Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Elthosian

Arcane
What level were you when entering act 2? I entered at level 4 and it said "you're severely underlevelled and your experience will be lamentable" or something like this. I did ALL ACT 1 CONTENT, there was nothing else I could do.
Pissed me off that they balanced it like this. This is a monorail game, make sure I'm okay on XP no matter how I do your quests.
Upon entering Act 2, the undead fight is crazy difficult. I had to cheese with barrelmancy, exploded 5 of them.
Bad experience.
Is impossible you did all the act 1 content and you are just level 4 i did everything in act one and i was 6 almost 7
There is a lot of hidden stuff around this game wants you to explore.
Yeah, I have barely touched the underground areas and the goblin camp and I'm halfway toward level 5 despite having installed the mod that increases EXP requirements per level by 20%.

Sounds like a "not checking enough cellars" issue.

AwesomeButton I think it was you who mentioned you can easily go through the game without romantic interactions. I mostly agree but I've noticed that if you go for a few hours getting approval from a party member without going to rest you can skip rest interactions early on where you can make it clear that you're not interested. Happened to me once with Astarion. I did a quest, saved, got an specific event, then decided to load a savegame from an hour before, rested and got a totally different event. IMO they should have let the events "stack" instead of having a single active event at a time that gets overwritten if you don't trigger it early enough.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
Still too bright and colorful.

I remember when people round here gave PoE shit for being "depressive and dour". Can't please anyone, especially around here. As fas as I remember you quite cherished the lighthearted sense of adventure.

I criticized Pillars for being too depressive myself but this is just going in the opposite extreme.

What have been your thoughts about Deadfire then?

None

Arbiter

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

I remember when people round here gave PoE shit for being "depressive and dour". Can't please anyone, especially around here. As fas as I remember you quite cherished the lighthearted sense of adventure.

I criticized Pillars for being too depressive myself but this is just going in the opposite extreme.

Never got that far. I quit Pillars and didn't finish it because i jumped on Elden Ring instead lmao.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar

Never got that far. I quit Pillars and didn't finish it because i jumped on Elden Ring instead lmao.

Fair. Maybe give it a try someday. I will play KotC2 instead.

That said, while being a shithead, you're still one of the more reasonable shitheads here. At least not a total sperg.

Elthosian

Arcane
The gameplay is great : Turn-based + D&D + Larian elements system is a good combo.
Pure incline over rtwp trash.
The most significant incline in this game is that all the bitching about barrelmancy forced them to design actually good levels with multiple paths and plenty of unique encounters, I'm having a lot of fun. Sure, they had a lot it from the lore but it feels really good to know they took the time to design enemies specifically for encounters that you might as well not stumble upon during your playthrough. Feels like playing UnderRail all over again.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Yesss! I have finally reached act two! After over 60h of gameplay! This is a long game. Good.
You subhumans have lost any right to complain about trannies and nig nogz in video games embrace the goyslop there is plenty more where that came from.

Jesus Christ shut the fuck up already you utter moron.

9IPyOGy.png
Put in your ass nigger me pwning your tranny game makes you feel bad? GOOD FAGGOT.
welp.png

Feels good to be winners. :P

I like how Mebs ignores that CS Go has more players playing. She certainly is "special".

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
After all this degenerate talk, lets move on to more important topics.

How is camera and controls on pc? (That was actually really good with Dragon Age: Origins)

Some people have complained regarding the camera, I had no problems so far, for me its been on the smooth side.

How are mage battles? (In BG2 you have to control your entire party at once in the heat of battle)

Nothing like what you would expect there in act 1 so far. No idea if thats something to bear with in act 2 or 3

How good is c&c?

Reactivity is excellent but it's either more about local outcomes or companions. Don't expect big changes to the main story beats

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Evolve PR guy pissed at IGN for proclaiming BG3 as new standard for AAA games:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGat.../?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
The sad part is that this game isn't inherently exceptional imo. It is look a good buffet, consistently at or above average. That this is somehow threatening to any devs/studios just tells me to stay away, but I've already known that about Turtle Rock.

Nah, it's very good. Asset dense, richly interactive. npc voice and animation work far above what we've seen from bioware or even CDPR's Witcher 3. Whatever animation blending they're doing is tremendous, they could prolly sell that technology if it's all in-house work.

Chatting to tons of deadites and animals with scrolls/spells etc.

That gnoll birth was gloriously excessive, just tremendous.

I'm still in act 1 though so I'm fully expecting it to go to pot, but that's to be expected. Shit has got to release at some point, and I won't begrudge anyone wanting to see the back of a 6yr project... Fuck that.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
:negative: :negative::negative:

I avoided Gale as much as I could. Just refused any weird invitations from him.

Now I approached him to see if he has any comments about the recent major quest...

One of dialogue options - "About our night together"...

ENFORCED HOMOSEXUALITY IS HERE!

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

Now I approached him to see if he has any comments about the recent major quest...

I have no simpathy as you chose to consume it....

N'wah

Novice
Shame they didn't hire intimacy coordinators for the writers to teach them how actual human beings speak to each other.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

You got magic ruffied lol,check your arse if it is stretched or not.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Yesss! I have finally reached act two! After over 60h of gameplay! This is a long game. Good.
You subhumans have lost any right to complain about trannies and nig nogz in video games embrace the goyslop there is plenty more where that came from.
I mean this shit is never going to stop. Culture is only getting more and more pozzed. I like video games so dont have much of a choice
(It’s already passé and was dialed back during development of this game itself. Most of what is left is perfunctory. May well be too late in any event and we’ll be on to Bollywood games or whatever soon enough)

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath

I have no simpathy as you chose to consume it....

Sodomy is a fair price for the ability to throw goblins kids into a fire from large heights.

Zayne

Scholar
When Lae'zel hits on you, you can simply say "no thanks" and she'll be like "your loss, ghaikh". And you'll never talk about it again. Karlach is "Oh, I wonder if there's someone around to sleep with *wink wink*".

But with Gale and Emperor you suddenly get into romantic scenes, which make you feel uncomfortable and you can say "no thanks" only in the end of that uncomfortable scene, but not in the beginning.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom