Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Hydro

Educated
It's already a classic you muppet.
What a retard lol
Literally most succesful CRPG commercially and critically ever, stop coping.
Mainstream success was never a factor for the KKK, retard

What a retard lol
Hurdur muh sales. Take pils and stop drinking

Cope, seethe and dilate

afbeelding.png
Cringe tryhard lol

Shaki

Arbiter
I think the biggest achievement of BG3 is that it actually feels like playing a real D&D session.

No other CRPG came close to that feeling.
Yes, but it's like playing a real DnD session with a group of Californian zoomers who just decided to try DnD for the first time, after watching 200 episodes of Critical Role. That's the whole problem with the game.

is patch7 final? I was waiting for evil playthrough and dunno if its final yet or not
Last content patch, they might release bugfixes and stuff like performance.

edit: Douse says it's "not the end" but he doesn't want to say what it is.

https://www.ign.com/articles/baldur...esnt-want-to-talk-about-whats-coming-just-yet

Baldur’s Gate 3’s game-changing Patch 7 was seen as Larian drawing a line under the phenomenally popular Dungeons & Dragons role-playing game, but the developer has said there’s more to come.

Patch 7, out now on PC but delayed on consoles and Mac (check out the Baldur’s Gate 3 Patch 7 patch notes here), is headlined by the addition of official mod support, 13 new cinematics that offer varying conclusions to your most evil playthroughs (some really are something!), Honour Mode improvements and new Legendary Actions, and revamped split-screen gameplay.

Larian has announced plans to leave Baldur’s Gate 3 and indeed Dungeons & Dragons behind to make brand new games, but Patch 7 isn’t quite the finish line some might have thought.

“Good news kids it’s not the final update,” tweeted Larian head of publishing Michael Douse. “We ain’t gonna talk about what’s coming for the game because it puts undue pressure on the devs, but there are things we’ve said we’ll do that are still coming, and the chefs must cook.”

So, what can fans expect from a future patch? Larian has said it’s still working on both crossplay and a photo mode, alongside other fixes and updates. The question is whether Baldur’s Gate 3 will get any more major patches, like Patch 7, that significantly change either the story or add meaningful new gameplay features.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Larian now has the money to sign more-or-less whichever SF author to make them IP.
This will not guarantee quality, as SF writers in role of video games scenarist have sketchy history at best.
They could. But they will hire 12 minor fanfic writers and eventually stitch together the Frankenstein script.

Shaki

Arbiter
Larian now has the money to sign more-or-less whichever SF author to make them IP.
This will not guarantee quality, as SF writers in role of video games scenarist have sketchy history at best.
They could. But they will hire 12 minor fanfic writers and eventually stitch together the Frankenstein script.
They will give full creative control to the writer of the gay bear, that's their golden goose.

ropetight

Savant
They will give full creative control to the writer of the gay bear, that's their golden goose.
Let's just hope that bear is... Greg Bear!
Oh, he died.
They have no bear left of substantial writing quality.

scytheavatar

Scholar
is patch7 final? I was waiting for evil playthrough and dunno if its final yet or not

https://www.ign.com/articles/baldur...esnt-want-to-talk-about-whats-coming-just-yet

Baldur’s Gate 3’s game-changing Patch 7 was seen as Larian drawing a line under the phenomenally popular Dungeons & Dragons role-playing game, but the developer has said there’s more to come.

Patch 7, out now on PC but delayed on consoles and Mac (check out the Baldur’s Gate 3 Patch 7 patch notes here), is headlined by the addition of official mod support, 13 new cinematics that offer varying conclusions to your most evil playthroughs (some really are something!), Honour Mode improvements and new Legendary Actions, and revamped split-screen gameplay.

Larian has announced plans to leave Baldur’s Gate 3 and indeed Dungeons & Dragons behind to make brand new games, but Patch 7 isn’t quite the finish line some might have thought.

“Good news kids it’s not the final update,” tweeted Larian head of publishing Michael Douse. “We ain’t gonna talk about what’s coming for the game because it puts undue pressure on the devs, but there are things we’ve said we’ll do that are still coming, and the chefs must cook.”

So, what can fans expect from a future patch? Larian has said it’s still working on both crossplay and a photo mode, alongside other fixes and updates. The question is whether Baldur’s Gate 3 will get any more major patches, like Patch 7, that significantly change either the story or add meaningful new gameplay features.

Larian is in pre production for their next games, I expect them to be producing patches for BG3 indefinitely. Cause they do not need 450 people to be involved in pre production and they need to keep the rest of the studio busy.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

Larian is in pre production for their next games, I expect them to be producing patches for BG3 indefinitely. Cause they do not need 450 people to be involved in pre production and they need to keep the rest of the studio busy.

Of course, most devs have moved on a long time ago to the new project(s)

Hydro

Educated
I think the biggest achievement of BG3 is that it actually feels like playing a real D&D session.

No other CRPG came close to that feeling.
Yes, but it's like playing a real DnD session with a group of Californian zoomers who just decided to try DnD for the first time, after watching 200 episodes of Critical Role. That's the whole problem with the game.
Exactly.

Yosharian

Arcane
Let's just hope that bear is... Greg Bear!
Oh, he died.
They have no bear left of substantial writing quality.
What the fuck Greg Bear died? Shit...

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
BG3 really isn't that great. It gets extremely tedious and a chore to finish. Only act 1 is well done. I would guess most of the people who bought the game never even finished it. Definitely the most overrated game in a while.
100%. Well, maybe 90% - I think Act 2 still has quite a bit of good in it, and should have been the climax. 3 is really where stuff falls apart.
Baldur's Gate 3 should have been BG3 and BG4; it's an approximately 80-hour game for a completionist, even with a vast amount of excised or reduced content in Act 3, which is a sprawling mess. If they had decided to leave Act 3 for a sequel, then they could have polished Act 2 as they did with Act 1, while having a better climax and the game end with the party reaching the outskirts of Baldur's Gate and viewing the city in the distance, and it would still have been a 50-hour game. The sequel would then have incorporated the content Larian intended for Act 3, and could easily have been the same length of 50 hours, with a proper ending for the duology rather than the sad excuse that existed in the release version.

The Bishop

Cipher
So apparently no game system bugs were fixed in the new update. Full year into release and Shield spell still only triggers when enemy is going to miss anyway, Bestow Curse ceases to function every other turn, companions upcast buffs in dialogues for no reason, and half of the items either don't do what they say in the description or do nothing at all.

BG3 really isn't that great. It gets extremely tedious and a chore to finish. Only act 1 is well done. I would guess most of the people who bought the game never even finished it. Definitely the most overrated game in a while.
100%. Well, maybe 90% - I think Act 2 still has quite a bit of good in it, and should have been the climax. 3 is really where stuff falls apart.
Baldur's Gate 3 should have been BG3 and BG4; it's an approximately 80-hour game for a completionist, even with a vast amount of excised or reduced content in Act 3, which is a sprawling mess. If they had decided to leave Act 3 for a sequel, then they could have polished Act 2 as they did with Act 1, while having a better climax and the game end with the party reaching the outskirts of Baldur's Gate and viewing the city in the distance, and it would still have been a 50-hour game. The sequel would then have incorporated the content Larian intended for Act 3, and could easily have been the same length of 50 hours, with a proper ending for the duology rather than the sad excuse that existed in the release version.

"Too short".

No wonder that smaller projects tend to be filled to the brim with filler and lack of polish/iteration, with one unnamed "major" studio having mastered the arts of that like no other before it. If the likes of BG3 are eventually running short on time and ressources: Trying to pull it off on a budget is similar to trying to film LOTR with the money for an episode of Xena - Warrior Princess.

Tbf, DOS 1 I never finished. It's clear by far the most ressources were put into Act 1 and then nothing. As early as act 2, unique encounters before are starting to become replaced by facing copypaste orcs over and over to waste your time -- in a TB combat game. And people are encouraging games to be produced this way.

:fight:

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
So apparently no game system bugs were fixed in the new update. Full year into release and Shield spell still only triggers when enemy is going to miss anyway, Bestow Curse ceases to function every other turn, companions upcast buffs in dialogues for no reason, and half of the items either don't do what they say in the description or do nothing at all.
Wait what. Shield doesn't work correctly?

The Bishop

Cipher
In my tests it just says "enemy needs to roll 15, they rolled 12" and prompts you to activate Shield. And when they roll enough to actually hit you the prompt doesn't appear. It has been this way since forever.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
What a retard lol
Like McDonalds or Marvel?
They're not critically acclaimed (besides the old Marvel maybe)

BG3 is popular AND also actually really good.

Where's that low IQ coper saying BG3 will be forgotten in a few years? Lol, this modding tool will give it eternal life.

Hydro

Educated
Look at Baldur’s Gate — this is internal life rent free in hearts and minds. This goyslop would never achieve anything like that because it lacks soul. Muh sales retard

Yosharian

Arcane
In my tests it just says "enemy needs to roll 15, they rolled 12" and prompts you to activate Shield. And when they roll enough to actually hit you the prompt doesn't appear. It has been this way since forever.
Hmmm

I'm not convinced, I'm seeing nothing about this on Discord and such a big bug would be talked about on there. I would like to see some evidence of this

Last edited:

The Bishop

Cipher
Hmmm

I'm not convinced, I'm seeing nothing about this on Discord and such a big bug would be talked about on there. I would like to see some evidence of this
I mean, you can just start the game and attack your own character with shield in his spell book and see this exact behavior. Though after some further testing it appears that it only works this way when attacking friendlies. Still technically a bug, but I can see why devs aren't eager to fix it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom