Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Xzar

Augur
News from the frontlines.

r/baldursgate is mostly ovverun by DOS loyalists at the moment. Enemy uses discord for coordinated downvoting of long time subscibers of this sub.
r/divinityoriginalsin so far remains the only salt-free community on BG3
Lots of bans to people who clocked 200+ hours in BGEE and BG2EE on Steam
Dixon Sider's "Larian, please rename this" thread on Steam gets locked at 1424 comments, within one hour after OneAngryGamer gets to know about its existence
Infinitron moves away the discussion about Islamic influences on game's lead designer in apparent attempt to hide it from the eyes of unregistered users on Codex
Situation at Beamdog forums is unclear
BG fans are coordinating a response in personal chats at the moment

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
RPGcodex, the forum where you can learn that BG 1 & 2 and Fallout 2 sucked.
I take it you're not familiar with how the Codex was back in the ~2005 era.
Newfags have no idea how the codex was on 2005. It was far more elitist, even the raving lunatics of that time were more inclined than of today. It is pure decline.

so you're saying that even the decline is declining

Elex

Arbiter
Does anyone else feel really unimpressed by the companions (apart from the weird green alien elf)? Like not one of them even stands an inch next to how unique and snatched Pallegina lewks (or any of the main cast of Deadfire). Like older not as cute Timothée Chalamet the vampire elf is so bland. That nobody cutscene halfling that Swen fights before the dungeon totally looks like he has as much effort put into his lewk as some of your party? That's my only criticism tho and maybe they'll fix them and make them more unique during early access.
In today interviews they confirmed again that you can kill them so i guess there are more companions npc.

Slaver1

Savant
I love the way Larian are pretending to ignore the barrage of outrage from the actual Baldurs Gate fandom about their Divinity 2 re-skin. They couldn't be more obvious about wanting us to be demographically displaced by the fanbase they've been cultivating with DOS.

Black

Arcane
I just hope Larian do Beamdog's classics justice.
Claim them as their own?
bFOlTJf.png

DraQ

Arcane
It seems the only thing this game has in common with Baldur's Gate is the slogan they keep forcing into every single trailer, web page, and anything else that has anything to do with the game.
Gather your party. Gather your party. Gather your party.
Doesn't it just tickle your nostalgia when we use this one line as our catch phrase while simultaneously ignoring everything else about the originals?
Could you, like, venture forth?
As in somewhere else perhaps?

Elex

Arbiter
News from the frontlines.

r/baldursgate is mostly ovverun by DOS loyalists at the moment. Enemy uses discord for coordinated downvoting of long time subscibers of this sub.
r/divinityoriginalsin so far remains the only salt-free community on BG3
Lots of bans to people who clocked 200+ hours in BGEE and BG2EE on Steam
Dixon Sider's "Larian, please rename this" thread on Steam gets locked at 1424 comments, within one hour after OneAngryGamer gets to know about its existence
Infinitron moves away the discussion about Islamic influences on game's lead designer in apparent attempt to hide it from the eyes of unregistered users on Codex
Situation at Beamdog forums is unclear
BG fans are coordinating a response in personal chats at the moment
And nobody care about larian forums.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria

Anonona

Learned
Did S0rcererV1ct0r made that thread?. Writing style is very similar at least.
I doubt there will be cool down on spells or abilities. At most, if short rest aren't there, then maybe some skills or spells may have out of combat cool downs to compensate or as someone has said, probably limited uses per combat. Perhaps Larian wanted to avoid the players spamming short rest too much after every fight, which would be a stark contrast to D:OS 2 auto heal and easy rest. Also maybe they were worried that it would somehow affect the "flow" of the game if players rested after each fight.

Is there any info about how long rests are going to work? I really hope they do not let us just rest without consequences, it would defy the purpose of the mechanic if it were like that. Either limiting when to rest or some kind of time limit should help to encourage the players to manage their resources instead of relaying on resting.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Seeing how BG3 features spelljammers, I wonder if we'll finally be encountering some giants space hamsters of the non-miniature kind?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom