Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Vatnik Wumao
i see you didn't drinked animal talking potion. even in first screen he's demanding food.
Not with the PC when I started the convo with the cub post-fight. Otherwise I did respec my companions so that I always have see invisibility, read thoughts, charm, talk with dead, talk with animals etc etc available in my party so that I don't need potions.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I never thought I'd say it. I was fervently hating that they called Divos3 "Baldur's Gate". I voted "I'm not going to play it" on all polls.

Well, I played it. Chapter 3 so far. I killed all the homos and twats - homodruid dead, homovamp dead, shadow cunt dead. And it was all allowed by the writers, I didn't just jump them out of nowhere. Other degenerates I just left behind. Playing with generic companions.

And as a result? The game is bearable. I'm lowkey liking it. The music is boring, and the game has cons, but in the end I'm playing it, and I couldn't say the same for the other failures like "poe".

So, okay, Larian. I kneel.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Early Act 3:
My god, this story is retarded beyond words. It absolutely falls apart, as I expected. They never wanted to write this particular plot, I am certain.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Bearsex druid doesn't care if you sleep around but apparently some of the other companions do so check the specifics for whichever one you like. Really though if your goal is to have sex with men in this game I don't think you need to worry, it's about 10x harder to avoid a man harem than it is to get one.
I didn't ask that question seriously, but this pleases me.

it's about 10x harder to avoid a man harem than it is to get one.
Finally, a video game I can relate to.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Not that i have a choice, since reporting my UI problems here serves no purpose considering nobody reads what i write.

In your case though i think you didn't actually try to use a controller so you have no idea what i was talking.
I tried controller a little, but it takes so many more actions to accomplish the same thing with a controller vs M&KB - as you found out for yourself - that I didn't even finish the tutorial with it.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
Could Astarion always speak with the dead? Somehow that spell is now in his spellslot, it's neither from Arcane Trickster nor Bard class. Also no item with that boon equpped.
I don't remember if he had that from the beginning. Is it connected to that book of Thay necromancy I gave him?

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
What's up with these stupid Shar trials? Some walk-on-darkness BS?

I just cheesed it with mist step and jump, I have no idea what was the deal here.

Shrimp

Liturgist
Could Astarion always speak with the dead? Somehow that spell is now in his spellslot, it's neither from Arcane Trickster nor Bard class. Also no item with that boon equpped.
I don't remember if he had that from the beginning. Is it connected to that book of Thay necromancy I gave him?
I know that if you succeed all three saving throws when reading the book you unlock the spell on that character, so it does seem likely.

Herumor

Scholar
Early Act 3:
My god, this story is retarded beyond words.
More detail please, objective analysis is always helpful

Stilll stuck in act 1 :negative:
None of the plot points respect Mindflayer lore whatsoever. They completely failed to understand what Illithids are and how they work.
Can you please elaborate? I already finished the game, so you don't have to worry about spoiling anything.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

monilloman

Educated
If rolling dice game sells bilions and gets highest scores then does it mean that codex is and always was mainstream and rest were grognardz ?

:philosoraptor:
Imagine if normie zoomers new to the RPGs, will actually go search for the forum about the genre after liking BG3, and somehow land here :lol: It will scar them for life
Sure, bud. Here is how it will actually go:

-Visits forums
“Damn, for a place called RPGcodex, they sure hate RPGs”
-Leaves
I think seeing 1000 pages of:

- "GAME HAS TOO MUCH FAGGOT NIGGER TRANNY"
- "NO, ACTUALLY YOU CAN KILL FAGGOT NIGGER TRANNY SO ITS GOOD"
- "BUT GAME STILL HAS TOO MUCH FAGGOT NIGGER TRANNY"
- "BUT OTHER GAME HAD MORE FAGGOT NIGGER TRANNY AND YOU LIKED IT"

in a loop, would be a bigger problem.

Can confirm, stuck on this loop right now. Anyone care to link some reviews so I don't waddle through 230 pages of autistic screeching?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Holy crap, i just realized if you talk to an NPC with another party member, you get the same dialog sequence again. Is this a bug or something?

Tried it on the lady that gives you the cake, and each was able to get one in turn. Then talked to the mage apprentice and it basically started out the same dialog again. This is kinda of bizzare. Why do i get a feeling this is a multiplayer feature that someone works with AI controlled characters as well. Wonder what happens if you pick "bad" dialog lines with a party member.

Zayne

Scholar
Also
Thorm and the Avatar of Myrkul are goddamn pushovers. The hardest fight in Act 2 was the one at the entrance to Moonrise Towers with Z'rell and that was only moderately difficult to begin with.
When Avatar appeared I was actually scared and started calculating "okay, I need to precast Haste, then when combat starts Gale teleports there and takes on Necromites, Lae'zel can free Ayrin..."
And then boss died like in two turns, which he spent hitting summoned weapon. On tactician.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
I know that if you succeed all three saving throws when reading the book you unlock the spell on that character, so it does seem likely.

I didn't get any notification for that, that's why I wondered. It drove me nuts not knowing what provided me that spell. Well, great thing anyway.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Early Act 3:
My god, this story is retarded beyond words.
More detail please, objective analysis is always helpful

Stilll stuck in act 1 :negative:
None of the plot points respect Mindflayer lore whatsoever. They completely failed to understand what Illithids are and how they work.
Can you please elaborate? I already finished the game, so you don't have to worry about spoiling anything.
Mindflayers are not individuals. Not in any real sense. They can't just "break free" all of a sudden, regardless of what their host organism might have felt. They utterly replace the personality of the host. There are some outliers that do things forbidden in their society, like studying magic, but ultimately they are all controlled by the Elder Brain. The Emperor could not possibly exist. Any sign of retained memories from the host is abominable to an Illithid and they go so far as to operate on their own brains to expunge them. Certainly no random low level Illithid can just up and "leave" his colony, to say nothing of running around Baldur's Gate.

Orpheus is also clearly an invention of Larian. The name alone is retarded.

Looks like a lot of this idiocy came from Volos Guide for 5E, which is hardly surprising. I guess even Illithids can't be Always Evil anymore.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Why...why are there Githyanki monks? Did they actually confuse Githyanki and Githerzai??
Clearly not, they make reference to the githzerai several times during the game. I thought it an odd choice as well, though
Just roll a gith bard, swim against the current! Then see if you get reactivity in the Creche :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom