Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Bara

Arcane
Some one made a supercut of the presentation cutting to all the interesting bits

ADL

Prophet
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB / AMD RX580

quite high for what dos2 showed? Are we in for sparkles everywhere?
Get used to it. 16GB is the absolute bare minimum once the consoles start rolling out. Also RX580s have gone for about a hundred bucks for the past year and a half at least. Highly picking one up at that price as I'd imagine it still has a year or two worth of life in it.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I just had the time to watch the whole stream, and as embarrassing as Swen might be with his weird sets, and him having a specific button for <insert caps lock thing here> or just fucking randomly having his ear piece fall off during the show, and a member of the crew having to physically come and pick it up for him, because he is ironclad in armour... that's nothing compared to the guy that said "we've never seen an Intellect Devourer in an D&D RPG before".

I can name NWN 1, for sure that everyone knows of. And then there's Dark Sun: Wake of the Ravager too.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I just had the time to watch the whole stream, and as embarrassing as Swen might be with his weird sets, and him having a specific button for <insert caps lock thing here> or just fucking randomly having his ear piece fall off during the show, and a member of the crew having to physically come and pick it up for him, because he is ironclad in armour... that's nothing compared to the guy that said "we've never seen an Intellect Devourer in an D&D RPG before".

I can name NWN 1, for sure that everyone knows of. And then there's Dark Sun: Wake of the Ravager too.
I think he just wanted to brag about never playing videogames for losers.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Did they mention anything about companions? Will there be companions you meet along the way or it's DOS2 all over again?

Bara

Arcane
They said for early access we'd have five companions at first. Whether that means we get more at act 1 only or they'll space them out dunno.

jf8350143

Liturgist
They said for early access we'd have five companions at first. Whether that means we get more at act 1 only or they'll space them out dunno.

That's what worries me because every companion we see so far is a potential protagonist and they are the ones on the game's cover.

It feels like they are going with the DOS 2 route, you get every companion right at the beginning and you are controlling essentially 4 different protagonists through out the whole game.

If that's the case we probably won't get more companions later, maybe one or two at most but that's it. And unlike DOS 2 where everyone can do everything, the class system of DND will make it a huge pain in the ass when you try to build a team with companions instead of mercenaries you created.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Interview with Swen: more systemics, "we have many evil storylines", 'BG3 EA is bigger than DOS2 EA in terms of depth not length necessarily', the interviewer tried to pull off 'Dark Souls of Baldur's Gate' but Swen was like 'what?'.

Zer0wing

Cipher

7303510f7883bb20ccabd4e97fc97d77.gif

Hey buddy you picked the wrong thread. Baldur's Gate 3 appreciation thread is two blocks down.

Readher

Savant

Turned base :prosper:

Native speakers write more like ESL than ESL do nowadays. I like it the most when they excuse ignorance of the most basic shit (their/they're, could've/could of) with the fact that they learnt language by hearing unlike ESL, as if they never read or written a single fucking thing throughout school and at home. Polish literally has rz-ż, h-ch and u-ó that sound exactly the same and you need to know which one to use in what word and no one even thinks about excusing mistakes with "learning by hearing" because it outs you as an illiterate retard.

Readher

Savant
By the way, why is Dorito Pope such a liar? He said we're going to see "lots of gameplay", but we've been barely shown shit. Or was it Larian who lied to him about it in the first place?

On another note, I absolutely fucking hate the trend in marketing where information that's already several months old and easily found is being "revealed" as if it was something new. Soyberpunk, this and Bloodlines 2 are notorious for this. I swear, if I hear one more time about Flathead mission in CP2077 or about general BG3 stuff shown in the first gameplay reveal during some kind of event, I'm gonna flip.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Would someone brief me, is all/most the hatred because of the use of writing/lore here?

It's a lot more than that. Basically everyone is mad at larian because all of their previous games have sucked and they feel that larian does not deserve the honour or privilege of touching anything to do with the great Baldurs Gate series. They made a game and called it baldurs gate 3 even though it has nothing to do with the series. Everything is copied from dos2 rather than BG 1 or 2. Every time there is a design philosophy difference between dos2 and BG series, it is almost guaranteed that they take the dos2 route. They have no reason to call this game baldurs gate 3, and by even suggesting that it's similar to the BG series in any way is a disgrace against the gaming industry. They used the name but refuse to acknowledge the originals otherwise. That's just a couple of reasons why everybody hates the game. swen is a thief.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Absolutely not everybody hates the game, most people are pretty excited and why not? There is literally nothing bad about it so far. Turn based, D&D, normal itemization, huge game. What's not to like? Even the writing seems servicable so far.
Don't listen to this guy, he is after all a village idiot

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Interview with Swen: more systemics, "we have many evil storylines", 'BG3 EA is bigger than DOS2 EA in terms of depth not length necessarily', the interviewer tried to pull off 'Dark Souls of Baldur's Gate' but Swen was like 'what?'.

Also "I like it, that's the way things should be. just... simple"

These are the type of people larian caters to. Degenerates and dumbfucks. It's just unfortunate they dragged a good series into the middle of it. BG series is simply a tool for them to use and abuse.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom