Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Gyor

Savant
My prediction: Codex hates gameplay reveal, but Minsc/Boo makes a cameo and is somehow still alive, so everything balances out.
There are very few people on here who like Minsc, sooooo I don't know how that balances out anything.

I'd love to see minsc alive on this one, just to kill him in the worst way possible with this glorious system that is 5E

Is codex cool with 5e? Last time I brought it up it was like heresy.[/QUOTE]

Codex isn't a hive mind.

User0001

Savant
I can't wait until tomorrow. When all the people who don't even care about the game that much come into this thread and tell the actual fans who have been here the whole time what is and isn't a big deal.

"the actual fans" :roll:

tumblr_m0xu9ptSxt1r2qn3to1_250.gifv

Last edited:

Dodo1610

Arcane
I just realized Bioware still exists and they were not given the license.

Bioware wasn't interested in the forgotten realms after Jade Empire, instead, Gaider and friends wanted to create their own medieval fantasy world, which then became Dragon Age. They are probably the only CRPG dev that never tried to make BG3 since they thought the story was over.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Congratulations, you described 90% of combat in every RTwP RPG ever released.

And there are lot of turn based games that have trash mobs that conform to my description.
Thus, making a former rtwp game into a turn-based game, it's not a guarantee of a quality gaming experience just because now it's turn-based.

Must've been 5-10% of all combat encounters in the game, max.
In D:OS2, pretty much every encounter is a close call like that (on higher difficulties, obv.)

so 10% (which is too low but as you wish) was good quality combat experience but the rest 90% was bad because rtwp and skewed difficulty because by definition rtwp is bound to have an artificially inflated number of poor quality encounters?
or because poor design of which can suffer even a TB game?
Turn based combat is not even a remotely guarantee of a quality gaming experience and neither rtwp.

Mud'

Scholar
And there are lot of turn based games that have trash mobs that conform to my description.

I cant recall D:OS2 having any trash mobs at all, then again i doubt that BG 3 is going to be TB or something like D:OS2 linear map.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Is this the first game ever whose gameplay reveal was such a huge deal and so advertised? It somehow leaves a bad taste in my mouth but I'm not sure why. It's like it's being held hostage for marketing reasons, but those marketing reasons are insulting. I don't know how to explain it.

My prediction: Codex hates gameplay reveal, but Minsc/Boo makes a cameo and is somehow still alive, so everything balances out.
There are very few people on here who like Minsc, sooooo I don't know how that balances out anything.

Who is more disliked, Minsc or Imoen?

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I propose another combat type poll for Larian to "ignore" like the cucks at inXile did. It really turned out good for them. :)

The poll was 7,267 voters for turn-based, 7,052 for real-time and 782 indifferent people
"We have decided to go with turn-based combat," Project Lead Kevin Saunders wrote in a Kickstarter update. "Ultimately, there are no losers here. This is all part of the process of making an RPG we are all passionate about and we think you'll like Torment's combat even if you voted for RTwP. While we have not been looking forward to disappointing half of our backers, we were happy to find that many of the reasons people gave for disliking TB and preferring RTwP can be addressed through the details of our combat system and encounter design."

i doubt that BG 3 is going to be TB or something like D:OS2 linear map.

map01.jpg

deuxhero

Arcane
Is anyone doubting that Minsc is going to be make at least a cameo? I predict him being a companion.

Wasn't there some shitty comic that established he was petrified then depetrified to be alive after a time gap (where, in FR tradition, absolutely zero innovation happened)?

I'd be perfectly OK with one cameo like a painting, supposedly of a great hero, that depicts him or a miniature giant space hamster seller. Odds are there's going to be a dozen.

Mortmal

Arcane
Is codex cool with 5e? Last time I brought it up it was like heresy.
Of course not ! Codex is only officialy cool with 2E and disgruntedly maybe 3.5 pathfinder, especially amongst those who never had a group . Playing said systems is not mandatory to express loudly an opinion of course. I played pretty much everything , i appreciate 5e as being back to the roots if not flawless yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom