Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
To be honest with you, the more I play, the gay shit is the least of the problems the writing has, trying to engage Marvel and Critical Role on "Who is the coolest?" contest is far the worst. At least the most offensive gay shit is avoidable for the most part but boy, game, tone down a little.

I'm walking on the middle of the road, then out of nowhere a devil teleports me, do a "cool" fourth wall break villain monologue cleary intended for the player that feels like a disjointed "cool" piece then when I say no to his proposal, I come back to killing globins. I was there confused, sure, the voice acting and animations were top notched for a cRPG standard but it felt confusing as hell.

Welcome to the D&D Concept of "Encounter".

Orion

Cipher
You're watching women who managed to make millions by not even whoring themselves, but whoring a virtual avatar. It's as if you were able to become rich by having your character in BG3 fuck the frog and Gale and whatever else you fucked by this point. They're probably in top 0,001% females in terms of IQ, and well suited to playing RPGs. If you managed to create a fake character that was able to make 5 million dollars from retarded simps irl, then you can make a fake character that will be able to kill some fake monsters in a video game.

That's assuming they're even actually women, I'd bet a lot of these vtubers are actually trannies or dudes with voice changers.
The vtubers currently playing BG3 on Twitch are mostly in the ~100 viewers range. They aren't making millions.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Also, never ever read Prism Pentad.
The first two novels of the Prism Pentad are decent, for D&D/AD&D literature, and reflect the contents of the first two Dark Sun adventure modules DS1 Freedom and DSQ1 Road to Urik, both written by David Zeb Cook. The remainder were disastrous for the setting, but it should be noted that the revised Dark Sun campaign setting box set, released in 1995, incorporated the events of those novels, as well as various other novels and adventure modules, into the setting as official canon; of course, I recommend ignoring that one, in favor of the original 1991 Dark Sun box set.

prism1.jpg
prism2.jpg

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
Ok, so Wyll is quite bugged, as it appears. Likely Wyll and Karlach were the two companions rushed towards the end as Grunker said, and it shows.

1. I killed Karlach. Wyll was in my party then. He commented that he doesn't feel particularly better after that.
2. My third long rest was after I solved the halflings' problem, so it was the celebration. I looked for Wyll but he was nowhere to be found.
3. I went to camp deliberately once more. This time Wyll is there. I talk to him and he comments on Waukeen's Rest's affairs. Never once does he mention Karlach.
4. I move on to the Mountain pass. The game warns me to tie loose ends (I wonder what for, since I can return to the map). BTW the game also warns you that you are underleveled if you are not at least lvl 5 when you try to go to the Mountain pass.

5. Upon going to the mountain pass, I am first transferred to the camp, it's night, and a cutscene starts where Wyll's patron devil shows up and starts punishing Wyll for not havig killed Karlach, who is actually dead.
didn't they had him remade ? I bet it was hell to reanimate , redo voice acting and all that shit because they decide to rewrite the fella

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
That option is for storing more textures on VRAM instead of storage if I remember right. Don't think it's going to have much impact one way or another, unless you're actually on HDD, and it might affect performance negatively if you're on 6 GB or less of VRAM.

And if you're on a HDD and a 1660, upgrade your system.
What would be the point of upgrading?
woxsE2q.png

This is how it looks like on Vulcan. And that is far better than BG2.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's like Baldurs Gate 1.
That's true, however, it does have a city/town before BG. In BG3 there is nothing, unless I missed something in the Underdark since I never went there.

But even if it was a thing in BG1, it feels wasted. I would have loved to start in the city as a level 1 rogue character.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
You're watching women who managed to make millions by not even whoring themselves, but whoring a virtual avatar. It's as if you were able to become rich by having your character in BG3 fuck the frog and Gale and whatever else you fucked by this point. They're probably in top 0,001% females in terms of IQ, and well suited to playing RPGs. If you managed to create a fake character that was able to make 5 million dollars from retarded simps irl, then you can make a fake character that will be able to kill some fake monsters in a video game.

That's assuming they're even actually women, I'd bet a lot of these vtubers are actually trannies or dudes with voice changers.
The vtubers currently playing BG3 on Twitch are mostly in the ~100 viewers range. They aren't making millions.
Egirl has 14000+ viewers. Random male has 8.500+ viewers. So there are viewers. Some players have <30 viewers, probably theirs normal viewers are playing BG3 and don't want spoilers.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
That's true, however, it does have a city/town before BG. In BG3 there is nothing, unless I missed something in the Underdark since I never went there.

But even if it was a thing in BG1, it feels wasted. I would have loved to start in the city as a level 1 rogue character.
Caught by guard. Or heavily punished by thief guild of BG. I'm not sure if that would be interesting play.

Twitch numbers are absolutely skewed in a way that even a person with 30 viewers is still within the top watched streamer range, so I don't think it's that good of an evidence

OttoQuitmarck

Educated

The grove? Zhentarim hideout? And the mycanid colony in the underdark? Grymforge? There's plenty "towns" they're just not designed in a traditional way.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If I'm a content fag, in which order should I do stuff?

I'm at the Defiled Temple. Killed what people say could have been a future companion... I think?

Mountain Pass, then Underdark? Or vice versa?

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Egirl has 14000+ viewers. Random male has 8.500+ viewers. So there are viewers. Some players have <30 viewers, probably theirs normal viewers are playing BG3 and don't want spoilers.
Yeah that's it. Couldn't possibly have anything to do with people not giving a shit about this game. You people really thought this thing was going to be the biggest RPG of the year, beating Starfield, D4, Zelda and the like.
BUx4.gif

Mortmal

Arcane

I'm at the Defiled Temple. Killed what people say could have been a future companion... I think?

Underdark is easier for most of it , then the monastery in moutain pass, does not use the lift to act 2 in underdark till you have done everything.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I haven't left Act I, yet. But I feel the Underdark has a lot more to offer. Much like in BG II, when you're offered to go through the Sahuagin City, do it. Go the long way. You have more stuff to overcome and earn.

That is one of the small 'member-berries they serve you with. Subtle, but there.

Apropos (so I don't double post) I feel they use a lot of the good stuff you had in other D&D RPGs, to build their own, but they capture the essence of that experience. Not just copy it. Like, you know, how... sometimes... it feels like the people that make RPGs 1. don't play RPGs and 2. don't play their own game?
BG III is exactly the opposite. It feels like the people that made this game (AS FAR AS EXPLORATION GOES, AND NOT BEAR SEX ehl oh ehl) actually like to play RPGs and have played their own game.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
The mindflayer transformation scene near the end of Act 2 that can happen was unexpected, but pretty cool at the same time.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In

Minthara can be one, yes. But the evil path loses you out on good NPCs. Neutrality is an option, though I think it still loses you Halsin.
Both. Go to the Underdark, complete everything you can, and then go back and journey through the western pass.

Going to the last part of the Underdark, btw, does not progress the story. However, there is a one-day time limit to complete a certain quest there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom