Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Doesn't help that the Chosen are all Literal Who's with no proper setup or introduction 30 hours in.
Eh? They each have a setup. Act 2 is all Thorm's setup. He and all the others were foreshadowed in the vision in Act 1, and then you see him in Act 2.

The end of Act 2 is the introduction to all the Chosen. At the end of Act 2, you learn what the Chosen actually are (Chosen of the Dead Three).

I guess if you skip a bunch of dialogs it might seem like they have no introduction idk.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
And as I said, renegade does not mean "Regular guy stuck in the body of a mind flayer".
As I said before, I think he was meant to be "The Adversary", an ancient mindflayer in 2E lore, but they had to change him for some sort of copryright purposes. That's why he's "The Emperor". And I agree that it's dumb.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
"It's okay to establish your main adversary 2/3s into the story"
Cope
The Cult of the Absolute is established at the start. You just learn the specifics of who leads them later.

It's similar to BG1, where you have no idea who Sarevok is and learn only of the mysterious "Iron Throne". There's a big leadup and a misdirection to the leaders of the Iron Throne.

Only in the end do you learn who Sarevok really is, what his goals are etc.

Did you really want the main villains to be there at the start, wagging their dicks in your face? The Emperor already was.

Sunri

Liturgist
Cope
It's okay to show main vilian in the last cutscene just before a fight if hes cool enough but those chosens were shit especially bane guy he didnt even transform what a bitch

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Yep, as expected, the city is a hive of pozz. Then again, that's what they want DnD to be like now.
I do admit the Steel Watcher recounting everything those Eyeballs saw you do was a nice touch.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
1691907873089.png

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I don't get the hate on the forum to Avellone.
You must be new here.

:mca:

There's a few stupid hand holding things the game does.

For example, if you kill Lae'zel on sight when you first meet her, her corpse literally follows you from map to map, like the game is expecting you to rez her.

No, fuck that idiot frog. I've seen her entire storyline and it is garbage.
I chose the option to have the tieflings lower the cage and killed githyanki girl, but didn't experience such a bug from that. Or did you mean that you killed her in the prologue and it somehow caused her corpse to appear in camp later? Which would be hilarious.:M

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Cope
It's okay to show main vilian in the last cutscene just before a fight if hes cool enough but those chosens were shit especially bane guy he didnt even transform what a bitch

i liked thorm but the rest are indeed crap and you have too few interactions with all of them except for orin who instead interacts with you 900 times in most random, nonsensical ways. all of her showings feel like you rolled a poor result on a giant random encounter table

Sunri

Liturgist
Orin was cool too i mean her slayer form looked great and the cutscene after beating her looked like shit from mortal combat anyway i just finished the game a lot of bad ending due to bugs Karlah ded gayl went on to retrieve the crown i got kicked out of the city as mindflayer lazeal had good ending left with orfeus witch is funny because she got captured at the start of act 3 and didnt see her for the last 10 hours or so wyll didnt show himself i guess got bugged because i couldnt talk to the duke anyway i regret not turning into mindlflayer earlier spamming two black holes every turn is broken af time for dark urge play trough with some mods
ov1HbFA.png

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Orin wasn’t cool in any way. She was every insane murder girl assassin from every piece of pop culture media ever.

I liked the slayer and the weird moving colors under her skin that’s about it

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Doesn't help that the Chosen are all Literal Who's with no proper setup or introduction 30 hours in.

I mean, fuck me, the game even goes "Who is Orin? Dunno, lol!"
Meanwhile, Raphael, who's not main villain gets great exposition since the beginning. (And badass song to boot)

The side characters in general can be quite good, but yes, Raphael is excellent

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
They first appeared in AD&D 1E as monsters in the Underdark.
Mind Flayers first appeared in OD&D's Supplement III: Eldritch Wizardry in 1976, although an illustration of one had already appeared in Supplement II: Blackmoor.

mindflayerehck9.png

As to the other part, that being mind flayer individuality,
TSR only published one series of Spelljammer novels, the six-volume Cloakmaster Cycle, but the second novel Into the Void introduced an individualized mind flayer, who later reappeared in the sixth novel, The Ultimate Helm, on board the Spelljammer itself.

cloak02.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom