Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Gradenmayer

Learned
There's plenty of OSR systems that are 1E/2E in all but a name, but they don't come with a brand name that attracts millions of critical role / very strange things sheeple.

Don't hate the game, hate the player.
No no no you got this all wrong. I've been told that Larian are VERY BIG FANS of the original Baldur's Gate (It was the first DnD adaption on PC after all) and they really want to tell the story of... something something.

Point is, it doesn't matter whether 5e is a "good" or "bad" system (frankly, idk what even makes a system "good" or "bad"). What matters is that it managed to attract all the wrong kinds of people, and no system can fix that. If you're making money off their backs, well, good for you. I don't, so I'd rather dissociate from that hobby entirely than rub my shoulders with those freaks.
D&D always attracted weirdos of all kinds. But the massive chunk of socially inept nerds decided that their time is better spent sending death threats on twitter and shooting up schools, instead of playing D&D in their mom’s basement.

Gradenmayer

Learned
Bear4.jpg
You are the second guy in this thread that has a novel about bear sex. I am beginning to suspect that you both are unironically closeted zoophiles.

mondblut

Arcane
Point is, it doesn't matter whether 5e is a "good" or "bad" system (frankly, idk what even makes a system "good" or "bad"). What matters is that it managed to attract all the wrong kinds of people, and no system can fix that. If you're making money off their backs, well, good for you. I don't, so I'd rather dissociate from that hobby entirely than rub my shoulders with those freaks.
D&D always attracted weirdos of all kinds.

Yes, and it should have stayed that way. Once it went after normies and gurrrl gaymurz, it died inside.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"If 5E is garbage, why is everyone taking it instead of 2E? and by everyone I mean the developers."

Uh... you retartet. Pathfinder is 3.5 DnD. You dumbfukk shit.

"Josh endorses bear fucking"

Not shocking. He'd also support a mage shapeshifting into a little kid and having the player fuck them. FUKKIN' SICKO. He'd probably prefer a baby bear, fukkin' freak.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
The guy who tried to make actual muscle wizards a thing is an idiot. And, no, I don't mean a mage who is physically strong. I mean, a mage whose physical strength empowers his fukkin' spells. Its fukkin' retartet. And, no, don't defend it. That be retartet too.

The fact I got some enjoyment out of the PE series is a miracle. I think it happened IN SPITE OF Sawyer NOT BECAUSE OF Sawyer. :D

Shaki

Arbiter
The guy who tried to make actual muscle wizards a thing is an idiot. And, no, I don't mean a mage who is physically strong. I mean, a mage whose physical strength empowers his fukkin' spells. Its fukkin' retartet. And, no, don't defend it. That be retartet too.

The fact I got some enjoyment out of the PE series is a miracle. I think it happened IN SPITE OF Sawyer NOT BECAUSE OF Sawyer. :D

Don't forget about intelligence being one of the most important stats for a barbarian. Leading to hilarious sitations where in all the CYOA segments your nerdy wizard will be the one bending metal bars with his bare hands, while the barb will be a genius solving mathematical equations and deciphering arcane runes. Absolute fucking clown world, I hope Sawyer is never again allowed to work on any RPG game.

Saravan

Savant
Not a fan of him but he just said there was nothing wrong with powergaming, kinda hard to disagree with that but you need +80 iq to separate the message from the messenger so I can understand why it’s difficult for some.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
I'm not gonna listen to Adolf Hitler tell me how I shouldn't judge others based on their race. LMAO

yES, i FUKKIN' WENT THERE.

Ryzer

Arcane

Don't forget about intelligence being one of the most important stats for a barbarian. Leading to hilarious sitations where in all the CYOA segments your nerdy wizard will be the one bending metal bars with his bare hands, while the barb will be a genius solving mathematical equations and deciphering arcane runes. Absolute fucking clown world, I hope Sawyer is never again allowed to work on any RPG game.
Hey, Arnold Schwarzenegger ended up Governor of California and a talented businessman, who knows what can happen!

Shaki

Arbiter
you need +80 iq to separate the message from the messenger so I can understand why it’s difficult for some.

First I would need to know the message, and I'm not gonna waste my limited time on this earth, on listening to messages from a literal fucking retard Sawyer.

Saravan

Savant
you need +80 iq to separate the message from the messenger so I can understand why it’s difficult for some.

First I would need to know the message, and I'm not gonna waste my limited time on this earth, on listening to messages from a literal fucking retard Sawyer.
You sound like a guy who comments after just reading the headline of an article.

Barbarian

Arcane
We all whine about Swen and the femoid writing staff at Larian, but let us all admit they aren't as bad as Soyer and other elder remnants at fagsidian and biowhore.

Barbarian

Arcane
Never forget this whig wearing sodomite wrote most of BG2:

unnamed.png

He was probably heavily censored. If given free reign today gay bear sex would probably be the least of our concerns.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
We all whine about Swen and the femoid writing staff at Larian, but let us all admit they aren't as bad as Soyer and other elder remnants at fagsidian and biowhore.
These people have always been libshits, so their games becoming increasingly left-wing was inevitable, yes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom