Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
Quick sale button for trash.
Not sure if you already know, but you can add items to Wares, and then sell wares to merchants at once. Although it would be nice to have an automated button.

Good to know. You still have to put everything in there manually. Button would be incline.

MerchantKing

Learned
Aliens in fantasy setting is indeed incredibly retarded. I'm no D&D lore expert but it's just retarded to have space ships in a fantasy setting. This 5e world seems way too bloated and could use a lot more focus.

Demons are cool tho. I wish they would lean more into the religious aspect of the world. Paladins don't really feel like holy crusaders for example. And you shouldn't be able to fuck everything that moves as a Paladin
Aside from the aforementioned Spelljammer campaign setting, released in 1989 with many supplements over the next few years, and adventure module S3 Expedition to the Barrier Peaks from 1981, there is also Supplement II: Blackmoor from original Dungeons & Dragons, published in 1975, which included the sample adventure Temple of the Frog:

The High Priest of the Temple of the Frog
Traditionally this role was voted to the most influential member of the "Inner Circle" of the brothers. It is now held by a usurper, Stephen the Rock. This fellow is not from the world of Blackmoor at all, but rather he is an intelligent humanoid from another world/dimension. Originally, he and his compatriots were sent to the area to police it against incursions of similar beings, for it was discovered that a dimensional nexus point existed in this area that allowed such possibilities. He assumed leadership of the Temple in order to have a base of power, for he now seeks glory and personal gain, with as little personal risk as possible. When the team was intact this self-seeking would have been checked, but with the death of all but the creature now posing as the commander of the guards, loyal to the High Priest and also power-oriented, most restraints are gone. Once each year the High Priest must report to a hovering satellite station, giving details of what has transpired below, and turning over any powerful "artifacts" taken during the previous time period.

This sample was later expanded upon by Dave Arneson and David Ritchie into adventure module DA2 The Temple of the Frog, published for BECMI D&D in 1986, which was followed by DA3 The City of the Gods:
da2.jpg
da3.jpg
s3first.jpg

It's posts like these making the codex worthwile.
That's because Zed is a true scholar.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Need some help with end-game boss fights (since I'm lazy).

It's the Gortash fight. I'm just curious if there is another way to him besides going through the audience hall. The enemies don't seem so tough, but the turrets and grenades are a pain in the behind. Robots I have deactivated by blowing up their factory.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Gortash looks like he belongs in a Final Fantasy game

Actually no, he looks like someone's dad cosplaying a FF character

N'wah

Novice
Gortash looks like he belongs in a Final Fantasy game

Actually no, he looks like someone's dad cosplaying a FF character
How the Noctis hair got past QA I don't know. Just adds to the absurdity which is the final 1/3 of the game.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
:negative: :negative::negative:

I avoided Gale as much as I could. Just refused any weird invitations from him.

Now I approached him to see if he has any comments about the recent major quest...

One of dialogue options - "About our night together"...

ENFORCED HOMOSEXUALITY IS HERE!

This is entirely a result of them implementing this in the laziest way humanly possible, because basically the romantic sequence is triggered purely by the amount of approval you have gained. There are no dialog options you have to go through to make it start, and no way to forstall it. Yes you can be an asshole to him which makes you lose approval, but that's just an indirect consequence of just being an asshole and approval from him can come really fast if you are at all good aligned, which most people probably are.

It's really mind boggling how pathetically lazy this is. If you are at all trying to make your NPCs happy, and most people like to do that in genral, it means ALL the NPCs will eventually try to come on to you, which means if you are a male, all the male NPCs will be faggots, where as if you are female, all the female NPCs will be lesbians, and it gets even more absurd because the romantic sequences are gated behind the druid quest, Hasilin or Haslin whatever his name is. So what happens is that you can gain a lot of approval before getting to that point, you get past the event that unlocks romances, go back to camp and suddenly ALL of them want to fuck you.

Also, there's no rejecting them. If you tell Gale to fuck off, he will shut up for a time, but gain enough approval and he'll try again because the romance is going to automatically trigger no matter what. Your choices aren't taken into account because the trigger is not the amount of approval you have, but what you gained. So you reject him once, earn the same amount of approval that triggered the romantic attempt the first time, and he'll try again. And the reason it is always Gale and not the others that do this is that he is the easiest NPC to get approval with.

It's really incredible just how bad this system is. I couldn't have come up with a worst way to do this myself even if i tried.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Lots and lots of people itt haven't finished Act 1 yet so are still in the honeymoon phase it seems.

It's really once you reach endgame and start wondering about the branching (and the lol-tier story) that things start falling apart.

Honestly, for 90% of the 50 hours I spent on it, this game was really good. Way better than I expected.

I mean, I expected it to be shit. :P

It's the Gortash fight. I'm just curious if there is another way to him besides going through the audience hall. The enemies don't seem so tough, but the turrets and grenades are a pain in the behind. Robots I have deactivated by blowing up their factory.

If you kill Orin first you can get him to show up in the endgame without any bodyguards (lol) and gank him there.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath

Those fights are a joke you can throw the grenades to blow up the machines and gortash.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Check how many people finished the game yet and then again in 6 months.

E: Apparently nobody has finished the game on Tactician and 1.1% have finished it at all yet.

Hagashager

Educated
Aliens in fantasy setting is indeed incredibly retarded. I'm no D&D lore expert but it's just retarded to have space ships in a fantasy setting. This 5e world seems way too bloated and could use a lot more focus.

Demons are cool tho. I wish they would lean more into the religious aspect of the world. Paladins don't really feel like holy crusaders for example. And you shouldn't be able to fuck everything that moves as a Paladin
Aside from the aforementioned Spelljammer campaign setting, released in 1989 with many supplements over the next few years, and adventure module S3 Expedition to the Barrier Peaks from 1981, there is also Supplement II: Blackmoor from original Dungeons & Dragons, published in 1975, which included the sample adventure Temple of the Frog:

The High Priest of the Temple of the Frog
Traditionally this role was voted to the most influential member of the "Inner Circle" of the brothers. It is now held by a usurper, Stephen the Rock. This fellow is not from the world of Blackmoor at all, but rather he is an intelligent humanoid from another world/dimension. Originally, he and his compatriots were sent to the area to police it against incursions of similar beings, for it was discovered that a dimensional nexus point existed in this area that allowed such possibilities. He assumed leadership of the Temple in order to have a base of power, for he now seeks glory and personal gain, with as little personal risk as possible. When the team was intact this self-seeking would have been checked, but with the death of all but the creature now posing as the commander of the guards, loyal to the High Priest and also power-oriented, most restraints are gone. Once each year the High Priest must report to a hovering satellite station, giving details of what has transpired below, and turning over any powerful "artifacts" taken during the previous time period.

This sample was later expanded upon by Dave Arneson and David Ritchie into adventure module DA2 The Temple of the Frog, published for BECMI D&D in 1986, which was followed by DA3 The City of the Gods:
da2.jpg
da3.jpg
s3first.jpg
People who are against sci fi elements in their fantasy fiction are retards and should read Jack Vance.
A B S O L U T E L Y B A S E D

you, sir, are the winner of this thread. You won, you are all that matters.

Yes, every mouth-breathing retard in this thread should read Jack Vance, starting with The Dying Earth.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
:negative: :negative::negative:

I avoided Gale as much as I could. Just refused any weird invitations from him.

Now I approached him to see if he has any comments about the recent major quest...

One of dialogue options - "About our night together"...

ENFORCED HOMOSEXUALITY IS HERE!

This is entirely a result of them implementing this in the laziest way humanly possible, because basically the romantic sequence is triggered purely by the amount of approval you have gained. There are no dialog options you have to go through to make it start, and no way to forstall it. Yes you can be an asshole to him which makes you lose approval, but that's just an indirect consequence of just being an asshole and approval from him can come really fast if you are at all good aligned, which most people probably are.

It's really mind boggling how pathetically lazy this is. If you are at all trying to make your NPCs happy, and most people like to do that in genral, it means ALL the NPCs will eventually try to come on to you, which means if you are a male, all the male NPCs will be faggots, where as if you are female, all the female NPCs will be lesbians, and it gets even more absurd because the romantic sequences are gated behind the druid quest, Hasilin or Haslin whatever his name is. So what happens is that you can gain a lot of approval before getting to that point, you get past the event that unlocks romances, go back to camp and suddenly ALL of them want to fuck you.

Also, there's no rejecting them. If you tell Gale to fuck off, he will shut up for a time, but gain enough approval and he'll try again because the romance is going to automatically trigger no matter what. Your choices aren't taken into account because the trigger is not the amount of approval you have, but what you gained. So you reject him once, earn the same amount of approval that triggered the romantic attempt the first time, and he'll try again. And the reason it is always Gale and not the others that do this is that he is the easiest NPC to get approval with.

It's really incredible just how bad this system is. I couldn't have come up with a worst way to do this myself even if i tried.

Nigger, you're in your 40's.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
1691967384604.png

It's over boys. Swen is buying yachts and the finest belgian hookers.

Meanwhile BioWare:

:thisisfine:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom