Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Calling the "world building" of a game set in am existing decades old setting "vanilla".
exactly, the writers had so much to work with and still produced only mediocre writing. Meanwhile BioWare made some truly great games not just with their Dragon Age setting but also with how they handled BG1 and 2.

old BioWare > Larian

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
Is the game good to play as is? Wondering if I should torrent it now or wait for a few more updates before giving it a try.
It's buggy and they forgot to add some important things such as ending slides but it's perfectly playable. I haven't had a single bug that ruined a quest or the game.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
It says a lot about the state of the Codex and the West when all of you seem to enjoy BG3 so much and are willing to turn a blind eye to its glaring faults.

Arkeus

Arcane
Do any of those options alter the later story beats? Of course not.
Of course they do? Who survive, who you side with, who you helped all changes the quests you have available in act 2 and then act 3, as well as change dialog options further in the game. What the hell are you talking about.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Do any of those options alter the later story beats? Of course not.
Of course they do? Who survive, who you side with, who you helped all changes the quests you have available in act 2 and then act 3, as well as change dialog options further in the game. What the hell are you talking about.

This doesn't fit his agenda that the game is terrible so he ignores all of this

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Imma say it: Dragon Age and Mass Effect had better writing and "muh reactivity" than this.
You mean 2 games where only role play options were “be goody two shoes” or “be a psychopath”?
Same options you get in this game. Your point?
Sure. Just for the grove you have:
1) Let druids Finish ritual of thorns, locking them out
2) Steal idol, preventing the ritual
3) Return Halsin, so he stops the ritual
4) Kill all goblins, removing the need for ritual
5) Expose the bitch Druid to be working with shadow druids, turning everyone againts her idea and kill the shadow Druids, with variants of:
5.1) convince bitch to side with you
5.2) kill bitch along the other shadow Druids
6) side with goblins, without stealing idol, locking grove out and killing tiefling
7) side with goblins after stealing idol and kill everyone
8) kill everyone
And probably some other method I don’t know about.

Comparing this to 2 choices nu-BioWare games offer is retarded.

That's well and good but it's all still marred by the fact the writing is mid.

In a way this was a problem with the BG games too. They were big, ambitious, in many places technical marvels, but they were still marred by Bioware's general mediocrity in certain things.

Still, i guess it's a miracle to get this many consequences in this day and age.

Last edited:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
THE GAYME IS GOOD IF YOU IGNORE THE TRANNY SHIT WHICH IS 80% OF THE GAME

RPG COPEDEX
What's up with you, SDG and others coming to this thread and writing shit both about the game and about those who play it, while not playing it yourselves or even planning to. Are you trying to prove something? I doubt there are many uninterested people going into i.e. Diablo 4 thread and spamming the place up with such garbage. Yet SDG comes here every day saying that we are all tranny retards and play stupid game, unlike amazing Diablo 4 which is GOTY. You are second in frequency to come here and spam such after him. Could you explain this activity? Why bother doing so?

am I fucking crazy or is there no way to select all characters in this game and make them do an action at the same time.... like sneak/hide for instance? Instead of having selecting them one at a time?

I have been fucking messing around with this for like an hour or two now after not worrying about that much at first, just thinking I would eventually figure it out, but its so annoying now...I still can't find a button..the group all button just moves the stupid portraits closer and does fuck all...there is a 'highlight all characters' button but it just makes them more visible and only the actually selected character does the action...I am awake way too late at night fucking around with this and its pissing me off..how do they not have an easy way to just draw a green box around the characters like in every other isometric party based RPG/strategy game? WTF are they thinking?

Or am I just a moron and missing some button? I have a migraine now and have not advanced in the game in like 2 hours since I am just fucking around with the interface...so annoyed..

Sunri

Liturgist
am I fucking crazy or is there no way to select all characters in this game and make them do an action at the same time.... like sneak/hide for instance? Instead of having selecting them one at a time?

I have been fucking messing around with this for like an hour now after not using it then game since release and just thinking I would eventually figure it out, but its so annoying now...I still can't find out a button..the group all button just moves the stupid portraits closer and does shit all...there is a 'highlight all characters' button but it just makes them more visible and only the actually selected character does the action...I am awake way too late at night fucking around with this and its pissing me off..how do they not have a easy way to just draw a green box around the characters like in every other isometric party based game? WTF are they thinking?

Or am I just a moron and missing some button? I have a migraine now and have not advanced in the game in like 2 hours since I am just fucking around with the interface...so annoyed..
Shit C hides all characters in my game

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Controls, UI and camera is one of the bigger blemishes of this game, but i assume all the right stuff is there it's just hard to see.

I have been fucking messing around with this for like an hour now after not using it then game since release and just thinking I would eventually figure it out, but its so annoying now...I still can't find out a button..the group all button just moves the stupid portraits closer and does shit all...there is a 'highlight all characters' button but it just makes them more visible and only the actually selected character does the action...I am awake way too late at night fucking around with this and its pissing me off..how do they not have a easy way to just draw a green box around the characters like in every other isometric party based game? WTF are they thinking?

it hides one character in mine, how do you make it hide all at the same time? oh...shift...ok..let me try.,..

I will feel like a fucking moron if this works..

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
THE GAYME IS GOOD IF YOU IGNORE THE TRANNY SHIT WHICH IS 80% OF THE GAME

RPG COPEDEX
What's up with you, SDG and others coming to this thread and writing shit both about the game and about those who play it, while not playing it yourselves or even planning to. Are you trying to prove something? I doubt there are many uninterested people going into i.e. Diablo 4 thread and spamming the place up with such garbage. Yet SDG comes here every day saying that we are all tranny retards and play stupid game, unlike amazing Diablo 4 which is GOTY. You are second in frequency to come here and spam such after him. Could you explain this activity? Why bother doing so?

SGD: sad that nobody wants to talk with him about Diablo 4
JamesDickson: sad that nobody cares about his irrelevant opinions on D&D
Justiciar: just generall insane
NecroLord: no clue, copycat anti-woke rando no. 457
0wca: Sees shit wherever he looks, might need to check his eyes, sounds like a serious condition

Last edited:

OMG, thank you. Literally my blood pressure is like 50 points lower and I can go to bed now. That worked. I still wish you could draw a green box around the people..but still...that is so much better..I swear I did not see that in the key bind menu, I will look tomorrow and see if I was just an idiot and missed it despite reading it like 6 times..

but thanks again bro, you might have saved me from stroking out, and now I can turn this shit off and sleep.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom