Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
That's quite obvious why they went with that scene no? Because it's so ridiculous that nobody sane would take it serious, it's an obvious joke...
You mean like Drag Queen Story Hour and you sucking off your BF at the annual Brussels Pride Parade?
LMFAO imagine unironically comparing those things with a joke in a video game.

You're too far in the culture wars crap boyo.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
The scene isn't serious but the decision to show it is real and there was a real thought process behind it.

I think most people around here who are signalling outrage at the scene, are outraged by the decision more than by the scene's inclusion in the game. It's a sex scene within a PC-NPC romance where the NPC is a druid whose animal form is a bear. And lo and behold, the devs decided in this particular combination that the scene will include the druid shifting during the act. It makes sense so far, in a goofy humor context. But choosing to display this particular scene in the panel stream is a separate matter.
Sure there's an obvious marketing purpose too, Larian knew this shit will cause outrage... Mission accomplished.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Anyway besides the gay bear sex, let's take some time to celebrate the national belgian holiday

N4wslnK.gif

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The scene isn't serious but the decision to show it is real and there was a real thought process behind it.

I think most people around here who are signalling outrage at the scene, are outraged by the decision more than by the scene's inclusion in the game. It's a sex scene within a PC-NPC romance where the NPC is a druid whose animal form is a bear. And lo and behold, the devs decided in this particular combination that the scene will include the druid shifting during the act. It makes sense so far, in a goofy humor context. But choosing to display this particular scene in the panel stream is a separate matter.
Sure there's an obvious marketing purpose too, Larian knew this shit will cause outrage... Mission accomplished.
I too find this explanation more likely than Swen and the team sitting in a dark room and conspiring how to normalize zoophilia. But we live in the 21st century, every demand for a narrative will be met by someone to push that narrative :)

Still, I find it pretty distasteful even as marketing moves go.

Kiste

Augur
Perhaps resetera and Reddit are more your scene then?
Why? Those places are infested with people that act just like you. Can't even talk about a fucking game without some asshole making it political and whinging on and on and on about this shit. I don't fucking care if it's the woke morons or whatever it is that you think you are. If anything, you are even worse than those retards because you probably think that your one-liner shitposts are witty.

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
It doesn't matter if it's a woman, a man, a dog, a cat, a skeleton or a RealGolem(TM). If you aren't a girl and you're having little romantic fantasies about the characters in your video game... YOU'RE GAY!

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron

Because Larian devs have a history of trolling I wonder if they showed it because they're planning to do something else to wind up the people who play that romance later? If you let
Astarion drink your blood in the EA I think he can lose control and kill you
, since they faded to black after squirrel nut drop maybe the bear/Halsin does the same and kills anyone who goes down that route. Which would really be the best of both worlds when it comes to pissing people off, the 'it's zoophilia' crowd will still think it's degeneracy and the unironic bear fuckers will be enraged that it doesn't work out how they want it to

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Btw the bear joke ended with the squirrel dropping a nut and this:

afbeelding.png

Like I said if you take it serious you're a legit retard.
If processdaemon turns out right, this will be such fun. Some people itt will be outed as quite the thickies, and have every reason to feel not a little silly about themselves.

MasPingon

Arcane
I feel like I'm a research worker, watching twice a day a group of faggots, simps, cuckolds and wicked degenerates trying to convince others they are actually interested in rpg mechanics. It's even more intense in this thread. Now "it's a pixel, it doesn't exist". Everything on your screen is a god damn pixel.

Darth Valer

Literate
You're legit retarded if you take the bear scene serious.
You know, I've heard this argument already. And speaking for myself, I'm not taking it seriously. But you have to try to explain something.

Of all the imaginable for this context things-that-shouldn't-be-taken-seriously, why did they decide to go with a bear-on-man sex scene? That's what I'd like to hear someone rationalize.
Halsin and Astarion are, I believe, the two main characters horny redditors have thirsted over during the years of the Early Access. Halsin for being a muscle daddy, Astarion for being a vamp slut.
Halsin has ended up being a companion literally because of the thirst of the tumblr-esque community.

The sequence they showed was an attempt to capitalize on the fan-favorite characters of the 'romance-invested' community, and it was so over the top I think both as a means to #Meme with them (hornyposting on Reddit always has a certain layer of irony) and with what I understand to be the trope of Druids intermixing their shapeshifting abilities with sexual intercourse, or at least the recurring joke of it in the TTRPG discourse.

It was basically a Tumblr-meme-vignette, a way to show their affection towards an important segment of their audience. Larian is most likely kink-fetish friendly, but I think the "bestiality" angle is just ultra-reactionary retardedness.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom