Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Self-Ejected
Who is he talking to?
Probably answered to someone in the chat. But what he said is very interesting.

View attachment 40023

Does anyone know whose Troon alt account this is? They are popping up with fucking alarming frequency here on the 'Dex.

We are being flooded with "Tee-Hee of course I'm female silly!" troon sock puppets, its like a reddit invasion.
I am not a tron nor an alt i always been Mebrilia but i nuked my old account.

janior

Arcane
Patron
Who is he talking to?

View attachment 40023

Does anyone know whose Troon alt account this is? They are popping up with fucking alarming frequency here on the 'Dex.

We are being flooded with "Tee-Hee of course I'm female silly!" troon sock puppets, its like a reddit invasion.
why?

Self-Ejected
Who is he talking to?

View attachment 40023

why?
Is not relevant with the thread but ill explain i was fed up with the site feeling like was more about lunatic activist screeching than games, since i left some friends contacted me and in the end convinced me to return. I could of course not have my old account bacl as i requested the nuke so i created a new one. The staff is aware also the staff can easily contact me off site if they want i am not an alt :)

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Who is he talking to?

View attachment 40023

Codex Lore states this is a 40+ year old Italian catlady

Self-Ejected
Who is he talking to?

View attachment 40023

40+ not yet! Catlady nah i just own one cat XD.

Anyways there are more devs popping up claiming who expect games like bg3 have unrealistic expectation.

This is getting way more bigger than i anticipated.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
BTW, Grease shouldn't be flammable and it's flammable in this Divinity OS 3 game that is pretending to be BG3. The second major problem is there is something missing on level up. Like the level up is basically clicking on level up button, then click accept button. Where is proper modifying stuff on level up? Feat selection? Stat selection? Skills?

I remember when I leveled up in RoA II game. There were multiple pages of skills I had no clue what they are for, and some of these were not even properly implemented (or used <5x in game).
Even Drakensang, which evaded problem of needing to handle several pages on skills per level up by simply allowing to improve continuously by accumulating skill points then using them instead of getting them on level up.
One page with main skills and character attributes. One with weapon skills, and few pages with spells. Easy. But also it felt like each character has advantages and flaws.

In BG3 you have Shadowheart who is scared of wolves.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Finding it slightly hard to keep playing, game starts to feel like a chore.

-Too few combats that take too long. Larian seems to take heed of the common (bad) Codex advice of "no trash fights!" The result is every combat has to be a 'puzzle' that often requires reloads or heavy resource use just to get by. Even the goblins are like this, basically no straightforward battles where you and some enemies square off; everyone is spread way out, everyone has consumables and bombs to throw at you, forced ambushes (beholder), etc. The rest of the time you wander through the empty areas bored to death while picking through 1000 empty boxes. Not everything has to be a miniboss, sometimes you just encounter some orcs to wail on as a warm up and there's nothing wrong with that.

-"I'm going on an adventure!" said Bilbo, then dicked around in the Shire for 5 weeks. No urgency, it's a random collection of events/quests with no coherence. Just "stuff to do". It feels like nothing has happened and I'm still in a prologue. I liked the random hard to find Kuo-toa hideout in the underdark, yet there was nothing in there worth looking for or seeing besides the kill XP. Which brings me to...

-Lame loot and rewards. Every time I find a cool chest or hidden bit of loot its like 10 gold and a potion. Itemization is terrible because it's all conditional stuff like "+1 damage every other Tuesday if your male companions are on fire." Hey remember finding Carsomyr for the first time and reading the description and being like "OMG I'm rerolling a pally just for this!" Or finding awesome gear like Gauntlets of Ogre power on some random evil halflings in the planar sphere. Idk if this is Larian's fault or if all of 5E is this weaksauce. (tbf all the loot in BG1 was also lame so I guess there's that).

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Even the goblins are like this, basically no straightforward battles where you and some enemies square off; everyone is spread way out, everyone has consumables and bombs to throw at you,
I had the same feeling at first but it gets better with a few more levels.

Elthosian

Arcane

This is a very fantastic take.
“You engage as little as you need to, and then you wonder why you’re not getting back what you had when you engaged more.”

Lol not surprised the (maybe) chick enjoys watching Josh Strife Hayes, the handsome, eloquent, British Muay Thai fighter that enjoys talking about game design/philosophy.

That being said he's absolutely correct and is actually spitting facts here. He has decent content sometimes but I dislike how surface level he seems to get into certain games. He enjoys OSRS and plays it, but I've yet to see him do any high level PvM. Same can be said about the other MMOs he plays. The new player experience is important and I can understand being a casual gamer, but you if you never do high level content, you're creating a major blind spot.

That is not even mentioning the fact that he was hyping up D:OS2 which seems to be a shit cRPG based off of the Codex's impressions as well as my first few hours with the game.

When it comes to Codex this days you have to learn to filter gamers from scandal whores so opinions on game in the Codex as a site are not really reliable to make a decision giving that here we have more people interested in outrage rather than games.

Dos2 was far from perfect tho the DOS games are responsable to lit the sparkle for other titles coming. BG3 despite the flaws because it has flaws as well to me is the best crpg released in a lot of time and i have more fun to play it than the originals and believe i love the originals.

Rate the following games for me in rough order of how good you think they are. Help me filter out what kind of gamer you are.

Underrail
Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate II
Age of Decadence
Disco Elysium
Planescape: Torment
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Icewind Dale
Disco Elysium
Arcanum
Fallout
Pillars of Eternity
Fallout 2
Fallout: New Vegas
ATOM RPG

No MOTB nor anything from the early 90s? Hmmmmmmmm.

Self-Ejected

“You engage as little as you need to, and then you wonder why you’re not getting back what you had when you engaged more.”

Lol not surprised the (maybe) chick enjoys watching Josh Strife Hayes, the handsome, eloquent, British Muay Thai fighter that enjoys talking about game design/philosophy.

That being said he's absolutely correct and is actually spitting facts here. He has decent content sometimes but I dislike how surface level he seems to get into certain games. He enjoys OSRS and plays it, but I've yet to see him do any high level PvM. Same can be said about the other MMOs he plays. The new player experience is important and I can understand being a casual gamer, but you if you never do high level content, you're creating a major blind spot.

That is not even mentioning the fact that he was hyping up D:OS2 which seems to be a shit cRPG based off of the Codex's impressions as well as my first few hours with the game.

When it comes to Codex this days you have to learn to filter gamers from scandal whores so opinions on game in the Codex as a site are not really reliable to make a decision giving that here we have more people interested in outrage rather than games.

Dos2 was far from perfect tho the DOS games are responsable to lit the sparkle for other titles coming. BG3 despite the flaws because it has flaws as well to me is the best crpg released in a lot of time and i have more fun to play it than the originals and believe i love the originals.

Rate the following games for me in rough order of how good you think they are. Help me filter out what kind of gamer you are.

Underrail
Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate II
Age of Decadence
Disco Elysium
Icewind Dale
Disco Elysium
Arcanum
Fallout
Pillars of Eternity
Fallout 2
ATOM RPG

I loved motb not really much the nwn2 campaign and nwn1? Well good if you like persistent worlds but extremely bad main quest horrible party system so is not among my favourite.

Darkwind

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Ok, you can have both Minthara and Karlach for barb+pal combo
1. Expose driud bitch but do not kill her.
2. Gain access to goblin camp peacefully, kill their shaman stealhtly
3. Kill Halsin
4. Move to Act II through underdark, you ca get quest for raid on druids or not - it seems to have no effect
5. Meet harpers and raid Absolute caravan for lantern
6. Reach Moon Towers and follow rescue Minthara route

It seems main part here is to leave tieflings alive as this will set tieflings saved flag to active. And it is not a glitch because Minthara have dialgue options on Karlach, who will instantly leave if you slaghter tieflings as ususal.

So this does not work as well as you are stating here. I actually did this and there is a caveat.

You -CAN- get Minthara this way, yes, by not doing the raid on the druids and leaving the quest basically unfinished. You also WILL get the cutscene in Moonrise Towers in Act 2 w/ her as you described. What you don't describe and what sucks is, if you try to add her to your party in Act 2 because you tried to circumvent the game logic she will never be a part of your party. She can come with you, but when combat starts, she will never join combat because its basically a bug.

EDIT: I tested this further and it has been confirmed by others. She is perma-bugged if you do this! Any fight that starts after a dialog she will appear as combatant. These are few & far between. For most other fights, she never joins combat. Do NOT recommend trying this method at least until they patch it which could be a while.

Last edited:

Elthosian

Arcane

Underrail
Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate II
Age of Decadence
Disco Elysium
Icewind Dale
Disco Elysium
Arcanum
Fallout
Pillars of Eternity
Fallout 2
ATOM RPG

I loved motb not really much the nwn2 campaign and nwn1? Well good if you like persistent worlds but extremely bad main quest horrible party system so is not among my favourite.

Well, NWN is a modding platform and anyone that enjoyed NWN2’s OG campaign has shit preferences.

Darkwind

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Who is he talking to?

View attachment 40023

why?

Because I want to know who is mentally ill and why they are landing here in far greater numbers than ever before. If the Troon Army arrives this place will turn into Reddit 2.0 and will be an absolute dumpster fire. Mebrilia isn't one of "Them" but there are many more of "them" then ever before. Take your lessons from real life, you have to stomp that shit out quickly or it spreads like cancer then this place will be full of furries and trannies in no time.

None

Arbiter
Speaking of modding, any news on that front? A proper set of modding tools can easily iron out a lot of this game's issues or make some solid adventures.

Xelocix

Learned
Yo, I'm too lazy to dig through this thread and read 256 pages of drivel so somebody tell me, what's the general consensus of this game so far? I've seen a really raunchy drow 69 sex scene and a few cringe Astarion clips but don't know much else about the game because I'm too busy with work. Is it just woke reddit "haha look at me im such a witty character" trash, or is BG3 mostly decent? How's the story so far? Is playing BG1 + BG2 required before touching BG3? Do things from the previous games transfer over? I've never played either of them.

Also is this bitch an annoying rug munching dyke like she looks like or is she supposed to just be more of an amazonian dommy mommy thing? She's the only female NPC I've seen so far that looks interesting. Somebody tell me she isn't a gender queer troon and has a real vagina.

vfwLFHA.jpg

Self-Ejected
Yo, I'm too lazy to dig through this thread and read 256 pages of drivel so somebody tell me, what's the general consensus of this game so far? I've seen a really raunchy drow 69 sex scene and a few cringe Astarion clips but don't know much else about the game because I'm too busy with work. Is it just woke reddit "haha look at me im such a witty character" trash, or is BG3 mostly decent? How's the story so far? Is playing BG1 + BG2 required before touching BG3? Do things from the previous games transfer over? I've never played either of them.

Also is this bitch an annoying rug munching dyke like she looks like or is she supposed to just be more of an amazonian dommy mommy thing? She's the only female NPC I've seen so far that looks interesting. Somebody tell me she isn't a gender queer troon and has a real vagina.

vfwLFHA.jpg
She is both honestly Karlach is a nice companion.

MerchantKing

Learned

"If you think this game is shit, well it's all your fault player and you should've played harder." What retarded take. Maybe games aren't fun because they're bad games. But if people really fall for such a line, I'm going to use it against my employees when they say they don't like working for me.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
Who is he talking to?

View attachment 40023

Cheap guess. Everyone around here is 40+ and probably has a cat.

Self-Ejected

"If you think this game is shit, well it's all your fault player and you should've played harder." What retarded take. Maybe games aren't fun because they're bad games. But if people really fall for such a line, I'm going to use it against my employees when they say they don't like working for me.

I think you completely missed the point of what he said.

Xelocix

Learned

vfwLFHA.jpg
She is both honestly Karlach is a nice companion.

Female and troon opinions aren't wanted. Get back into the kitchen where you belong.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Yo, I'm too lazy to dig through this thread and read 256 pages of drivel so somebody tell me, what's the general consensus of this game so far?
My personal thoughts are that the gameplay systems are competent and a good reflection of 5e + Larian's own additions. Combat and balancing is... more or less good for a casual audience but will be completely broken by someone with a brain.

Acting is good, voicing is good, animations are hit and miss. Music is very good at parts.

Writing is cringe, characters are cringe.

C&C is super impressive on the first run but the main stuff is railroaded into like 4 different flavors.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom