Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Self-Ejected
welp.png

welp
had any singleplayer game retain such player count for over a week
a tactical turn based singleplayer game no less
Amazingly Incline!

ArchAngel

Arcane
No, now I am even more confused. So who is that Illithid? And who is the main villain?
So there are only 4 companions in addition to 6 origin characters?
6R1tcBd.jpg

You get all of these as your camp henchmen + our friends from BG2 and either a choice of a Drow paladin or a Druid. Anyone you don't choose is in the game. Get ready for silliness though.

The reason you aren't under the control of the elder brain is because Baldur as in the hero Baldur is a mind flayer his dragon friend broke him free of mindflayer control Shadowheart has an artifact that Baldur can use to disrupt the tadpole in your brain so you do not transform or become a thrall of the elder brain. This artifact is powered by Zerthimons son or something, he's a super powerful badass who is kept in stasis. The evil three have champions that are using the elder brain to do some generic bad guy shit just kill and control everyone. They are doing this with a powerful netherese artifact are you a bad enough dude to kill them and take their control gems and destroy the elder brain?
Ok, you are confusing me even more.
So Balduran that made Baldur's Gate is Illithid? The one from the start of the game or some other? He turned into Illithid from his human form at some point? Isn't tadpole supposed to erase your original memories and turn you into full Illithid? And your character is Bhaalspawn even with Bhaal being alive again?!

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
How did you manage to do it in 5h?! DId you only do main quest? Do not tell me game also has level scaling for shit like this?

I wanted to test c&c and how much branching there really was in the game, so I just threw on cheats and nuked each combat encounter.

Unfortunately, what I discovered was there isn't really as much branching as you would assume, and basically 100% of it is in the first two acts.

Goldschmidt

Learned
After all this degenerate talk, lets move on to more important topics.

How is camera and controls on pc? (That was actually really good with Dragon Age: Origins)
How are mage battles? (In BG2 you have to control your entire party at once in the heat of battle)
How good is c&c?

Or do I need to wait for Crispy's review?

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
I was around level 5 or 6 I think, have you done everything in the underdark?
Uh, what Underdark? Huh?
At the temple where the Goblin camp is there's side door in the room that priestess Gut takes you to to try and kill you that eventually leads to the Underdark. There are a bunch of quests there and a lot of XP to be had (plus it's one of the coolest areas in the game and you shouldn't miss it even if it's optional).

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
Yesss! I have finally reached act two! After over 60h of gameplay! This is a long game. Good.
You subhumans have lost any right to complain about trannies and nig nogz in video games embrace the goyslop there is plenty more where that came from.

Jesus Christ shut the fuck up already you utter moron.

NSFW:

9IPyOGy.png

Last edited by a moderator:

ArchAngel

Arcane
How did you manage to do it in 5h?! DId you only do main quest? Do not tell me game also has level scaling for shit like this?

I wanted to test c&c and how much branching there really was in the game, so I just threw on cheats and nuked each combat encounter.

Unfortunately, what I discovered was there isn't really as much branching as you would assume, and basically 100% of it is in the first two acts.
So like as expected Owlcat made better cRPG with much less money with WotR?

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

So like expected Owlcat made better cRPG with much less money with WotR?
TURENDELEV! Has anyone seen....TURENDELEV

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
The Dead Three gods have 3 physical avatars/champions. They managed to capture an Elder Brain (a mind control network), and control it. Using it, they are building their own army the same way illithid usually do, through modified tadpoles. The brain is called The Absolute, or so it seems where I'm at in the story. The ones that will be officers in the army are Chosen Souls, seems to be rivalry between these. You are a Chosen Soul, however you also have a gith artifact near you, which prevents you from being properly mind controlled.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine

ArchAngel

Arcane
The Dead Three gods have 3 physical avatars/champions. They managed to capture an Elder Brain (a mind control network), and control it. Using it, they are building their own army the same way illithid usually do, through modified tadpoles. The brain is called The Absolute, or so it seems where I'm at in the story. The ones that will be officers in the army are Chosen Souls, seems to be rivalry between these. You are a Chosen Soul, however you also have a gith artifact near you, which prevents you from being properly mind controlled.
Why would you get Chosen if you do not know about it?! This shit worked with being Bhaalspawn, it does not work with this shit..
EDIT: And why does Elmister show up and tell you nothing about any of this..
And other companions with tadpoles, they were just there randomly or they are also "Chosen" ?

Self-Ejected
Yesss! I have finally reached act two! After over 60h of gameplay! This is a long game. Good.
You subhumans have lost any right to complain about trannies and nig nogz in video games embrace the goyslop there is plenty more where that came from.

Jesus Christ shut the fuck up already you utter moron.

9IPyOGy.png
Put in your ass nigger me pwning your tranny game makes you feel bad? GOOD FAGGOT.
welp.png

Feels good to be winners. :P

None

Arbiter
Is it possible to go to other locations using the waypoints? I can't find how to switch locations.
Should be a list of waypoints on the right hand side of the map screen. Unless you mean to different maps, which I'm not sure if that is possible as I haven't gotten that far yet.

ArchAngel

Arcane
EDIT: And why does Elmister show up and tell you nothing about any of this..
He tells you to blow up the thing. And, if you rush forward and skip everything, you can do that in under an hour, and you get a GAME OVER right there, in Act II.
I have seen some sequence where he tells Gale needs to use some item and sacrifice himself or some shit. He does not give any info about Chosen and shit. He showed up in both BG1 and BG2 and didn't have problems talking about prophecy and bhaalspawn

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Still too bright and colorful.

I remember when people round here gave PoE shit for being "depressive and dour". Can't please anyone, especially around here. As fas as I remember you quite cherished the lighthearted sense of adventure.

I criticized Pillars for being too depressive myself but this is just going in the opposite extreme.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom