Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 hate thread

Gyor

Savant
So this is where all the butthurt RTwP fans are hiding!

Listen, I think we can all agree that BGIII will be quite different from the BioWare games. That much is obvious. And I think that it would be fairly difficult to expect a game in the exact same vein as BG1/2 in 2020. That's precisely what POE1 did, and look where that got us.

Personally, I'm ok with BGIII being a bit different because:
  1. The Bhaalspawn Saga was wrapped up 15+ years ago. Whatever Larian ends up making, it will not taint the original storyline, because the original story is over.
  2. Larian still seems focused on building a genuine RPG. This is not a Dark Alliance game or what have you.
My question to the residents of this thread would be: which developer would you actually trust with making a third Baldur's Gate game?

(I do understand the concerns about the writing, but it's pretty hard to judge that right now...)

If the Bhalspawn saga was wrapped up 15 years ago, why are they calling it BG3?. Why are we in a position to ask who should make a BG3?.

Larian/the publisher is using the title and the IP to stand on the shoulders of the first two games. That's what irritates on fans like me. They should have just used a different title.

Also, (not sure about this) but isn't it tied in some way to the Descent Into Avernus campaign? And isn't that something to do with Bhaal? So if they're using that backstory/IP as well, then they're also benefitting from the creative talent of the writers from the first two games (who created the whole Bhaal backstory, not the avernus stuff) and we all know Larian's writers arn't at that level.

WE FUCKING GET IT ALREARY. Yes they used have used another name for BG3, but they didn't, it was a business decision. But it's done and repeating this shit endlessly when we've all heard it a million times is pointless. You've vented here, move on.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Listen, I think we can all agree that BGIII will be quite different from the BioWare games. That much is obvious. And I think that it would be fairly difficult to expect a game in the exact same vein as BG1/2 in 2020. That's precisely what POE1 did, and look where that got us.

1. The Bhaalspawn Saga was wrapped up 15+ years ago. Whatever Larian ends up making, it will not taint the original storyline, because the original story is over.
  2. Larian still seems focused on building a genuine RPG. This is not a Dark Alliance game or what have you.
My question to the residents of this thread would be: which developer would you actually trust with making a third Baldur's Gate game?

(I do understand the concerns about the writing, but it's pretty hard to judge that right now...)

If the Bhalspawn saga was wrapped up 15 years ago, why are they calling it BG3?. Why are we in a position to ask who should make a BG3?.

Larian/the publisher is using the title and the IP to stand on the shoulders of the first two games. That's what irritates on fans like me. They should have just used a different title.

Also, (not sure about this) but isn't it tied in some way to the Descent Into Avernus campaign? And isn't that something to do with Bhaal? So if they're using that backstory/IP as well, then they're also benefitting from the creative talent of the writers from the first two games (who created the whole Bhaal backstory, not the avernus stuff) and we all know Larian's writers arn't at that level.

WE FUCKING GET IT ALREARY. Yes they used have used another name for BG3, but they didn't, it was a business decision. But it's done and repeating this shit endlessly when we've all heard it a million times is pointless. You've vented here, move on.

Wow. Somebody's still a virgin. :roll:

Elex

Arbiter

In descent you met and fight cultist of the dead three in baldur’s gate.
In BG3 the tiefling are fugitive from elturiel that get the blame for the city descent in hell.

Gyor

Savant

I haven't been a virgin since your mom took my virginity.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex

I haven't been a virgin since your mom took my virginity.

I'll make you a virgin when I'm done with you you cunt

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Gyor Uncreative, butthurt, NPC, Larian fanbois in every BG thread on the Codex. Totally incapable of taking any criticism of this developing BG3.

As I've said before: I'm sure you'll enjoy the game. :smug:

Gyor

Savant
Gyor Uncreative, butthurt, NPC, Larian fanbois in every BG thread on the Codex. Totally incapable of taking any criticism of this developing BG3.

First off I'm not Larian fan boi, because I bought DOS2 just this month, and have no other Larian games. I'm taking shots at the haters at this point because you guys are on autorepeat at this time, I've seen bots make more original points.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron

First off I'm not Larian fan boi, because I bought DOS2 just this month, and have no other Larian games. I'm taking shots at the haters at this point because you guys are on autorepeat at this time, I've seen bots make more original points.

I pop in every couple of months, and I've got no idea what the standard points are. A random guy like you asks a question, and I answered it normally. Then you respond with ALL CAPS AND GET RETARDED. That's what they were doing on the other threads - except this is THE BALDURS GATE HATE THREAD. Its actually at the point where I can't make a post in any BG3 thread without people going ballistic because any form of criticism is considered foaming at the mouth 'hate'.

It's like being in the school playground again - a bunch of normal kids are cussing each other and making everyone laugh: and then the retaetdet (I think Volourn may spell that better) kids come along get all menthally ewrect and serious. And then the teachers have to ban cussing.

Maybe semi-informed people like me need a BG3 hate thread so that we can track whatever the fuck these morons are doing with the game, to make a decision on whether to buy, get in a sale, or totally ignore.

And last time I checked: Codex is one of the last places on earth with free speech. So if you don't like anyone you deem a hater: maybe don't read the BG3 hate thread?. Retard. :retarded: Just a thought.

Saravan

Savant

I pop in every couple of months, and I've got no idea what the standard points are. A random guy like you asks a question, and I answered it normally. Then you respond with ALL CAPS AND GET RETARDED. That's what they were doing on the other threads - except this is THE BALDURS GATE HATE THREAD. Its actually at the point where I can't make a post in any BG3 thread without people going ballistic because any form of criticism is considered foaming at the mouth 'hate'.

It's like being in the school playground again - a bunch of normal kids are cussing each other and making everyone laugh: and then the retaetdet (I think Volourn may spell that better) kids come along get all menthally ewrect and serious. And then the teachers have to ban cussing.

Maybe semi-informed people like me need a BG3 hate thread so that we can track whatever the fuck these morons are doing with the game, to make a decision on whether to buy, get in a sale, or totally ignore.

And last time I checked: Codex is one of the last places on earth with free speech. So if you don't like anyone you deem a hater: maybe don't read the BG3 hate thread?. Retard. :retarded: Just a thought.

Pretty big hyperbole given that if you actually took the time to read through the main BG3 thread, which I don't recommend since it's +600 pages long by now, you would see that the majority of posts fall somewhere between fair criticism to straight up anti-Larian frothing rage. The notion that someone who hates or dislike BG3 is persecuted simply is not real and sounds awful a lot like victim complex.

I have my share of points I think the game could improve on and my concerns about the development of the game. But when someone, not you specifically, is actively looking for literally anything to complain about - no matter if it has no reasonable basis in the information of the game available or praises essentially identical concepts in other games whilst simultaneously hating on BG3 for doing the same thing then yeah, that person is full of shit and should be called out for it.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
That's fair enough, but as I said already - I barely follow this apparent flame war - so I don't quite get it when somebody asks a question, I answer with my main criticism, and subsequently get shoehorned into the 'frothing at the mouth camp of haters'. And to be fair: this is the 'hate' thread. So all of the people who have their doubs should be free to do so here without somebody else telling them they need to go to confession on Sunday and confess all their dirty thoughts on BG3.

Sometimes it's simple and efficient to keep all the shit in one place. Then people jump in and complain about not finding the gold watch...

Gyor

Savant

Yes free speech means folks can make rebuttals to statements, its seems your looking for a safe space for BG3 hate, free from counter critism. Its a debate.

Lilliput McHammersmith

Yes free speech means folks can make rebuttals to statements, its seems your looking for a safe space for BG3 hate, free from counter critism. Its a debate.
And furthermore, most "hate" stems down to a few things:
  • DAE BG3=DOS3?? LOL
  • DAE hate Larian jokes smh
  • DAE turn-based in MY rtwp?? The blasphemy

Gyor

Savant

• DAE BG3=DOS3?? LOL

You forgot the its too cartoony looking complaint (its not even close to looking cartoony).

Your right, its extremely repetitive.

Lilliput McHammersmith

• DAE BG3=DOS3?? LOL

You forgot the its too cartoony looking complaint (its not even close to looking cartoony).

Haha true. It's obviously not going to be an actual sequel to Throne of Bhaal. I don't know why anyone was expecting that. And it's not like ToB was even that good to begin with...

Chippy

Arcane
Patron

You mean how I responded normally to your post like I was conversing normally, and then you followed up with SPASTIC CAPS and had some sort of triggering because (I assume) I brought up a point that other people have multiple times?. Once again retard: if you don't like people bringing civil criticism to a game in a thread titled "Baldur's Gate 3 Hate Thread" then you're in the wrong thread.

Morons. Everywhere. :negative:

Gyor

Savant

You mean how I responded normally to your post like I was conversing normally, and then you followed up with SPASTIC CAPS and had some sort of triggering because (I assume) I brought up a point that other people have multiple times?. Once again retard: if you don't like people bringing civil criticism to a game in a thread titled "Baldur's Gate 3 Hate Thread" then you're in the wrong thread.

Morons. Everywhere. :negative:

Stop being a drama queen over the use of caps. Get over it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom