Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Discussion in 'Larian Studios' started by Belegarsson, May 30, 2019.

1. NJClaw Ontopolover by choice Patron

NJClaw
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Turned base :prosper:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • It's a matter of time It's a matter of time x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Readher Learned

Readher
    Native speakers write more like ESL than ESL do nowadays. I like it the most when they excuse ignorance of the most basic shit (their/they're, could've/could of) with the fact that they learnt language by hearing unlike ESL, as if they never read or written a single fucking thing throughout school and at home. Polish literally has rz-ż, h-ch and u-ó that sound exactly the same and you need to know which one to use in what word and no one even thinks about excusing mistakes with "learning by hearing" because it outs you as an illiterate retard.

• Brofist x 6
    • Funny x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Makes you think... x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. aweigh Arcane

aweigh
    a gtx 1050 cannot run kindom c00m deliverance "fine".

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • meh meh x 1
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Readher Learned

Readher
    Some people don't see problem playing at 30 FPS average and with frametimes that look like a pulse wave and call that "fine". I don't know whether to pity or envy them.

• Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Drakortha Learned

Drakortha
    play on xbox to get that exclusive 4k 120fps

^ Top  
  6. Readher Learned

Readher
    By the way, why is Dorito Pope such a liar? He said we're going to see "lots of gameplay", but we've been barely shown shit. Or was it Larian who lied to him about it in the first place?

On another note, I absolutely fucking hate the trend in marketing where information that's already several months old and easily found is being "revealed" as if it was something new. Soyberpunk, this and Bloodlines 2 are notorious for this. I swear, if I hear one more time about Flathead mission in CP2077 or about general BG3 stuff shown in the first gameplay reveal during some kind of event, I'm gonna flip.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Child of Malkav Savant

Child of Malkav
    My 770 4GB ran KCD at around 30fps or higher with everything on low except resolution. I can imagine a 1050 running it much better.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Silverfish Educated

Silverfish
    It works. The cope for both games is pretty similar.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Ontopoly Magister

Ontopoly
    It's a lot more than that. Basically everyone is mad at larian because all of their previous games have sucked and they feel that larian does not deserve the honour or privilege of touching anything to do with the great Baldurs Gate series. They made a game and called it baldurs gate 3 even though it has nothing to do with the series. Everything is copied from dos2 rather than BG 1 or 2. Every time there is a design philosophy difference between dos2 and BG series, it is almost guaranteed that they take the dos2 route. They have no reason to call this game baldurs gate 3, and by even suggesting that it's similar to the BG series in any way is a disgrace against the gaming industry. They used the name but refuse to acknowledge the originals otherwise. That's just a couple of reasons why everybody hates the game. swen is a thief.

• butthurt x 6
    • retadred x 5
    • Brofist x 4
    • (autism) x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • When words are not enough x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Jimmious Arcane Patron

Jimmious
    Absolutely not everybody hates the game, most people are pretty excited and why not? There is literally nothing bad about it so far. Turn based, D&D, normal itemization, huge game. What's not to like? Even the writing seems servicable so far.
    Don't listen to this guy, he is after all a village idiot

• Brofist x 9
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 5
    • retadred x 2
    • decline x 1
    • Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    I'm more side-eyeing that Win 10 requirement.

• Old x 7
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 2
    • Rage x 2
    • Button x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • rolleyes x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Ontopoly Magister

Ontopoly
    Also "I like it, that's the way things should be. just... simple"

These are the type of people larian caters to. Degenerates and dumbfucks. It's just unfortunate they dragged a good series into the middle of it. BG series is simply a tool for them to use and abuse.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • retadred retadred x 2
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. hoothoot Arcane Patron

hoothoot
    Bg3 more like bad game 3 hahahaha

• Funny x 5
    • Participation Award x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • How about this as a button x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • retadred x 1
    • Excited! x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Hóngwèibīng Arcane Vatnik

Hóngwèibīng
    It's to be expected that more and more games will require it as time passes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • decline decline x 1
    • cuck cuck x 1
    • Nuke it from orbit Nuke it from orbit x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. kangaxx Educated

kangaxx
    I have my own reservations about BG3, but we don't know the plot, story etc. yet do we? In view of that I don't get how you can make this statement.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Readher Learned

Readher
    Windows 7 is not spported anymore and Windows 8.1 market share is insignificant. It's much better to target W10 from the get go which allows you to use current and future W10 exclusive DX12 libraries.

• Yes Yes x 2
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Ontopoly Magister

Ontopoly
    larian and swen.

The tag was only given to me by a corrupt mod. It has nothing to do with me and is not indicative of anything. Nobody likes the person who tries to dismiss what someone is saying based off of a tag that was given as a joke. Don't be that guy.

• Brofist x 2
    • butthurt x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • STOP! posting x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • retadred x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. onemananadhisdroid Augur

onemananadhisdroid

The 1050 ti releases can run it on Full-HD with everything set to medium at ~35-40fps minimum for an average of about 40-45 fps at stock clocks. As said, those are borderline Flight Simulator 2020 requirements Larian are currently listing. Technically, this is gonna be a 2021 game anyway. By that time an entire new generation of GPUs will be out. But they've been arguing that optimization is still a big thing -- this big in fact that it may delay the release yet another time.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Jimmious Arcane Patron

Jimmious
    Both awesome

• Brofist x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • meh x 1
    • retadred x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    But Win 10 isn't the best thing in the world and "upgrading" to it will break who knows how many compatibilities with old games.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Ontopoly Magister

Ontopoly
    If that's what you're into, then you're a lost cause.

Plot and story isn't everything. We know plenty. If you looked at the game you would immediately recognize it as a larian product. Things they copied from dos2 over BG: 3d vs isometric. 4 vs 6 player party. origin characters are in. turn based. fire pools on the ground. and so many more. It's very easy for me to make the statement because it is written all over the game.

and based off of larians past we can make plenty more predictions about the game.

• retadred retadred x 2
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Okily Dokily! Okily Dokily! x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Longes Educated

Longes
    What do you mean? Baldur's Gate 3 showed about three-four hours of gameplay across their various streams. That's commendable and way, way more than most games do these days.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • cuck cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. kangaxx Educated

kangaxx
    Typical binary thinking. You assume I think plot and story are everything, and conversely you treat them as if they're nothing.

You're pissed off about the gameplay system design choices, which is fine. But you can't say "it has nothing to do with BG" when you know pretty much nothing about the story.

^ Top  
  24. Sweeper Magister Zionist Agent

Sweeper
    I do.
    Only if you're retarded.

• nice nice x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • Okily Dokily! Okily Dokily! x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Ontopoly Magister

Ontopoly
    It has nothing to do with the bg series*

*Barring any potential empty story references or cheap character re-emergences thrown in as an after thought, the game takes place many many years in the future. It's easy to connect things afterwards with a couple of words thrown in as an after thought, they would only be significant if parts of the games were built with these things in mind and were influenced by them.

• retadred retadred x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.