Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Codex Year of the Donut
I’m also a sucker for music and D:OS2’s is excellent.
Now imagine if Kirill was still alive...
:negative:
4D6P3Mq.png

MjG5Bke.png

Sweeper

Arcane
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
I'll reserve judgement until after the game is released.

Sweeper

Arcane
That's good.
But I still ain't getting on no hype trains...
I've been burned too many times.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
That's good.
But I still ain't getting on no hype trains...
I've been burned too many times.

I specifically don't get on hype train because once I all the games I was hyped for ended up being garbage. I now firmly believe that I'm cursed and I jinx future games simply by being excited about them. I'm defending BG3 here but I'm not excited in the least as a precaution.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler

First two chapters of WOTR are currently playable for those of us with alpha access and they’re fantastic.
Do they follow the general format of kingmaker? Do a couple preliminary quests then a big dungeon as a finale? Were there big dungeons in the first two chapters? Honestly the best part of kingmaker for me were those big levels since recent games have been disappointing in that regard

guestposting

Educated

First two chapters of WOTR are currently playable for those of us with alpha access and they’re fantastic.
Do they follow the general format of kingmaker? Do a couple preliminary quests then a big dungeon as a finale? Were there big dungeons in the first two chapters? Honestly the best part of kingmaker for me were those big levels since recent games have been disappointing in that regard

Yes, yes and yes. Fewer small side locations than Kingmaker—not sure if that’s a design choice or if they just haven’t put them in yet—but there are a bunch of big maps and the finale of both chapters is a big dungeon.

Elex

Arbiter

Yes, yes and yes. Fewer small side locations than Kingmaker—not sure if that’s a design choice or if they just haven’t put them in yet—but there are a bunch of big maps and the finale of both chapters is a big dungeon.
Sound good, i hope is not too much linear.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The best RPG structure is having a main quest that can be completed in a variety of ways. Exploration and side questing make more sense then, you never know where the solution will pop up. Being led by the nose from NPC to NPC during the main quest and then having random side quests sprinkled in is awful.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
The best RPG structure is having a main quest that can be completed in a variety of ways. Exploration and side questing make more sense then, you never know where the solution will pop up. Being led by the nose from NPC to NPC during the main quest and then having random side quests sprinkled in is awful.
You can still have multiple solutions without letting me go to falkreath or dawn star when ever I want to, but I guess there was never a risk of wrath of the righteous ever being like that

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Larianfags are decline incarnate.
We've had our Underrail and PF:KM. The renaissance was nice while it lasted.
Time to go back to the dark ages.
Ahhh why go back?!?! Just ignore this trash and focus on the true incline that is coming out in the end of the year :).

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Just ignore this trash

When larianfags says things like "dos2 is the modern baldur's gate", is hard to ignore then... How someone can believe that a game with cooldowns, item fever, retarded armor system, only numeric ""progression"", cringe writing(...) is the "new baldur's gate"?
There's a D:OS retrospective where even Swen says that Baldur's Gate was the last thing they were going for, but when everyone started saying shit like that they decided to go along with it.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Just ignore this trash

When larianfags says things like "dos2 is the modern baldur's gate", is hard to ignore then... How someone can believe that a game with cooldowns, item fever, retarded armor system, only numeric ""progression"", cringe writing(...) is the "new baldur's gate"?
Indeed, Dos2 was better than Baldur's Gate. Wotc saw this too hence them giving their inferior franchise to Larian so they can make it better.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Just ignore this trash

Ahhh i don't mean literally ignore them,just don't get butthurt over a bunch of retards. It is not like the first time we get a upcoming popular game and the codex gets flooded by drooling retarded fanboyz. Same was with pillars,as it was with Bethesda games. It is shame that admins don't kick out the most retarded.

Mortmal

Arcane
Here's a sample of how ridiculous lvl 10+ actually is -

When clerics reach 9th level (Matriarch/Patriarch), they may choose to construct a castle (see p. X52) or stronghold. If they have not lost the favor of their deity, the cost of building the castlewill be half the normal amount due to miraculous assistance from the deity. For example, if a cleric spends 50,000 gp on a castle, the cleric would actually be able to build a structure that normally costs 100,000 gp. Furthermore, once the castle is completed, fanatically loyal troops (the "faithful", who never need to check morale) will come to defend the cleric. There will be from 50-300 soldiers (5d6x 10), from l-2nd level, armed with various weapons. It is up to the DM to determine their exact composition (how many archers, how many cavalry, etc.)
How do you proceed from here?
At this point your party members are small feudal lords , your adventures determines the outcome of wars and fate of entire countries . It's easy to keep going on,just think bigger scope, send them on far away journey to gather rare artefacts, the followers are still low level fighters that wont follow in dungeons. Even if they do , CR10+ encounters and attrition alone would wipe them out. Write some stronghold related quests too. A good Dm can bring your character to godhood , becmi covered that very well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom