Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Imagine thinking that not speaking like an actual trash, low IQ peasant makes you puritan. You try too hard.
Imagine thinking that high class, high IQ people don't use le bad words :lol:
Деамаааамудеа братчет, айде малко по-сериозно. Не е нужно изкуството да е изкуствено, може и малко натура да му туриме, може и малко по-близко да е до народния изговор.

Didn't they let the audience pick the dialog options? If yes, then of course everybody went with the bear, because it's so fucking ridiculous. Everybody who's still outraged about the bear scene is fucking heavy with the 'tism.
Yeah

5:33:18 if timestamp doesn't work

4:10:20 Character Creation
4:36:14 Dark Urge gameplay
5:04:10 "Break" ends
5:27:29 Date with Karlach
5:32:49 Bodice Ripper Afficionados appreciation time (and furrys)

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
I'm no furrynomics expert but doubt that the gay furry market is worth anywhere near the normie gamer market, when artists cater to them it's because perverts will pay a lot per unit for things tailored to their perversions. So they're only really relevant when you're trying to shift a small number of units for a high price, not a large number of units for a low-mid price, with the latter being what Larian are trying to do.

Herumor

Scholar
Lol no weight, height or muscle slider and i can only select between preset features but omg i can mix and match genitals and voice to be my TRUEST self.
Gotta love how even though the character creator empirically fails to surpass the standard set by other rpgs journos still wax lyrical and praise it as the best thing ever purely because of gender characteristics being unlocked.
An appropriate moment to remind everyone that Dragon's Dogma, a game originally released in 2012 for the PS3 console released in 2006, has an innovative character appearance customization system in which various parts of the face and body are selected from a lengthy list of available options, so that the player chooses the optimal shape of the character's eyes, eyebrows, ears, nose, mouth, head, arms, body, and legs, in a similar manner to the usual system for selecting just a hairstyle. Moreover, several parts of the face have additional sliders for fine-tuning their size and position, and there are further sliders for adjusting height, weight (fattiness versus thinness), musculature, bust size (women-only), posture, and stance.

Example screenshots:
Nywq3xUafgGFEQqgJeWRVe-970-80.jpg.webp

PmJArup6zAN5LTWJsBNJHK-970-80.jpg.webp

XFzYzrxCEXEB2X3Vs9idxC-970-80.jpg.webp

sKwAnAnDycuxKsysxSHuJV-970-80.jpg.webp
UAiZ3dKTap79qNSCw5Gbxm-970-80.jpg.webp

3158833.jpg

kNCe7UJJsxtPJQQx559ATX-970-80.jpg.webp
Don't forget how your height and weight affect gameplay elements as well - being tall means that when you're crossing a stream or a river your lantern won't get wet, but being short means it goes out. Being heavy means harpies can't carry you off and strong winds don't have as much impact on your movement.

I can't remember though if you can go after the goblins once they start retreating through those small holes in the walls.

CodexTotalWar

Learned
In retrospect, Dragon age Origins is the paragon of sanity compared to this game.
Probably, yeah, but not by much.

Creating a demon baby by having sex with a witch was a key plot point. There was also a dwarven threesome, and your male attendant chides you for not inviting him and making it a foursome. And there was even a gay elf.

All it was missing was the bear sex.

Dragon Age didn't have bears, but it did have nugs. It's one of the RNG options if you ask to be surprised at the brothel.
https://youtu.be/y-Dc2_WrElU?t=85

Steezus

Savant
Patron
Lol no weight, height or muscle slider and i can only select between preset features but omg i can mix and match genitals and voice to be my TRUEST self.
Gotta love how even though the character creator empirically fails to surpass the standard set by other rpgs journos still wax lyrical and praise it as the best thing ever purely because of gender characteristics being unlocked.
An appropriate moment to remind everyone that Dragon's Dogma, a game originally released in 2012 for the PS3 console released in 2006, has an innovative character appearance customization system in which various parts of the face and body are selected from a lengthy list of available options, so that the player chooses the optimal shape of the character's eyes, eyebrows, ears, nose, mouth, head, arms, body, and legs, in a similar manner to the usual system for selecting just a hairstyle. Moreover, several parts of the face have additional sliders for fine-tuning their size and position, and there are further sliders for adjusting height, weight (fattiness versus thinness), musculature, bust size (women-only), posture, and stance.

Example screenshots:

3158833.jpg

Don't forget how your height and weight affect gameplay elements as well - being tall means that when you're crossing a stream or a river your lantern won't get wet, but being short means it goes out. Being heavy means harpies can't carry you off and strong winds don't have as much impact on your movement.

I can't remember though if you can go after the goblins once they start retreating through those small holes in the walls.

I don't really care for a bunch of options and sliders in char creation, I just roll with whatever, but the actual physical apperance of your character having gameplay related variables is the most incline shit ever.

Gradenmayer

Learned

Example screenshots:

3158833.jpg

I don't really care for a bunch of options and sliders in char creation, I just roll with whatever, but the actual physical apperance of your character having gameplay related variables is the most incline shit ever.
They did that in street fighter 6 to an even higher degree (making longer hands increases range, but reduces speed, being wider boosts HP but makes your hitbox bigger and such). So expect it to be back in Dragon’s Dogma 2 with higher impact.

BG3 has that to a degree- some races are heavier and require higher strength to pick up and throw.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
They did that in street fighter 6 to an even higher degree (making longer hands increases range, but reduces speed, being wider boosts HP but makes your hitbox bigger and such). So expect it to be back in Dragon’s Dogma 2 with higher impact.

I might nut.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm no furrynomics expert but doubt that the gay furry market is worth anywhere near the normie gamer market, when artists cater to them it's because perverts will pay a lot per unit for things tailored to their perversions. So they're only really relevant when you're trying to shift a small number of units for a high price, not a large number of units for a low-mid price, with the latter being what Larian are trying to do.
Exactly this. You sir may not be an expert in furrynomics, but you are among the pioneers of this scientific discipline.

Yosharian

Arcane
I'm just gonna point out that for every person that's so offended by the bear thing that they don't buy the game (lol) there are gonna be 100 people that only heard about the game because of the bear scene and probably try it out and love it

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
In retrospect, Dragon age Origins is the paragon of sanity compared to this game.
Probably, yeah, but not by much.

Creating a demon baby by having sex with a witch was a key plot point. There was also a dwarven threesome, and your male attendant chides you for not inviting him and making it a foursome. And there was even a gay elf.

All it was missing was the bear sex.

Dragon Age didn't have bears, but it did have nugs. It's one of the RNG options if you ask to be surprised at the brothel.
https://youtu.be/y-Dc2_WrElU?t=85
Meh, this is on the level of the Tarant brothel sheep.

It's an option buried deeper in the game than a bear cock in a vampire spawn ass.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm just gonna point out that for every person that's so offended by the bear thing that they don't buy the game (lol) there are gonna be 100 people that only heard about the game because of the bear scene and probably try it out and love it
I heard there are lot of bears on Slovakia this year, and they started to eat people.

Gradenmayer

Learned
Every person here will play it. There hasn’t been a RPG since WoTR.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Much like Stealthfags, RPG players will slurp up nearly anything these days because they're so starved.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Imagine thinking that not speaking like an actual trash, low IQ peasant makes you puritan. You try too hard.
Imagine thinking that high class, high IQ people don't use le bad words :lol:
Деамаааамудеа братчет, айде малко по-сериозно. Не е нужно изкуството да е изкуствено, може и малко натура да му туриме, може и малко по-близко да е до народния изговор.

Common everyday speech doesn't use much profanity especially between strangers, even among close friends if you are cursing every sentence I would suggest either you fix your vocabulary or find new friends.
It's also ugly and the easiest sign to recognize bad writing from the get-go. So yes, use of "damn" or "fuck" pointlessly is a form of degeneracy, копеле. ;)

Ryzer

Arcane
On one hand, Arcanum, the legendary RPG classic (tm) from 2001 allowed goat sex . On the other hand Baldur's Gate 3 will allow bear sex.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
What about Solasta?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom