Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You guys are feeding it. The thread was fine without the abomination came back. Don't give it attention. It is rolling 20's on its deception checks.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Even the normalfags are disgusted with the amount of faggotry in this game. They've gone too far for pretty much everyone except reddit and degenerate faggots like yourself.
View attachment 39891
Sorry i enjoy life and enjoy sex. Makes me a slut? Maybe. But at least i am not home eating my own liver in envy and raging on a forum.
I play the game i have fun and even respecting your point of view why should i care to listen to your ravings?
You clearly dislike the game ok. Then why you are in this thread repeating the same things over and over again?
Actually I like the game a lot, I just don't like the companions or the constant faggotry. They even had some dialogue to make sure you know that two random deep gnomes are gay married. wtf.

Lemming42

Arcane
Finding Act 3 a bit of a slog thus far, but again, very hard to tell if that's because it's actually worse than the previous two acts or just because I burned out from playing for nearly four days straight.

Still looking for this damn clown's body parts to give to the drag queen. Where could they be? I better get a good reward for this.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Imagine not having these retards on ignore, lol. Jesus Christ, chatting with rabble like Edgy Gamer, Fat Dixon, Soyrin…

Oof.

Anyway, I legit can't believe people aren't playing on Tactician. Missing out a ton.

You sound butthurt.

I recommend you use the following:

Dr+trumps+butthurt+salve+and+cream+for+those+angry+upset_a6a7dc_6152290.jpg

Self-Ejected
Finding Act 3 a bit of a slog thus far, but again, very hard to tell if that's because it's actually worse than the previous two acts or just because I burned out from playing for nearly four days straight.

Still looking for this damn clown's body parts to give to the drag queen. Where could they be? I better get a good reward for this.
Act 3 is loooong i advise take a pause if you felt burned out. Is also very intricate and you will se more you go forward.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Even if you go by the figure of 7.1% of people being gay or bi (which is almost certainly high), the chances of all 4 romanceable characters of the same gender as the PC being gay or bi are about .0025%.

And that is if we are assuming that in whatever universe your playthrough takes place in the characters of the opposite gender are either straight or bi.

If we go off of all 8 romanceable characters actually being bisexual it is drastically more unlikely by many orders of magnitude.

No real point to this post. I just felt like doing the math and wanted to present it as food for thought.
But those are rookie numbers. The great midwit mass of the rising generation wants to get them up. Way up.

The idea is that de-generacy is a more humane means of population control than the traditional Four Horsemen

which made a lot of sense to the very smart people who made our world in the aftermath of WWII, so they took a variety of steps to normalize de-generacy and to queer the traditional morality based on generacy that fed their ravenous maw.

The cracks in that foundation started showing around the time the Xers were stuck with the first results of it (it wasn't even that ghey yet, just divorcey) which is the energy early Metallica tapped into. The principal problem with de-generacy is that Mother Nature is a total newb at it while she has millennia of practice with sexual reproduction and letting the Horsemen keep things from getting too, er, cancerous. Those same very smart people recognizing now the limitations of their experiment have turned their eyes to the stars (or at least the the Asteroids, Mars, and LEO). There's also the problem of making transgression the norm confusing the fuck out of literally everyone.

The hangover from that is that we've got millions who overpaid to be educated in the de-generacy plan still running around trying to queer everything and desperate for the status that education was supposed to confer them with to be validated. So they buy a lot of shit that does.

To return to the topic at hand that's why they felt compelled to *include* all the de-generacy stuff both for marketing purposes and on principle for many of the employees (according to the principles they paid handsomely to be taught) but also why the wiser heads are now dialing some of it back and re-injecting some sexual polarity.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected
You guys are feeding it. The thread was fine without the abomination came back. Don't give it attention. It is rolling 20's on its deception checks.
Cope pal.

Anyways the thing that i found not right is when a certain comoanion invites you to drink that is poorly executed and could lead someone to get an unwanted romance.

N'wah

Novice
I think the problem is less the characters being bi and more that you can't have any sort of platonic relationship with them. Either you're having sex or you're just cold business partners. This isn't a problem in any other romance RPG but it's a huge problem here, and makes the companions feel really bland.
Yeah, my character's friendship with both Lae'zel and Karlach seems to be dead in the water even though they're both regulars in my party. Get back from an adventure and Karlach has nothing to say other than the same comment about her engine she's been saying since day one, and Lae'zel basically tells me to get lost. Basically does feel like having glorified hirelings.

I seem to remember this being a thing in Mass Effect as well, in that if you didn't pick the flirt option with someone, the conversation would suddenly dry up and they'd never have anything much to say to you after that, especially Liara in ME1. But at least it came a little later in the game, and there was some more platonic build-up between the player and the crew, rather than the sudden multi-person ambush of BG3.
Very Bioware in that regard. The short courtship (very short if you know the right dialogue to choose), the resolution of the personal quest and promises of "finding some alone time soon", followed by long stretches of nothing ("Can it wait for a bit? I'm in the middle of some calibrations") and concluded with the customary blow-off sex at the story's climax. I usually do them as they make for an amusing sideshow, but it's puzzling why they're such a selling point.

Shadowheart was telling me that she's never had a confidant "quite like you" before I had even left the Druid grove, and with the exception of the party kiss there has been little of note since - even if I keep checking in every five minutes to see if she has anything new to say.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Haven't read much nor did I play any of the EA. Plan on giving this a go when I build my new rig next week. However, the little I have read says that right now this is more of a "Sexual harassment simulator" with you the player being the target of said harassment. Everyone hits on you / wants to sleep with you constantly anytime you choose a nice dialogue response? True / hyperbole? If so does this game allow you to create your own party like Icewind Dale to avoid this cringe?
It's hyperbole but you have to be cold towards your companions. Don't let them dance with you or or teach you magic. You can hire hirelings. They come with a base class but you can respec them and do whatever you want with them, only problem is you need to do an early quest to unlock it. First tomb you find on the beach unlocks the hireling/respec NPC.
I don't know as even the Larian boards have people complaining about this.

I think Larian actually deleted the threads on their forum where people stated they didn't like the romance stuff or it is too in your face as I can't find them anymore... :lol:

Self-Ejected
Haven't read much nor did I play any of the EA. Plan on giving this a go when I build my new rig next week. However, the little I have read says that right now this is more of a "Sexual harassment simulator" with you the player being the target of said harassment. Everyone hits on you / wants to sleep with you constantly anytime you choose a nice dialogue response? True / hyperbole? If so does this game allow you to create your own party like Icewind Dale to avoid this cringe?
It's hyperbole but you have to be cold towards your companions. Don't let them dance with you or or teach you magic. You can hire hirelings. They come with a base class but you can respec them and do whatever you want with them, only problem is you need to do an early quest to unlock it. First tomb you find on the beach unlocks the hireling/respec NPC.
I don't know as even the Larian boards have people complaining about this.

I think Larian actually deleted the threads on their forum where people stated they didn't like the romance stuff or it is too in your face as I can't find them anymore... :lol:
I think the problem is the approval system takes too little to raise it. As result you could end with many companions hitting you up at once.

Self-Ejected
This one is still up :M
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=876153
"There are real, legitimate points, about poor implementation of romances and companions being to pushy about romance, being borderline rapey and probably bugged... And sex-negative conservatives keep showing up and stinking up the conversation, by making everyone else with a legitimate opinion look bad, and its kind of pissing me the fuck off.

If oyu come onto this thread to complain about women, trans inclusive content, or whatever... stop before you write. Your opinion is not going to be received well, and truth be told... you are making it less likely for this kind of content to be fixed for the rest of us who actually have real opinions instead of an obsessive compulsive need to prove to the world the validity of their politics."

I like this poster in larian forums.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

Who knew that you hated diversity of thought and were actually for the exclusion of a certain group of people based upon their ideology. We have a word that. It's called discrimination.

Imagine if a company dared to turn away the protected class. The outrage would be a vocal minority. Imagine a company that hates their own customers. I don't see Larian lasting for another game.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
"There are real, legitimate points, about poor implementation of romances and companions being to pushy about romance, being borderline rapey and probably bugged... And sex-negative conservatives keep showing up and stinking up the conversation, by making everyone else with a legitimate opinion look bad, and its kind of pissing me the fuck off.

If oyu come onto this thread to complain about women, trans inclusive content, or whatever... stop before you write. Your opinion is not going to be received well, and truth be told... you are making it less likely for this kind of content to be fixed for the rest of us who actually have real opinions instead of an obsessive compulsive need to prove to the world the validity of their politics."

We already established that you are a degenerate faggot multiple times. No need to keep seeking attention. Even if you weren't a homo, women have always famously been sexual deviants so it would still go without saying.

Self-Ejected

We already established that you are a degenerate faggot multiple times. No need to keep seeking attention. Even if you weren't a homo, women have always famously been sexual deviants so it would still go without saying.
My business and you have no place to judge beaside that.
I think there are romance stoppers in the game that are not working properly i rejected Laezel three times.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom