Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

so i had to put on maximum effort all my leet hackorz skills to make this work on my old computer under w7.
To play on Windows 7, open game’s “bin” folder in Explorer, select “bg3_dx11.exe” file, Right-Mouse Click for menu, PRESS “SHIFT” ON YOUR KEYBOARD AND WHILE KEEPING PRESSING IT CLICK ON “RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR”. You can unrpess “SHIFT” once the game launches

and it's divinity 2. exactly divinity 2. a total conversion for divinity 2. but without the retarded armor system and with a decent budget.
i already hate the dice after the second roll. 5 seconds or more instead of just a single click.

Shrimp

Liturgist
If I was Bioware I'd be trembling in my boots tbh
Considering BG3 almost feels like more of a spiritual successor to Dragon Age: Origins than a sequel to BG2 comparisons between BG3 and Dreadwolf will be inevitable. Assuming the game ever gets released.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
:negative: :negative::negative:

I avoided Gale as much as I could. Just refused any weird invitations from him.

Now I approached him to see if he has any comments about the recent major quest...

One of dialogue options - "About our night together"...

ENFORCED HOMOSEXUALITY IS HERE!

This is entirely a result of them implementing this in the laziest way humanly possible, because basically the romantic sequence is triggered purely by the amount of approval you have gained. There are no dialog options you have to go through to make it start, and no way to forstall it. Yes you can be an asshole to him which makes you lose approval, but that's just an indirect consequence of just being an asshole and approval from him can come really fast if you are at all good aligned, which most people probably are.

It's really mind boggling how pathetically lazy this is. If you are at all trying to make your NPCs happy, and most people like to do that in genral, it means ALL the NPCs will eventually try to come on to you, which means if you are a male, all the male NPCs will be faggots, where as if you are female, all the female NPCs will be lesbians, and it gets even more absurd because the romantic sequences are gated behind the druid quest, Hasilin or Haslin whatever his name is. So what happens is that you can gain a lot of approval before getting to that point, you get past the event that unlocks romances, go back to camp and suddenly ALL of them want to fuck you.

Also, there's no rejecting them. If you tell Gale to fuck off, he will shut up for a time, but gain enough approval and he'll try again because the romance is going to automatically trigger no matter what. Your choices aren't taken into account because the trigger is not the amount of approval you have, but what you gained. So you reject him once, earn the same amount of approval that triggered the romantic attempt the first time, and he'll try again. And the reason it is always Gale and not the others that do this is that he is the easiest NPC to get approval with.

It's really incredible just how bad this system is. I couldn't have come up with a worst way to do this myself even if i tried.

There's now a mod to shut that shit down. Jhaerik's Disable Reactions Mod (Avoid Unwanted Romance). You can shut down male-on-male or female-on-female romance altogether.

The downside is that not progressing the romance locks you out of male/female companion quest lines respectively, which might be a problem for completionists.

Interestingly, the modder says he isn't himself perturbed by the romances, but made the mod partly to gauge the strength of feeling about the topic.

Shrimp

Liturgist
The takeaway for the other developers won't be "make a game in a setting people care about, with good level design and production value", it'll be "ADD MORE HOMOS AND BROWN PEOPLE"
Easily my biggest fear honestly. Larian's games are very much of a 'sum of its parts' type of game because of all the little things and general attention to detail, but I have a sneaking suspicion other studios will attribute the game's success to the superficial aspects like the cinematic cutscenes, strange fixations on romances and a reduced character cast size in favour of a small number of 'fleshed out' characters that ultimately end up being hit or miss to most people.

Don't get me wrong, I'm fully aware that there will be hundreds of thousands of people who like BG3 specifically for the aforementioned things, but those things are also so much easier for any other studio to replicate.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
There's now a mod to shut that shit down. Jhaerik's Disable Reactions Mod (Avoid Unwanted Romance). You can shut down male-on-male or female-on-female romance altogether.

The downside is that not progressing the romance locks you out of male/female companion quest lines respectively, which might be a problem for completionists.

Interestingly, the modder says he isn't himself perturbed by the romances, but made the mod partly to gauge the strength of feeling about the topic.
It doesn't shutdown romances, it just shuts down ANY influence gain. So it essentially breaks companion quests.

Self-Ejected
Considering BG3 almost feels like more of a spiritual successor to Dragon Age: Origins than a sequel to BG2 comparisons between BG3 and Dreadwolf will be inevitable. Assuming the game ever gets released.
The situation is even worse they had a leak of the new dragon age and looks awful.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
The situation is even worse they had a leak of the new dragon age and looks awful.

"Hey guys, the new FF and Soulsgames are very popular."

You know they went for that after seeing that 5 second clip.

Self-Ejected

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

This is a very fantastic take.
“You engage as little as you need to, and then you wonder why you’re not getting back what you had when you engaged more.”

Lol not surprised the (maybe) chick enjoys watching Josh Strife Hayes, the handsome, eloquent, British Muay Thai fighter that enjoys talking about game design/philosophy.

That being said he's absolutely correct and is actually spitting facts here. He has decent content sometimes but I dislike how surface level he seems to get into certain games. He enjoys OSRS and plays it, but I've yet to see him do any high level PvM. Same can be said about the other MMOs he plays. The new player experience is important and I can understand being a casual gamer, but you if you never do high level content, you're creating a major blind spot.

That is not even mentioning the fact that he was hyping up D:OS2 which seems to be a shit cRPG based off of the Codex's impressions as well as my first few hours with the game.

Elthosian

Arcane
:negative: :negative::negative:

I avoided Gale as much as I could. Just refused any weird invitations from him.

Now I approached him to see if he has any comments about the recent major quest...

One of dialogue options - "About our night together"...

ENFORCED HOMOSEXUALITY IS HERE!

This is entirely a result of them implementing this in the laziest way humanly possible, because basically the romantic sequence is triggered purely by the amount of approval you have gained. There are no dialog options you have to go through to make it start, and no way to forstall it. Yes you can be an asshole to him which makes you lose approval, but that's just an indirect consequence of just being an asshole and approval from him can come really fast if you are at all good aligned, which most people probably are.

It's really mind boggling how pathetically lazy this is. If you are at all trying to make your NPCs happy, and most people like to do that in genral, it means ALL the NPCs will eventually try to come on to you, which means if you are a male, all the male NPCs will be faggots, where as if you are female, all the female NPCs will be lesbians, and it gets even more absurd because the romantic sequences are gated behind the druid quest, Hasilin or Haslin whatever his name is. So what happens is that you can gain a lot of approval before getting to that point, you get past the event that unlocks romances, go back to camp and suddenly ALL of them want to fuck you.

Also, there's no rejecting them. If you tell Gale to fuck off, he will shut up for a time, but gain enough approval and he'll try again because the romance is going to automatically trigger no matter what. Your choices aren't taken into account because the trigger is not the amount of approval you have, but what you gained. So you reject him once, earn the same amount of approval that triggered the romantic attempt the first time, and he'll try again. And the reason it is always Gale and not the others that do this is that he is the easiest NPC to get approval with.

It's really incredible just how bad this system is. I couldn't have come up with a worst way to do this myself even if i tried.

Approval tweaks does the same without locking you out of content.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
View attachment 40021

It's over boys. Swen is buying yachts and the finest belgian hookers.

Meanwhile BioWare:

:thisisfine:
Lol, have you seen the leaked gameplay from Dreadwolf? :lol: They must be in full panic mode.
The hilarity of the situation. Bioware was the first to tell isometric rpgs were a thing of the past.
Karma is a bitch.

Coming from Lucas Arts Adventure Games and Diablo 1/2, I grew up on Bioware games (BG1, 2 and NWN) and it is heartbreaking to see what this company has "evolved" too.
The whole Anthem thing is something that should be teached in classes for developers. DA:O was their last descent game (in my book. I heard ME is passable, but I'm not a huge scifi fan).

Self-Ejected

“You engage as little as you need to, and then you wonder why you’re not getting back what you had when you engaged more.”

Lol not surprised the (maybe) chick enjoys watching Josh Strife Hayes, the handsome, eloquent, British Muay Thai fighter that enjoys talking about game design/philosophy.

That being said he's absolutely correct and is actually spitting facts here. He has decent content sometimes but I dislike how surface level he seems to get into certain games. He enjoys OSRS and plays it, but I've yet to see him do any high level PvM. Same can be said about the other MMOs he plays. The new player experience is important and I can understand being a casual gamer, but you if you never do high level content, you're creating a major blind spot.

That is not even mentioning the fact that he was hyping up D:OS2 which seems to be a shit cRPG based off of the Codex's impressions as well as my first few hours with the game.

When it comes to Codex this days you have to learn to filter gamers from scandal whores so opinions on game in the Codex as a site are not really reliable to make a decision giving that here we have more people interested in outrage rather than games.

Dos2 was far from perfect tho the DOS games are responsable to lit the sparkle for other titles coming. BG3 despite the flaws because it has flaws as well to me is the best crpg released in a lot of time and i have more fun to play it than the originals and believe i love the originals.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron

When it comes to Codex this days you have to learn to filter gamers from scandal whores so opinions on game in the Codex as a site are not really reliable to make a decision giving that here we have more people interested in outrage rather than games.

Dos2 was far from perfect tho the DOS games are responsable to lit the sparkle for other titles coming. BG3 despite the flaws because it has flaws as well to me is the best crpg released in a lot of time and i have more fun to play it than the originals and believe i love the originals.

Rate the following games for me in rough order of how good you think they are. Help me filter out what kind of gamer you are.

Underrail
Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate II
Age of Decadence
Disco Elysium
Planescape: Torment
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Icewind Dale
Arcanum
Fallout
Pillars of Eternity
Fallout 2
Fallout: New Vegas
ATOM RPG

Last edited:
Suspension of disbelief is the avoidance—often described as willing—of critical thinking and logic in understanding something that is unreal or impossible in reality, such as something in a work of speculative fiction, in order to believe it for the sake of enjoying its narrative.

This 5e shit is pushing passed the suspension of disbelief. It's just too bloated and not focused. We're mixing high fantasy, fairy tales, cthulu shit, sci if. Throwing too much shit at the wall

That's post-modernism. Couldn't get it it up to come up with anything new so wallowing in all the old shit at once.

That is what I hate about all modern D&D and most RPG games in general is that they all feel they have to be so epic and dramatic all the time. I really enjoyed more 'grounded' D&D games that I played when I first encountered D&D back in the early 80's. Its funny to talk about orcs and magic swords and dwarfs and a little hidden cave with goblins as being 'grounded' because our parents would have thought we were doing something really fantastic and out there...but now if you made something like that people would say its 'boring' probably.

Had to roll my eyes at the very powerful +1 Morning-star with +1 damage even when you miss costing like 149 gold, and some other super powerful hand crossbow with powerful unlocked skills being 124 gold or something. In the original AD&D games those would have been around 5000-8000 gold. Everything is dumbed down and soft and ghey. I do like the game, but it does also annoy me...its hard to explain..modern design is REALLY fucking decline, like in 10 years shits going to be unplayable.

Last edited:

Eisenheinrich

Scholar

Have you encountered any cringe while typing that? The involuntary soul striptease some chumps perform here ... mind boggling.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Check how many people finished the game yet and then again in 6 months.

E: Apparently nobody has finished the game on Tactician and 1.1% have finished it at all yet.
Some streamers finished game on Tactician, and complained why Hope exploded in combat when she used certain stuff.
I see two streamers that are doing solo on Tactician. One with rogue, the other with Monk.

Self-Ejected

Rate the following games for me in rough order of how good you think they are. Help me filter out what kind of gamer you are.

Underrail
Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate II
Age of Decadence
Disco Elysium
Planescape: Torment
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Icewind Dale
Disco Elysium
Arcanum
Fallout
Pillars of Eternity
Fallout 2
Fallout: New Vegas
ATOM RPG

Planescape Torment.
Arcanum.
Baldours gate saga.
Icewind dale.
Fallout 2
Fallout New Vegas.
Fallout.
Divinity Original Sin 2

In this order the ones except in the list you mentioned i never played/interested on

Games i found meh:
Pillars of eternity (good premise but the ending foreved ruined my fascination with the setting)
Underrail: Amazing exploration however i found the combat sometimes unfair sometimes just meh.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron

Have you encountered any cringe while typing that? The involuntary soul striptease some chumps perform here ... mind boggling.
This retard has obviously never heard of hyperbole meant for comedic intent. I suppose when someone says it's hot as hell outside you lock all your doors too?

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy

E: Apparently nobody has finished the game on Tactician and 1.1% have finished it at all yet.
Some streamers finished game on Tactician, and complained why Hope exploded in combat when she used certain stuff.
I see two streamers that are doing solo on Tactician. One with rogue, the other with Monk.
Why are you watching streamers

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

Why are you watching streamers
It took me 3 days to download it. What should I do? Should I bitch more in thread about war on Ukraine?

Darkwind

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Who is he talking to?
Probably answered to someone in the chat. But what he said is very interesting.

1691970144080.png

Does anyone know whose Troon alt account this is? They are popping up with fucking alarming frequency here on the 'Dex.

We are being flooded with "Tee-Hee of course I'm female silly!" troon sock puppets, its like a reddit invasion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom