Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
What level were you when entering act 2? I entered at level 4 and it said "you're severely underlevelled and your experience will be lamentable" or something like this. I did ALL ACT 1 CONTENT, there was nothing else I could do.
Pissed me off that they balanced it like this. This is a monorail game, it's supposed to make sure I'm okay on XP no matter how I do your quests.
Upon entering Act 2, the undead fight is crazy difficult. I had to cheese with barrelmancy, exploded 5 of them.
Bad experience.
I was around level 5 or 6 I think, have you done everything in the underdark? If you're talking about that undead fight in the mountain pass that is overtuned though, the rest of the mountain pass isn't as hard

Kiste

Augur
What level were you when entering act 2? I entered at level 4 and it said "you're severely underlevelled and your experience will be lamentable" or something like this. I did ALL ACT 1 CONTENT, there was nothing else I could do.

Level 6,5 for me. Explore the Underdark, if you're underleveled.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
BG3 is the Marvel movie of cRPGs.

It is a big budget version of a popular iteration of an IP that's older than most people on this forum. It's highly polished (besides bugs, which tbh, are expected), is very cinematic, and appeals to broad audiences.

It's success is practically guaranteed unless they fucked it up, which they didn't.

After having played through the entire game twice (second one was a five-hour speedrun), I'll try to be objective and say that it is a very competently made game, but with massive flaws that make it specifically unlikable for codexers.

The top three being poor writing (Larian, so it's expected), brain-dead companions and surprisingly, being very railroady.

Darkwind

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Pissed me off that they balanced it like this. This is a monorail game, it's supposed to make sure I'm okay on XP no matter how I do your quests.
Upon entering Act 2, the undead fight is crazy difficult. I had to cheese with barrelmancy, exploded 5 of them.
Bad experience.

I fucked this up, almost, myself. I took the Mountain Pass, completely bypassing the Underdark. HUGE mistake, thankfully, I backtracked. The Underdark of Act 1 is enormous if you complete it and then take the Mountain Pass you'll be deep into Level 5 possibly 6.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Someone alluded to it but here is the scene where astarion makes an accurate observation about your party:

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Bad experience.
I was at level 5, still haven't done all the side quests. May save them for 2nd playthrough instead.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
Yesss! I have finally reached act two! After over 60h of gameplay! This is a long game. Good.
You subhumans have lost any right to complain about trannies and nig nogz in video games embrace the goyslop there is plenty more where that came from.
I mean this shit is never going to stop. Culture is only getting more and more pozzed. I like video games so dont have much of a choice

Russia is over. The end.

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Is impossible you did all the act 1 content and you are just level 4 i did everything in act one and i was 6 almost 7
There is a lot of hidden stuff around this game wants you to explore.
No, I just did it mostly by killing shit and failing quests naturally without reloading, when it happened.
E.g. the shipment quest I failed by opening it before I even received the quest, so I didn't know.
I explored every nook and cranny and killed all antagonists.
The only quest I turned down was in relation to that tiefling NPC being chased by the church, cause I figure let them. I killed all other tieflings anyway.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Yesss! I have finally reached act two! After over 60h of gameplay! This is a long game. Good.
You subhumans have lost any right to complain about trannies and nig nogz in video games embrace the goyslop there is plenty more where that came from.
I mean this shit is never going to stop. Culture is only getting more and more pozzed. I like video games so dont have much of a choice

Sure you do. It's play the old ones and don't buy the new ones. You are feeding your own demise. You are like a locust now in that you must connnnnsssssuuuuuuuummmmm product.

Ryzer

Arcane
As far as I remember, Westerners always considered Slavs as subhuman too.
You're talking to one of your Polish comrades, most Westerners always considered Slavs as conservative and respectuous. It's a cliché.
This forum is not reality.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
I did ALL ACT 1 CONTENT, there was nothing else I could do.

Yeah, that seems highly unlikely. I haven't finished half the Underdark map nor the Hag Quest or swamp area when I reached lvl 5 and I did not resolve everything by fighting.
Something is off here.

ArchAngel

Arcane
BG3 is the Marvel movie of cRPGs.

It is a big budget version of a popular iteration of an IP that's older than most people on this forum. It's highly polished (besides bugs, which tbh, are expected), is very cinematic, and appeals to broad audiences.

It's success is practically guaranteed unless they fucked it up, which they didn't.

After having played through the entire game twice (second one was a five-hour speedrun), I'll try to be objective and say that it is a very competently made game, but with massive flaws that make it specifically unlikable for codexers.

The top three being poor writing (Larian, so it's expected), brain-dead companions and surprisingly, being very railroady.
How did you manage to do it in 5h?! DId you only do main quest? Do not tell me game also has level scaling for shit like this?

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
getting baited = low iq
s m h

D-damnit in retrospect he was only pretending to be retarded and I took the bait. Shameful display on my part.

To be fair there are actual homosexuals and troons shitposting here like that and I just replied to one of them. Honest mistake could have happened to anyone.

Robber Baron

Savant
welp.png

welp
had any singleplayer game retain such player count for over a week after release
a tactical turn based singleplayer game no less

Kiste

Augur
845,086 nigger, faggot and tranny lovers pwning your alt-right codex crusader ass.

pwnedtei52.jpg

The West has fallen.

:mixedemotions:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom