Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

N'wah

Novice
I find it a bit strange that I have no need for a wizard in my party.

Just my impression or full arcane casters are less essential here?
This is what I feel, although I'm only on act 2 so far. Concentration being a thing means you're pretty much limited to maintaining Haste as it's far and way better than anything else, but potions of speed are plentiful and 3 turns are all you need with 3 hasted martials. Wizards especially have a raw deal right now - a headband of Intellect and 1 Wizard dip on a full caster gives you most of the utility a Wizard can offer. Enemies rarely seem to clump together in my experience making AoE spells less effective unless you clump them up before a fight with minor illusion. Metamagic is very strong and I'm sure Sorcerer will have some of the best damage in the game but meh, I like tabletop Wizards for the save or suck/die spells but there seems to be nothing on the power of say sleep in BG1 or Grease in Pathfinder Kingmaker.

Latro

Arcane
Btw. while I really like the game overall, and I think some locations even managed to capture the BG2 feel and magic (Hag quest for example, really damn good) I think the whole "new level of reactivity and C&C blahblahblah" thing that Larian fans promised, was blown out of proportion. So far it doesn't seem any more reactive than games like DA:O, and choices are mostly fake and lead to the same outcomes. Not to mention the devs clearly were expecting you would follow locations in certain order, and doing it differently makes a lot of
wttlaIq.png

Can we also take a moment to praise all this inclusivity Codexbros? This is the soul and heart of RPGs, like, OF COURSE :love::love::love::love::love:
Yasss kween rpg codex 2023 goty

Self-Ejected
Well i am glad they lose control then so Greenwood could envision its setting as he wanted. And once again i am nit wrong FR is as i said now back to your cope.

This is what we call denial folks. A woman is delusional since she made the idiotic claim that D&D had always had perversion in it. When confronted with actual proof that it was impossible for it to be there she still clings to her delusion.

Ed doesn't have control you moron. Wizards does. I swear you have a defective brain pan.
I am not the one living alone in a chair insulting women because i lack pussy and yelling and crying in a thread of a game i am not interested about.

I dislike Diablo do you see me in that thread? No.

You are here just to do virtue signaling and i am done with you stay maiden less and hate the world i will enjoy bg3.

Latro

Arcane
Well i am glad they lose control then so Greenwood could envision its setting as he wanted. And once again i am nit wrong FR is as i said now back to your cope.

This is what we call denial folks. A woman is delusional since she made the idiotic claim that D&D had always had perversion in it. When confronted with actual proof that it was impossible for it to be there she still clings to her delusion.

Ed doesn't have control you moron. Wizards does. I swear you have a defective brain pan.
I am not the one living alone in a chair insulting women because i lack pussy and yelling and crying in a thread of a game i am not interested about.

You are here just to do virtue signaling and i am done with you stay maiden less and hate the world i will enjoy bg3.
It’s an incel game though. This game basically presupposes all women are giga whores waiting to pursue an open relationship. Stupid chuds!

MerchantKing

Learned
Funny thing. You talk to Jaheira, pass a charisma check and tell her nothing about the McGuffin. Then you talk to her later and she mentions the McGuffin as if you told her everything all along.

Self-Ejected

It’s an incel game though. This game basically presupposes all women are giga whores waiting to pursue an open relationship. Stupid chuds!
Poli amourous people exist. Also exist people that love sex nothing new.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

This is what we call a strawman and invalid comparison logical fallacies. Let me teach you how they are done.

This woman, stating a fact, presents the argument that I live alone and in a chair not on a chair, but in a chair. Not a house, but in a chair. I insult a woman all because I don't have a vagina. I'm also crying about a game that I have no interest in. It's a strawman because I stated a fact, I don't desire to have a vagina like her and love being a man. I truly love women. I just dislike lying moronic ones like her. I'm also not crying about a degenerate piece of shit game. She can enjoy that game all she likes. I am free to express my opinion. She doesn't like me expressing my opinion which is why she lies.

Invalid comparison logical fallacy. This has nothing to do with Diablo or what you would do. We're talking about me and I don't give a fuck if you think I don't belong here. Put me on ignore you stupid woman. That's what it is there for if you can't handle the truth.

The final line is another strawman. She claims I'm virtue signaling. The obvious question is to whom? Nobody. I'm expressing my opinion. The next part is her admitting defeat while misspelling a common word. She then claims that I hate the world. I don't. I love the world and its beauty.

Bye Mebs I <3 you.

Latro

Arcane

Poli amourous people exist. Also exist people that love sex nothing new.
That’s incel talk

Lemming42

Arcane
wttlaIq.png

Can we also take a moment to praise all this inclusivity Codexbros? This is the soul and heart of RPGs, like, OF COURSE :love::love::love::love::love:
Why do they say "queer" so much when they mean "same-sex couples" or "gender nonconformity", both of which are far less offensive and far more descriptive terms. The word "queer" is like nails down a damn chalkboard, and I'm saying that as someone who likes the occasional cock. Auueuggh it's horrible. Seems to mainly be relegated to America, at least, people here still know that they'll get their teeth knocked out if they call you a "queer" to your face.

Anyway all the ostensible representation of gender nonconformity is sabotaged by the preset faces. You can't make a proper twink man or a proper butch woman, at best you can make a fugly crossdresser who looks like Robert Smith's roided-up body double or a "butch" who looks more like Sinead O'Connor drawn from memory by someone with advanced dementia, who also can't draw for shit. No offence to the actors who provided the preset faces, but they're the worst-looking people who have ever existed on planet Earth, the men far moreso than the women (sorry, I mean the Body Type As far moreso than the Body Type Bs).

If you try to make a twink man of your own, you'll look like a wrestler in drag, especially next to Astarion. The only solution would be to give Astarion a stake through the heart ASAP and then wear a full-face helmet for the rest of the game. Could represent a great roleplaying challenge, especially if you get arrested and your equipment is confiscated, so your mannish-ass face is on full display. Gives more of an incentive than ever to get your gear back before anyone sees.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
wttlaIq.png

Why do they say "queer" so much when they mean "same-sex couples" or "gender nonconformity", both of which are far less offensive and far more descriptive terms. The word "queer" is like nails down a damn chalkboard, and I'm saying that as someone who likes the occasional cock. Auueuggh it's horrible. Seems to mainly be relegated to America, at least, people here still know that they'll get their teeth knocked out if they call you a "queer" to your face.

Anyway all the ostensible representation of gender nonconformity is sabotaged by the preset faces. You can't make a proper twink man or a proper butch woman, at best you can make a fugly crossdresser who looks like Robert Smith's roided-up body double or a "butch" who looks more like Sinead O'Connor drawn from memory by someone with advanced dementia, who also can't draw for shit. No offence to the actors who provided the preset faces, but they're the worst-looking people who have ever existed on planet Earth, the men far moreso than the women (sorry, I mean the Body Type As far moreso than the Body Type Bs).

If you try to make a twink man of your own, you'll look like a wrestler in drag, especially next to Astarion. The only solution would be to give Astarion a stake through the heart ASAP and then wear a full-face helmet for the rest of the game. Could represent a great roleplaying challenge, especially if you get arrested and your equipment is confiscated, so your mannish-ass face is on full display. Gives more of an incentive than ever to get your gear back before anyone sees.

"Queer" is now a jargon term in "activist" academic garbage.

Orion

Cipher
This is just the hermeneutic of gay suspicion applied to video games.
The Hermeneutic of Gay Suspicion interprets normal, natural, and salutary male bonding, of the sort that a gay man would indeed fantasize about, as gay because of that fact. It is peculiar form of oppression: Because gays, being improperly socialized, see all male socialization through an erotic, indeed sexual, lens, all the world is forced to look at male socialization the same way. This, even though gays are a tiny and deservedly maligned minority.
It's a sad state of affairs but it's the state of the western world and it seems pointless to use BG3 to complain about it.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
As a matter of fact, this is a fantastic game and way more in the spirit of Forgotten Realms than the old, good Christian BioWare titles.
The game's content is more loyal, in fact, to the Greenwood vision of the original setting, which is absolutely incline.
The Forgotten Realms is the worst of all the D&D/AD&D campaign settings, being the most generic D&D/AD&D setting possible, aside from the presence of Ed Greenwood's fetishes, which were largely (though not entirely) concealed in the AD&D 1st/2nd edition version of the setting. It was employed by TSR as a replacement for the Greyhawk setting as the standard, default AD&D campaign setting following the ouster of Gary Gygax in October 1985.

Generica-Map.jpg

Quick question, how necessary is a thief for exploration?
Shadowheart can substitute for a thief.

Level 5 is a game changer for my monk. He now has three attacks.
All character classes seem to experience a massive increase in combat power at level 5, which must be an intentional design decision made by "D&D 5th edition". From the beginning of D&D, a 5th level magic-user experienced a substantial increase in power from fireball and other 3rd-level spells but could only cast one a day, and this power increase was not replicated in the other classes. In BG3, however, Gale upon reaching 5th level gained two 3rd-level spell slots, and his arcane recovery ability could be used to restore one of those, for three 3rd-level spells per long rest. Moreover, the haste spell is made all the more valuable since paladins, barbarians, fighters, etc. all obtain an extra attack per round upon reaching 5th level, making a hasted 5th-level warrior-type into a killing machine. Even clerics obtain the 3rd-level Guardian Spirit spell, which creates a ring of damage around the cleric that hits enemies each round.

Last edited:

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
So all it took for CRPG to be popular is Triple A production values. In the end, all that matter is looking pretty to general public. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom