Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Yosharian

Arcane
Hmmm

I'm not convinced, I'm seeing nothing about this on Discord and such a big bug would be talked about on there. I would like to see some evidence of this
I mean, you can just start the game and attack your own character with shield in his spell book and see this exact behavior. Though after some further testing it appears that it only works this way when attacking friendlies. Still technically a bug, but I can see why devs aren't eager to fix it.
.....why the fuck would you attack friendlies?

The Bishop

Cipher
Hmmm

I'm not convinced, I'm seeing nothing about this on Discord and such a big bug would be talked about on there. I would like to see some evidence of this
I mean, you can just start the game and attack your own character with shield in his spell book and see this exact behavior. Though after some further testing it appears that it only works this way when attacking friendlies. Still technically a bug, but I can see why devs aren't eager to fix it.
.....why the fuck would you attack friendlies?
To test shit?

Yosharian

Arcane
Ok but like a minute ago you were acting like the game hasn't been patched properly and is broken. And now we find out that the only time Shield misfires is when you attack a friendly? Which is something you would never do? Like there is no reason to do that outside of fucking around.

So apparently no game system bugs were fixed in the new update.
I mean based on what I'm seeing this is a massive exaggeration

The Bishop

Cipher
Ok but like a minute ago you were acting like the game hasn't been patched properly and is broken. And now we find out that the only time Shield misfires is when you attack a friendly? Which is something you would never do? Like there is no reason to do that outside of fucking around.

I wasn't acting like anything. I just downloaded the patch and tested the few things that first came to mind and I had problems with previously. Everything I tested stayed the same. I have no idea whether this makes the game not "patched properly and is broken". All I'm saying is I found no fixes, and there is plenty to fix. If you have better information then please share some examples of systemic bugs being fixed in this current patch.

Yosharian

Arcane

I wasn't acting like anything. I just downloaded the patch and tested the few things that first came to mind and I had problems with previously. Everything I tested stayed the same. I have no idea whether this makes the game not "patched properly and is broken". All I'm saying is I found no fixes, and there is plenty to fix. If you have better information then please share some examples of systemic bugs being fixed in this current patch.
The mod you posted has Shield Bash fix in the banner which has been fixed

So you found a bug with Shield which will basically never come up, and ok maybe Bestow Curse has some issues still.

I guess my point overall is let's not jump to conclusions and say that Larian has sat on their ass and not fixed the game

The Bishop

Cipher
So you found a bug with Shield which will basically never come up, and ok maybe Bestow Curse has some issues still.
And upcasting, and items, and... I don't know why you treating this as some sort of political argument and cherry picking me, but I don't care to argue this.

Shaki

Arbiter
Eternal Life in the same sense LoversLab gives Skyrim eternal life
Now that I think about it, it's kinda funny how LoversLab modders spend a decade working to let your Skyrim char get assraped by bears and vampires, and BG3 just included this in vanilla. Where do they go from here? Do they cook up even more degenerate shit, to one-up Swen? Or do they go "My work here is done", and happily retire?

Hydro

Educated
Level editor would be great. Maybe somebody will make a good game with it. My hopes are low though, seeing the dominating trends on Nexus.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Level editor would be great. Maybe somebody will make a good game with it. My hopes are low though, seeing the dominating trends on Nexus.
Divinity Original Sin 1/2 had a level editor. One was very weak, the other was very broken, but both had it. Very little came out of it.
Then again, those were less popular games, with less fandom on the IP. Maybe it works the third time around. I also hope. I want my Neverwinter Nights.
I'll be doing some playing with the modding tools when I am done with my vacation for sure.

None

Arbiter
Divinity Original Sin 1/2 had a level editor. One was very weak, the other was very broken, but both had it. Very little came out of it.
Then again, those were less popular games, with less fandom on the IP. Maybe it works the third time around. I also hope. I want my Neverwinter Nights.
I'll be doing some playing with the modding tools when I am done with my vacation for sure.
I know if they release one I'll be interested in tooling around with it as well. Seemed like there was already 50% of the assets required to do a Planescape campaign.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I know if they release one I'll be interested in tooling around with it as well. Seemed like there was already 50% of the assets required to do a Planescape campaign.
Or a Divinity: Dragon Commander type game with the Nautiloid. Spelljammer.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Or a Divinity: Dragon Commander type game with the Nautiloid. Spelljammer.
Larian clearly had Spelljammer in mind when creating BG3:

bg3spelljammer.png

Just Locus

Educated
I couldn't stomach Lae'zal tbh. I left her in the cage to die. She doesn't check up on me when we crash, gets herself captured, and starts demanding me to save her.

Playing this game blind for the first time yesterday, writing seems fine so far. I'm way more of a mechanics lover than a story lover though so there might be a lot of story issues I haven't noticed. I like the various skill checks presented throughout encounters. The camera is a bit janky but nothing I couldn't get used to. Playing a Half-Elf Paladin.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
I couldn't stomach Lae'zal tbh. I left her in the cage to die. She doesn't check up on me when we crash, gets herself captured, and starts demanding me to save her.

Playing this game blind for the first time yesterday, writing seems fine so far. I'm way more of a mechanics lover than a story lover though so there might be a lot of story issues I haven't noticed. I like the various skill checks presented throughout encounters. The camera is a bit janky but nothing I couldn't get used to. Playing a Half-Elf Paladin.
Mechanics lover and is fine with MMO style so-called "mechanics"...

That's some mental gymnastics right there.

Just Locus

Educated
the "possibly" part of his tag is putting in some serious legwork to make anyone who interacts with Cael think he has above room-temperature IQ.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
You've entered one of "those" threads where only the tryhards hang out anymore and will viciously attack anything that so much as smells of criticism.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom