Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Sunri

Liturgist
Pierre sends his regards!

kotc2.png
Ngl, I would watch a video of BG3 normies trying to play KotC, it would be funny af
It would be funny if anyone played his games

LQ2eOCi.png

Latro

Arcane

kotc2.png
Ngl, I would watch a video of BG3 normies trying to play KotC, it would be funny af

LQ2eOCi.png
It's interesting that on average less than 1 person plays it. As far as I can see, even autistic people from Codex don't play it.
It’s a single player rpg and the early backers got the exe directly from Pierre rather than steam

Shaki

Arbiter

kotc2.png

LQ2eOCi.png
Greatest games are like high art, you don't "play" with it, you just buy it, stuff it somewhere in a dark basement so it's protected from light and eyes of the unworthy, and enjoy being better and more sophisticated than plebs, because you own it.

Rhobar121

Scholar
I wonder why Swen hasn't published the sales results yet.
The game certainly sold very well, so there is no reason to hide it and they could use it to promote the PS5 version.

Hagashager

Educated
Dependant on tobacco/alcohol abuse. If they are clean, they age like east asians: uncertain age between 20 and 50, and then polymorph into deep gnomes at 51.
YES! I live basically in a Russian ghetto. I'm surrounded by Orcs and this is exactly it. The females are hot when young and still very presentable as MILFs and then suddenly they transform into horrendous harpies that are not even remotely reasonable to look at. I'm always amazed how that works.
Its the same wizard that visits men when they turn 33 and casts curses on their knees and back. The distance between "best shape of my life" and "better do some stretches before i move this chair" is literally 24 hours.
It's unsettling how accurate this is.

The very next morning after my 30th birthday I woke up with chronic pain in my shoulders and knees that has never gone away. Two years out and it's just a fact of life now.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Murder Tribunal spoiler:
Sarevoks pose... what a perfect metaphor.
2023-08-23-1850-1.png

Hands covering his face in shame, legs open, something forced into his butt possibly.
He wasn't exactly a shakespearean character, but he also wasn't some generic bhaal cultist, what the fuck.

Sunri

Liturgist
Murder Tribunal spoiler:
2023-08-23-1850-1.png

Hands covering his face in shame, legs open, something forced into his butt possibly.
He wasn't exactly a shakespearean character, but he also wasn't some generic bhaal cultist, what the fuck.
He is a grandpa now give him some slack

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Murder Tribunal spoiler:
2023-08-23-1850-1.png

He looks like he's mocaping one of the edgier Illusion games.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So I killed Ketheric.

Lesbian love endures.

Halsin told me he is glad to be had.

An elven man in a red dress told me "You'd make a fine fist!" and frolicked away without further explanation.

And I haven't even spoken to Withers yet. And Gale has an exclamation mark above his head...

Barbarian

Arcane
Murder Tribunal spoiler:
2023-08-23-1850-1.png

He looks like he's mocaping one of the edgier Illusion games.

How is he even alive after so long.

I know he is basically a nigh undead semiwraith living on the fragment of a soul, but still. And having kids and grandkids? Why even.

Even wearing the same helmet and armor from the first game. As if he hasn't learned anything or changed at all after all that happened. They completely took a dump on his redemption arc and moody endings he had in ToB

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Even wearing the same helmet and armor from the first game. As if he hasn't learned anything or changed at all after all that happened. They completely took a dump on his redemption arc and moody endings he had in ToB
There was some Wizards book about the Baldur's Gate characters, and he was in it I think he was a homeless junke and went back into Bhaal worship.
So its not Larian changing the plot, they are following up from that one book.

Barbarian

Arcane
There was some Wizards book about the Baldur's Gate characters, and he was in it I think he was a homeless junke and went back into Bhaal worship.

Wasn't it established that that BS was noncanonical fanfiction despite being published by Wotc? Afaik larian itself didn't follow up on some of the shitty writeups on that for other returning characters.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

Wasn't it established that that BS was noncanonical fanfic despite being published by Wotc?
It was established people at Larian have read it. Someone was tweeting about it.
No idea if it was taken, but its a possible reason for why that guy was in that place wearing those clothes doing that job.

Hagashager

Educated
I am genuinely flabbergasted at that book's existence and the damage it has done. I keep getting gaslit into thinking it's not real, it's not canon, it's in the dustbin of history then WHAM, shit gets brought back up as the excuse for why the latest piece of Baldur's Gate city lore is as scuffed as it is.

Shit's canon man! The book is real man! They lied to us man!

Shaki

Arbiter

Wasn't it established that that BS was noncanonical fanfic despite being published by Wotc?
It was established people at Larian have read it. Someone was tweeting about it.
7-man cuck squad strikes again

Barbarian

Arcane

No idea if it was taken, but its a possible reason for why that guy was in that place wearing those clothes doing that job.

Some of the crap in there would have been even worse if they had followed up on it.

Imagine Imoen showing up as a vampire randomly. Irenicus and Bodhi are still alive somehow even. Though you are right that both Viconia and Sarevok seem to have been brought back on that basis, which was utter shite - both remaining one dimensional villains ignoring all changes some players uptook.

Takamori

Learned
I'd be more inclined to not shit on Sarevok if his encounter was like really well done. But given it took 2 turns to nuke him, it just made me wonder what the fuck happened.
Yeah got some sweet loot thats it oh yeah previous bg badass.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
But given it took 2 turns to nuke him
Sounds like you minmaxed the fun out of your game.
He has 3 spirits, you saw them. Each of them dying gives him a different boost. If you talked your way past the guards, they enter the fight behind you too.
In my game, he started with some "legendary resistance", which was +20 to the next saving throw I think? And a spirit cast Sanctuary on him too. So he lasted a bit, as I didn't know the mechanics and killed off the spirits, buffing him further. He had maybe 30 AC.

Barbarian

Arcane
I'd be more inclined to not shit on Sarevok if his encounter was like really well done. But given it took 2 turns to nuke him, it just made me wonder what the fuck happened.
Yeah got some sweet loot thats it oh yeah previous bg badass.

Literal main antagonist of the first game. Dude really deserved more respect.

Though the best treatment for him would probably be some note or book of his antihero roaming as in ToB ending. He became something of a wandering warrior getting involved in wars and adventures in search of feeling fully alive again if I remember correctly. Should have gotten a glorious death facing off against a dragon or demigod somewhere.

Instead dude is inexplicably back to his old self and reduced to being a popamole miniboss playing second fiddle to his granddaughter(wtf).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom