Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Chanel Oberlin

Pineapple appreciator
Patron
HM8ygc8.png

The haters know the drill by now right?

Repeat after me: Cope, seethe and DILATE.
Wow, all games released in the last 6 years. I'm so glad to be living in the golden age of video games! science doesn't lie.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Being a goodie two shoes in this game already cost you a whole tadpole skill tree
I am using all the tadpoles I can in my "good" playthroughs. Its not different to Wyll sacrificing his soul for the greater good, and its a very typical good guy martyrdom.

They had to have lesbians, didn't they?!
MANDATORY gay sex in YOUR CAMP. You could've prevented this. You could've allowed [redacted] to continue living the lie [redacted] has embraced. Why did you pursue the light of truth? Why did you invite GAY SEX in your camp, CHARNAME?

Johnny Biggums

Learned
This is the Dungeons & Dragons in 2023 that we're all supposed to be impressed with. And people look at me like I'm weird.
The gith were originally humans (or elves?) that were enslaved by mind flayers, and created to be a servile slave caste for the big brain empire. I labeled them space lizards, because I am a funny person, and I do the humor thing. I forgot people here have penalty on INT rolls.
Also, looked it up, apparently gith were introduced in the 1980s. Muh woke. 99% of the time when you people see ideology, its literally just marketing. These products aren't as political as you think. Its just whatever sells.
You're wrong. The emphasis on sexual representation and depictions of racial diversity and multiculturalism have a self-evidently political dimension. It's just that if you're clever enough you can recognize that, but set it to one side and check out what the game qua game has to offer.

GaelicVigil

Liturgist
Here's the D&D I know: White human men killing the fuck out of your damn lizard people.
And then someone said: but can I play as an orc? And the product expanded, and you can do more stuff now.
Or do you expect Hearts of Iron to only let you play as USA or something stupid like that?
View attachment 39947

That's when it started to get gay. Orcs are for slaying. They are evil. No moral gray areas in classic D&D.

Kiste

Augur
In other words, WotC created diversity deliberately in Faerun so we could setup stories about "racism". Sounds awfully like what they're doing IRL to me. That people can't see the heavy-handed political messaging in this game is beyond ridiculous to me.

Hey, retard. It's not about "racism" because the Druid ritual had nothing to do with the Tieflings refugees or their race. The Druids initiated the ritual because they were told that the area would be overrun by an army of Drow and Goblins. Having to expel the Tieflings was incidental to that.

This game clearly is not for you. Maybe you should put it down and return to reading Mein Kampf.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
The endings are also lame as hell. I remember the marketing machine shitting out "le 17000 endings bro!"

The actual ending:

You did it! A winner is you!

The end.

jf8350143

Liturgist
The two lesbian characters are attractive young looking females(by this game's standard), so it's not a big issue for me.

jf8350143

Liturgist
The ending might be super bugged. Because in my playthrough half of my companions just disappears and never show up for the whole ending, but there are people saying they should show up and talk to you after the final boss.

But bugged or not it's still a lame ending, they didn't even bother to include ending slides.

GaelicVigil

Liturgist
In other words, WotC created diversity deliberately in Faerun so we could setup stories about "racism". Sounds awfully like what they're doing IRL to me. That people can't see the heavy-handed political messaging in this game is beyond ridiculous to me.

Hey, retard. It's not about "racism" because the Druid ritual had nothing to do with the Tieflings refugees or their race. The Druids initiated the ritual because they were told that the area would be overrun by an army of Drow and Goblins. Having to expel the Tieflings was incidental to that.

This game clearly is not for you. Mabe you should put it down and return to reading Mein Kampf.

You're right. It isn't for me. But is that supposed to be an insult? "My Struggle" is a great read. A story of a guy who was thrown in prison because he was sick of all the degenerate gay filth and international usury destroying his country.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Here's the D&D I know: White human men killing the fuck out of your damn lizard people.
And then someone said: but can I play as an orc? And the product expanded, and you can do more stuff now.
Or do you expect Hearts of Iron to only let you play as USA or something stupid like that?
View attachment 39947

That's when it started to get gay. Orcs are for slaying. They are evil. No moral gray areas in classic D&D.

Apparently your opinion is a minority. Either you get on board with the new D&D diversity or you just, you know, bitch like the little beta you are

PapaPetro

View attachment 39942

I don't think I will be rolling my way into this one.
You have a 5%
This thing is sweet QoL btw:

xIIhnTV.png

Only if you can autosort all that shit into it at once.
It does.
Once I picked it up, I just put all my books into it.
Spent a minute looking for my books till I realized they were in there.
It's like a keychain, camp supply sack and alchemy pouch for books.
It weighs 50lbs though
Well it's got a small library worth of books in it.
It's not a bag of holding.
Where did you get it? I don't seem to have come across one yet
I forgot.
I'll let you know when I remember...

Shaki

Arbiter
The worst thing about BG3 is definitely camera control. How the fuck it's still so bad after DOS 1, DOS 2, and 6 years of development for BG3, I don't get it. Just let me freely move it up and down, rather than locking it at the height of the active character, so I can actually see and target shit that's above me, Swen PLEASE.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
"My Struggle" is a great read. A story of a guy who was thrown in prison because he was sick of all the degenerate gay filth and international usury destroying his country.

This is the kind of quality poster this here shithole forum attracts nowadays.

:dead:

“Nowadays”? Codex was full of nazis and trolls since forever

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
I realized now why the graphics of BG3 felt so particular to me: there is no chromatic abberration, noise, deforming lens effects, etc.
So strange for a 2023 game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom