Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
the "possibly" part of his tag is putting in some serious legwork to make anyone who interacts with Cael think he has above room-temperature IQ.
giphy.gif

Ahh, the cries of a noob not realising what those prestigious politics related tags come from.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Diablo in tabletop
How dude? Would appreciate it if you expound on this since I can't grok which part you're referring to as Diablo like or MMO-like
Oh, the timers, the once per combat shit, the attacks into blocks of HP, the palette swap enemies, the lack of non-HP destruction, the same enemies but with tiers (normal, boss, etc.).

Basically everything to do with 4.0 and 5.0 when compared to 3.5. When it first came out, 4.0 was laughed at as being WoW on tabletop. After 3.5, DINO only appealed to the dumb MMO millennial crowd.

Old Hans

Arcane
Level editor would be great. Maybe somebody will make a good game with it. My hopes are low though, seeing the dominating trends on Nexus.
at best you'll get a zillion mods with titles like " My skeleton cave mod" which consists of a 2 rooms connected by a hallway with no working navmeshe and filled with 500 skeletons

Hydro

Educated
I’ve heard a lot about some “very cool” custom campaigns or scenarios or some shit in DOS2, but being unable to overcome the Larianness of the game never cared to find out more. Was it any good?

By the way how’s the coop performed in bg3? Larian twitter cringemasters seem to be dead silent about it. Well at least judging by what shillitroon spams here.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Do they actually add something new in the 'evil playthrough'? Or just slap some cut scenes at the ending and call it a day?

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Or a Divinity: Dragon Commander type game with the Nautiloid. Spelljammer.
Larian clearly had Spelljammer in mind when creating BG3:

bg3spelljammer.png

I said it many times and I will say it again.
Larian should have tried making a wacky Spelljammer game instead of Sword Coast level 1 adventure.
It fits the "Larian tone" better. And the overbloat of "awesome" and "epic" could maybe even turn into a plus.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Or a Divinity: Dragon Commander type game with the Nautiloid. Spelljammer.
Larian clearly had Spelljammer in mind when creating BG3:

bg3spelljammer.png

I said it many times and I will say it again.
Larian should have tried making a wacky Spelljammer game instead of Swor Coast level 1 adventure.
It fits the "Larian tone" better. And the overbloat of "awesome" and "epic" could maybe even turn into a plus.
True. But Spelljammer doesn't sell, "Baldur's Gate" does.

You know what? I'll give em Spelljammer. Go hog wild. Make a degenerate Larian sexweirdo story with all the Psurlon Sex you could want.
But make it a decent simulation of Spelljammer. Give us ship combat, and trading and freaky-ass planets to explore. That would be something new, something bold.

Old Hans

Arcane
I’ve heard a lot about some “very cool” custom campaigns or scenarios or some shit in DOS2, but being unable to overcome the Larianness of the game never cared to find out more. Was it any good?

By the way how’s the coop performed in bg3? Larian twitter cringemasters seem to be dead silent about it. Well at least judging by what shillitroon spams here.
coop works just like dos2. You jump into the game and do whatever you want, even if that means causing no end to grief to your friends by constantly making them slip on oil

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom