Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
Noober is back and is voiced by CohhCarnage :hmmm:
I guess when they said they were making sure they incorporated parts of the original games into BG3 this is what they meant

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Cyberpunk reviews really separated the honest reviewers from the shills for me. Previously I just assumed they had bad taste, but after the 2077 debacle I knew they were just bought and paid for.

It was really funny watching them try to back peddle once the game was released.

The game will succeed with or without codex's seal of approval. What we are seeing here is just yet another episode of pre-release drama and the usual sperging points.

And how you evaluating my content?

Didn't I once call you one of my favorite shitposters? I dunno, it's hard to keep track of alts.

:smug:

La vie sexuelle

Learned
LVGeTzw.jpg
Poor bastard probably knew Jaheira wouldn't resurrect him.

j6wMBVB.jpg

Reminder that this, and 100 gold, is what it would have taken for Jaheira to resurrect Khalid.
But if Khalid is alive, how can she have an account on all those lonely old lady sex sites?
FxkVIz1.jpg

Acording to Swen, Jaheira has children (they probably was born after BG 2 story).

Cyberpunk reviews really separated the honest reviewers from the shills for me. Previously I just assumed they had bad taste, but after the 2077 debacle I knew they were just bought and paid for.

It was really funny watching them try to back peddle once the game was released.

The game will succeed with or without codex's seal of approval. What we are seeing here is just yet another episode of pre-release drama and the usual sperging points.

And how you evaluating my content?

Didn't I once call you one of my favorite shitposters? I dunno, it's hard to keep track of alts.

:smug:

I'm not an alt, so you called that different person. But thank you :happytrollboy:

Pizzashoes

Scholar
Remember Minsc? That loveable old ranger, "Go for the eyes Boo!" Haha, who's Dynaheir?

Remember Jaheira? That sassy, naggy fighter druid? She's back and with her old buddies the Harpers. She's still a Harper, right?

Remember Noober? What a silly guy!

Remember Sarevok? He returned to BG after getting kicked out.

Remember Bhaal? He's back and nastier than ever.

CHARNAME? Oh you mean Abdel Adrian. He's dead.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Wait. So, you can take a character like Minsc who is ranger and make him a wizard but every9one will react to him like he's a ranger? That's beyond retartet. FFS

And, they are hinting 'promising' a reveal of Boo's so called 'secret'? That is gonna b3 rich and most likely also be retartet.

Seriously, they make dumber than they need to.

Yet, they wont give me a b0obie slider.. but they'll give us a cock and pussy slider. FUKK OFF.

And, no option for rolling because they are anti choice.

I xpect most of their choices in the game to be fake, poorly written, or never the choice I'd want to make.

Hilariously, Larian at one time claimed the game would be 95% dnd compliant. More like 50% compliant if we ar ebeing generous. L0LZA

Saravan

Savant
I'll have you know Misnc and Jaheira can be class-fluid, be more tolerant
It’s retarded design to allow for full respec of companions but narratively treat them as their original class. And what’s the point about giving them specific attributes if you can just respec it anyways? Attributes are supposed to reflect the character. It’s all so retarded.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

People who played in full version said that third act is polished like in none of Larian games. I have good feelings.
People who played the full version of Cyberpunk before release said that it was the most incredible open world game they had ever experienced, and that it was going to revolutionize gaming.

Because the only people who get to play full versions of games before release are SHILLS every time. They have to give shit glowing reviews and recommendations or they lose their privileges. Get a clue.

Cdpr is not Larian tho.

Mortmal

Arcane
some stuff from interview so far
  • 10 am PST release
  • No rolling for stats. They actually had that for awhile, ended up cutting it.
  • Conversations are locked to the person initiating conversation. Other players can suggest answers, just like in EA currently
  • Cannot use rolls/checks from the other characters.
  • They are working on day one Steam Deck verified. It's not there yet, but they are trying.
  • Multiclass characters get all the options/reactivity tags for all their classes in conversations.
  • Resource management for resting - experimented with 'danger zones' where you cannot rest. play testers hated it. They reduced those - still there. Your map/ UI will have a red highlight to indicate a danger zone. Right now the system sounds to be pretty much like it is in EA otherwise.
  • How do you keep Larian Larian and avoid falling into the piftalls?
    • Swen basically just said he's not sure how to answer. They are a company that cares about their games, and they have an ethos of subjugating the bugdet to quality (they pick quality over budget) They will just redo it and redo it until they are happy with it. Everyone is passionate about their projects. And this will always be the way. They will just make something they want to play themselves. As long as the audience likes it too, Larian is probably good. He was about to say "as long as I'm in charge". Swen delivers high praise for the Larian team. "I founded this company. To make this kind of thing"
  • Is reviewing this game hard because of all the permutations? One reviewer will se one thing an another will see something else?
    • Yes, it worries me. We moved the date up and knew we would sacrifice review time. At this point we can't do much. Review codes go out very soon.
  • Will druids be able to talk to Boo?
    • Good question - we debated it for awhile. Wildshapes can talk to animals. Boo is special. How special - you will have to see for yourselves. The mystery of Boo is that it's the mystery of Boo. I think you will find a really good Minsc. You're mind melding with each other (tadpoles) but Boo we wanted to leave for you to discover.
  • A lot of 5e players noted there is no dodge?
    • Not in there. No Ready, no Dodge. Whether that was the right decision we will see with mods. People will probably mod it in. We are not shipping with it.
  • What was the hardest part/thing to make? The easiest?
    • What we were working on during Covid (Just everything we made during Covid) Dark time. Coincidentally, what we were working on was a dark part of the game.. Easiest - the city was easier than the bit we worked on during Covid.
  • Any particular character/class interactions in EA that most players missed that you noticed in the metadata?
    • I don't really pay attention to the data.

Swen loves Into the Breach

• What is your favorite Ultima 7 memory
    • There was a lich in Ultima 7 that told you he was unkillable. He wasn't. I spent hours figuring it out. That and the sheer sense of reward from exploration. Yesterday, I was in the city, and I was like, "We got it". I feel we nailed that sense of exploration. Secrets, secrets, rewards.
  • You guys have created something incredible - finely honed team creating this amazing engine. Will there be a DM tool?
    • No, I don't think so. It would be such a big undertaking. I wish we had it, becasue it would make our lives easier. I don;t think we will be doing that. It's not undoable.
    • We will support modding. There will be a lot of support coming for modding, but not at release. It will still be complicated. You will need time and a team. I'm not saying it's undoable.
  • Have you guys alluded to/ talked about more content coming in the future?
    • I missed the answer here - sorry folks. But sounded like a yes.

multiclassing spell progression answer plx
Fucking playtesters crying about not being able to rest spam. At least they didn’t succumb completely and scrapped it entirely. It’s an endless battle with these casual fucks trying to turn every game bland.
Let's see how it turns out; it has the potential to become the best D&D game ever made if there's resource management. I only hope they keep the most dangerous zones in tactician mode.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Fucking playtesters crying about not being able to rest spam. At least they didn’t succumb completely and scrapped it entirely. It’s an endless battle with these casual fucks trying to turn every game bland.
Don't make me say it...

LARIAN AUDIENCE

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
The old way was the best. You don't need stupid ass "systems" or "zones". You just allow people to rest in a dangerous place and then they wake up with 15 kobolds kicking dirt in their face. If they survive that, now they *really* need a rest! Surely they won't get jumped twice in a row right? So they rest and then wake up with 30 kobolds urinating in their elf panty collection... and so on and so forth.

Barbarian

Arcane
For all the "high productions values" there are some things that pop to the eye. Graphics for instance. Such as weapons not having scabbards or everything clipping with the newly added cloaks.

Maybe just maybe these would have been better graphical features to invest resources in than editable dicks, vagenes and cloacas? More important than vitiligo slider as well!

turkishronin

Arcane

People who played in full version said that third act is polished like in none of Larian games. I have good feelings.
People who played the full version of Cyberpunk before release said that it was the most incredible open world game they had ever experienced, and that it was going to revolutionize gaming.

Because the only people who get to play full versions of games before release are SHILLS every time. They have to give shit glowing reviews and recommendations or they lose their privileges. Get a clue.

Cdpr is not Larian tho.

Yeah CDPR made a couple of good games

EvilWolf

Learned
For all the "high productions values" there are some things that pop to the eye. Graphics for instance. Such as weapons not having scabbards or everything clipping with the newly added cloaks.

Maybe just maybe these would have been better graphical features to invest resources in than editable dicks, vagenes and cloacas? More important than vitiligo slider as well!
Gotta get that ESG money!

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
open last page - ghey vampire. open last page few pages later - bear seggs. open last page few pages later again - cloacas.
and you fags still pretend to be not core bioware audience?
Your mom is my core audience. Hard core audience.

Barbarian

Arcane
From what I have seem there are several entertaining ways to kill the vampire faggot. You can even literally deliver him to a professional monster hunter.

One can be butthurt that all these woke options are available, but you are apparently(hopefully) able to circunvent them all. They seem to be holding to the promise that every single character can be killed.

Not like Wrath of the tranny where you are forced into having an orc lesbian couple following you around for half the game.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I hate resources management, it usually is shit 90% of the time.
While I don't disagree with you, everything in D&D is resource management. If you don't like managing spell slots, features, items, HP, etc, then D&D is not the system for you.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
The old way was the best. You don't need stupid ass "systems" or "zones". You just allow people to rest in a dangerous place and then they wake up with 15 kobolds kicking dirt in their face. If they survive that, now they *really* need a rest! Surely they won't get jumped twice in a row right? So they rest and then wake up with 30 kobolds urinating in their elf panty collection... and so on and so forth.
That just encourages people to rest as often as possible - if you can get jumped while resting you want to make sure you have resources left to deal with the monsters.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
That just encourages people to rest as often as possible - if you can get jumped while resting you want to make sure you have resources left to deal with the monsters.
Nah, you just save/reload.

Shaki

Arbiter
The game will succeed with or without codex's seal of approval.

Thanks, cpt obvious. No game ever needed Codex's seal of approval to succeed, the whole existence on this place is based on hating the degeneracy and decline that mainstream brings.

The only seal of approval needed to succeed, is the one from twitter and reddit trannies, and it's the main reason why nearly every successful game is shit.

Ryzer

Arcane
Yes Shaki but unfortunately I think reddit and twitter users arrived into this place some times ago, as seen by the reactions on this thread.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom