Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

interactables can't be clicked on, etc.
I bet this is mostly related to your camera issues.

I'm not sure if you people noticed, but in this game having the "obstacle in front of your view become transparent" is not enough to interact with what's behind it. You have to view the scene from an angle where the obstacle (or wall or what else) is NOT there, because otherwise you can't click on the items in front of you. You are clicking on the invisible obstacle instead.

And yeah, it's stupid and I'm not sure why they never fixed it, but it's been this way for ages.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I love tracking reception on this game as the hype dies down

Day 1: is this the greatest rpg…ever???
Day 2: you can skip all the gay crap and the combat is great!
Day 3: oh…they just front loaded act 1
Day 4: oh. The writing sucks ass and what they did with the bg2 characters is almost insulting. Easy game to break too…the reactivity was illusionary second time around…

Day 60: meh
Man, the youtube grifters are farming this non stop, even before release, turning it into a meme, I bet half the sales of this game was because of that controversy about the twitter developers whining about BG3 and the heavy duty viewer farming, 2 mins of youtube and you read: "BG 3 will save the industry", "They are afraid of BG 3" and the "Controversial bear sex on BG 3" thumbnails of them copy pasting each other, the bear sex thing became viral.

Of course, as always, nobody cares in talking about gameplay. I bet most normies didnt even knew the kind of game they were buying.

They literally bought it because a) Youtube grifters, b) Bear sex going viral and c)the graphix look nice enough. So people expecting more AAA TB RPGs in the future with incline gameplay should curb their enthusiasm a little.

Elthosian

Arcane
Just spotted this on the Larian forum, by the way:

Thread title: I'M DONE.
As the subject says: I'm fucking done with this game. I've been playing RPGs (and, for that matter, D&D) for nearly thirty years, and I was *so* excited for this to come out. Hell, I even purchased it pretty early in EA just because I wanted to see what Larian would do with it. I didn't play *much* of it, then, because there were some major bugs and technical shortcomings that ruined the experience for me--but that's fine: it was in early access; I knew to expect ample flaws, unbalanced encounters, and so forth.

I was MAD psyched for the full version to release--and for the first fifteen hours or so, I absolutely loved it. Until I began to realize how fucking horrible the combat was.

I love the story. I love the characters. I love everything about this game *but* the combat, and it utterly ruins the experience because even though I try to avoid combat as much as possible, apparently a pacifist/stealth run simply isn't possible--which I find hilarious since Larian has been bragging about the "endless" potential ways of playing. Bullshit.

The "Balanced" difficulty is INCREDIBLY UNbalanced. I have a level 5, well-balanced party, and I still get my shit kicked in 9 out of 10 times. I'm really experienced in turn-based RPGs, and have been known to take waaaaaaaaaaay too much time planning multiple moves ahead as if I'm playing chess. But no matter what I do, no matter what character I use or how heavily kitted-out they are, I get party wiped because every goddamned enemy even *one* level higher than my party one-shots any of them. I'm mainly thinking of those fucking gnolls and githyanki.

So I dropped the difficulty to the lowest setting and guess what? Same results. Literally, same results. My attacks do 2 damage, the enemy's does 10. Oh, and they each have *three* fucking attacks per turn to my *1*. What the hell? I don't know if it's because of this "karmic dice" horseshit (turning it off doesn't seem to make any difference) or something I'm not getting, but I just don't care enough to find out.

I'm out. I will never purchase another Larian title again.

I know people these days love to call this being patronizing, condescending, "a gatekeeper elitist" and so on, but honestly... What kind of mentally impaired or dimwit do you need to be, to have your ass regularly kicked when playing on Easy mode in these games?

Aside from the first battle in the Nautiloid, I've only come across three situations where fighting was completely unavoidable, and in a few of these it was pretty easy to make combat trivial by stealing the enemy's weapons beforehand. Seems to me that the guy's only neuron is incapable of looking for alternate routes or strategies.

Frozen

Arcane

Day 4: oh. The writing sucks ass and what they did with the bg2 characters is almost insulting. Easy game to break too…the reactivity was illusionary second time around…

What did you expect. People who like this game probably watched that Barbie movie.

No wonder they want to larp as lizards and jerk off to bestiality.

OMG I CAN EXPLORE, GROUNDBRAKING MECHANICS!

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Just shove your enemies off a cliff.

Like half the fights in the game have some kind of verticality.

It's barrelmancy but it actually make sense.

Elthosian

Arcane
Just shove your enemies off a cliff.

Like half the fights in the game have some kind of verticality.

It's barrelmancy but it actually make sense.
But then they'll complain about not being able to get the sweet loot (17 gold and a dagger).

Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik

This poor bitch here is butthurt cuz no money to buy a PC capable to run BG 3. That's why he needs to cope and tell himself every day that Balders is a bad game. Sad.

But damn! Even SDG cleaning shitty toilets and living in a cheap trailer full of cockroaches could afford to, at least, buy a retarded console to run away from his problems and slowly kill himself in peace. But Latrine can't even afford Sony.

Crazy. So sad.

Frozen

Arcane
Why do you need to buy a new PC for a game that looks like every other Larian game? No facial animations, childish graphics, turn based games are now available on mobile phones...with better graphics.

Self-Ejected
Why do you need to buy a new PC for a game that looks like every other Larian game? No facial animations, childish graphics, turn based games are now available on mobile phones...with better graphics.
I dont think we are playing the same game pal.
Screenshot_2023-08-10_074924.png

MerchantKing

Learned
Self-Ejected
Cool wine aunt.

2023-08-10-2234-1.png

Still in Act 1. Is she fuckable?
That i dont know but she is amazing to have in the party. I like how they evolved the character is way more mature but is still Jaheira the writers did an amazing job.
She matured quite well acknowledging that her time had passed centuries ago as she icestorms herself to death in the middle of battle.
Ahahahahah happened to me as well quite hilarious.

Frozen

Arcane

You subhumans from BioWare forums should be permanently banned as soon as you infest this thread.

Self-Ejected

You subhumans from BioWare forums should be permanently banned as soon as you infest this thread.
Sir calm down. If you don't like the game why you are even in this thread? Do something more constructive with your time. Walk outside take a breath of fresh air.

Self-Ejected
Do something more constructive with your time. Walk outside take a breath of fresh air.
You've been back less than 24 hours and have almost 100 posts
A new record honestly but i decided to stick to gaming thread and avoid the feedback channel for sanity of mind.
I wonder when a core 5th ed mod will release i miss "Ready" and "Dodge"

Frozen

Arcane

Sir calm down. If you don't like the game why you are even in this thread? Do something more constructive with your time. Walk outside take a breath of fresh air.

I'm here to annoy you BioWare forums faggots.

Your lack of taste, intelligence, and degenerate existence overall.

Self-Ejected

I'm here to annoy you BioWare forums faggots.

Your lack of taste, intelligence, and degenerate existence overall.
That actually prove my point of the agenda some posters have thank you.

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
BG3 is very good looking at times, but at other times I keep thinking just what a marginal improvement this is over say, Witcher 3 (2015).

Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik
BG3 is very good-looking at times, but at other times I keep thinking just what a marginal improvement this is over say, Witcher 3 (2015).

Balder's in a display with true and professional HDR (QD-OLED or MiniLED) is simply gorgeous. And since I got the new ICC from Rtings, I'm having a blast with the game.

Yet, poor fags still in their TN and VA panels dare to say the game is ugly. Sheesh.

Sad.

Elthosian

Arcane
BG3 is very good looking at times, but at other times I keep thinking just what a marginal improvement this is over say, Witcher 3 (2015).

I often think they invested more than necessary on pleasing the graphicswhores.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom