Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just joined a new party member!

BD8C16838C5C9455E8C4B4AB3680BC015CA28408
Dude, how do you make this allah akbar animation where you beahead them? I've seen someone do it with Laezel as well.
I don't think you can randomly trigger them. There's a quest to hunt her and bring her head, so if you kill her after you get the quest you get this option (no idea if before).

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm oftentimes just leaving my party behind, and exploring hard to navigate areas with my main. Having all four party members in some places would probably be rage inducing.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Anyone else has a problem with the initial loading time getting longer and longer? Not saves, the first load of the game.

I have a new rig, so it can't be a hardware problem.
I havem't recorded it, but I think it's constant.
Come to think of it, this may be related to the number of savegames you have.

I'm oftentimes just leaving my party behind, and exploring hard to navigate areas with my main. Having all four party members in some places would probably be rage inducing.
Even if you ungroup them (G key)?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anyone else has a problem with the initial loading time getting longer and longer? Not saves, the first load of the game.

I have a new rig, so it can't be a hardware problem.
I havem't recorded it, but I think it's constant.
Come to think of it, this may be related to the number of savegames you have.

Even if you ungroup them (G key)?
Sometimes, it is just quicker to gto in, do what you came to do, and leave (stealing, picking up stuff from containers).

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I have a theory. Most of you are sucking up to all your party members, and then complain that you've progressed the romances too fast. Here is the infamous Gale invitation for magic tricks moment:

5hkneZm.jpg

You only have yourselves to blame :)

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I just finished the intermission after act 2 and the story really took a nosedive. The entire thing reminds me of cyberpunk. If you play a character that just wants to get rid of the tadpole you're basically fucked. I hate these oppressive stories where nothing you do matters and you never make any progress. If they removed this fucking tadpole after act 2 and refocused the story on the new villains it would have felt much better. Also you create your hot guardian and then it turns out he is a fucking guy all along. Absolute faggotry.
This is a fair criticism.

For all the reactivity, the actual main story seems pretty set in stone. All the quests to remove the tadpole are doomed to fail because of the story. All the guardian interactions are meaningless since zhe isn't really who she says zhe is.

Everything else can change because it's inconsequential to the plot.

Overall, it's a Biowarian story in structure and not a very well-designed one. At least BG1&2's goals revolved around going to point A or B, not accomplishing things that cannot be accomplished until the story reaches a preset stage.

This couldn't even be fixed with a non-linear story, since giving the player freedom to fail in a goal repeatedly and in any order isn't really freedom at all.

Also, now that I'm near the end of Act 2, which felt much shorter than Act 1 due to less NPCs (probably because I'm on the evil route), I think that the game would feel very empty without the party members, who were about 30% to 40% of my story content in this act. Not necessarily the best of ideas, when you give the player the freedom to kill all of them at the start. Priorities should have been shifted. I suspect that the origin stories are somewhat to blame here. Each origin needed a lot of work and that content gets used in the singleplayer game. There's still a staggering amount of content, but I doubt a Dark Urge playthrough will be as fun because of this.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Companions i have met are just the same. They are all some shade of evil with heart of gold that were just misunderstood. The least evil one is the magic druggie. They are all boring.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Using a rogue to scout ahead is almost mandatory in any heavily trapped area.

EvilWolf

Learned
Seriously it's an honor for the old BG games to be even in the same gaming franchise as BG3.

It's a MASSIVE commercial and critical success, the only question that remains this year; will BG3 win GOTY?

I think it will win.
We have a lot of funny roleplays and banter here on Codex, but you are pushing the boundries of acceptable shitposting here, chum.
We'll talk again when BG3 wins GOTY chum.

Edit: and like I said the new reality that BG3 is now the new golden standard is hard for the boomers to accept, especially if they're culture warrior tards. But this is the new reality.
Releasing the first part of a game, previously known in the industry as a "demo" at 75% full game price and letting the userbase pay YOU for the PRIVILEGE to QA test your game for 3 years and building your game around their feedback is the new norm everybody. How will the industry ever recover... :smug:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Also lol not having a full party in the camp system is retarded. You have to ditch people in the camp so you could pick others to equip them some garbo gear.

You can behead the drow guy in the forge. You don't see the actual beheading but you do see his lifeless head like in the pic above. There's a STR check for the beheading act itself; I would've thrown a Medicine one for it as well, but whatever.

Reinhardt

Arcane
You can behead the drow guy in the forge. You don't see the actual beheading but you do see his lifeless head like in the pic above. There's a STR check for the beheading act itself; I would've thrown a Medicine one for it as well, but whatever.
misspelled "animal handling"

AwesomeButton

Patron
Releasing the first part of a game, previously known in the industry as a "demo" at 75% full game price and letting the userbase pay YOU for the PRIVILEGE to QA test your game for 3 years and building your game around their feedback is the new norm everybody.
As a kid, didn't you wish you could playtest games, or have envy for the mythical people at Bioware who already had access to the coolest game of all time - Baldur's Gate 2? Well, now you don't have to wait anymore.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
The men are gay if you hit on them. Just don't make your character imagine himself tasting Gale's lips while he can read your mind. If it's hard to tell, that does sound a little gay.
Think the problem is game seems to think being nice= interested in someone.

I recruited gale late, never did his quests and never used him, yet still somehow got ”the hint”.
So despite mostly ignoring him, still got a romantic stargazing scene with him…
Me: oh fu oh fu no what did i do oh ffs
….where he explained he was lover of a goddess.
Me: oh thank goodness, phew, i was seeing way too much into this and overreacted.
10 mins later: “You have been a good friend….And perhaps something more ;)
Goddamnit! Why is my charisma 8 dude so irresistibly sexy?

Same deal with bear druid, made the mistake of offering him a drink at the grove after party and that apparently has marked my pc as being interested ever since.

Accurate depiction of my pc trying to avoid inciting carnal lust in my followers:

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
And if the red barbarian waifu is there as you fail the STR check she makes comments on what a sloppy beheading it is.

Gradenmayer

Learned
Companions i have met are just the same. They are all some shade of evil with heart of gold that were just misunderstood. The least evil one is the magic druggie. They are all boring.
Huh? Most of them are just good and the others are just evil. Where did you find evil with the heart of gold?

Good guys: Gale, Halsin, Karlach, Wyll (all 4 will leave if you are enough of a cunt)
Neutral: Shadowheart
Evil: Lae’Zel, Astarion, Minthara

Reinhardt

Arcane

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Huh? Most of them are just good and the others are just evil. Where did you find evil with the heart of gold?

Good guys: Gale, Halsin, Karlach, Wyll (all 4 will leave if you are enough of a cunt)
Neutral: Shadowheart
Evil: Lae’Zel, Astarion, Minthara
And with Shadowheart, as her quest develop it looks like you can reconstitute her as more "good coded", or confirm her as evil.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom