Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

MerchantKing

Learned
The respec system seems like a big mistake on the part of Larian. No more sticking to a build until the end of the game like you would in a real rpg. Just pay a character a trivial amount of gold which is pretty retarded. Respec is a disgusting casualization feature.

Self-Ejected
The respec system seems like a big mistake on the part of Larian. No more sticking to a build until the end of the game like you would in a real rpg. Just pay a character a trivial amount of gold which is pretty retarded. Respec is a disgusting casualization feature.
Sadly is used everywhere now. However one can avoid to use it i am the kind of player that likes to stick with her character till the end.

Sunri

Liturgist
Gortash is chill guy both general bigot and Orin went full retard with their worship but at least Mr edge didn't suck bane dick he's just chilling living his life maybe that's why he didn't have anime power up

Takamori

Learned
Like the whole game is a joke difficulty wise, you just use the respec to min max the ogre gauntlets, the 23 con neck and the 18 glove where you can simply dump stat it and boost something else.

Takamori

Learned
Gortash is chill guy both general bigot and Orin went full retard with their worship but at least Mr edge didn't suck bane dick he's just chilling living his life maybe that's why he didn't have anime power up
Bane did him really dirty, I laughed hard when my friend told me that he is fucked no matter your decision. Guy killed either in a cutscene or in a really badly planned encounter :lol:

Sunri

Liturgist
Bane did him really dirty, I laughed hard when my friend told me that he is fucked no matter your decision. Guy killed either in a cutscene or in a really badly planned encounter :lol:
I think every bad guy that you spare is getting killed anyway sooner or later. Except minara

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Like the whole game is a joke difficulty wise, you just use the respec to min max the ogre gauntlets, the 23 con neck and the 18 glove where you can simply dump stat it and boost something else.
Not only the Gloves of Dexterity setting it to 18 and the Amulet of Greater Health setting constitution to 23, but also the Warped Headband of the Intellect setting intelligence to 17 that you can obtain early in the game, and the Gauntlets of Hill Giant Strength setting it to 23 found in the House of Hope. +M

If BG3 has the Gauntlets of Ogre Strength, I must have missed it, though. :M

NaturallyCarnivorousSheep

Albanian Deliberator Kang
Patron
Possibly Retarded
Maybe, on the other hand you will always have a sperg person who complains the companions aren't minmaxed enough and he can use this kind of feature.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
the face that you don't roll for stats with no rerolls allowed is more dumb

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
should player be allowed to travel to both grim forge and monastery? Feels like there should be choice involved, as in quest failure mechanics that is already implemented

Actually many players only went through one or the other because it is implied in the game that they are mutually exclusive paths.

Grunker mentioned himself as an example.

I didn't, rather the reverse. Many people picked only one because they, like me, presumed you had to choose based on the game's wording. But I wanted to check before I moved acts, and it turned out the game is designed to expect you doing both. Which is communicated very poorly, and there is also little ingame reason for you to explore both paths.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Spoilers: covering cut content which still has surviving game data in files:

The big thing is the Upper City missing, and how Karlach had her "good ending" require going there. So that's why her personal quest seems lame.

volklore

Arcane
should player be allowed to travel to both grim forge and monastery? Feels like there should be choice involved, as in quest failure mechanics that is already implemented

Actually many players only went through one or the other because it is implied in the game that they are mutually exclusive paths.

I didn't, rather the reverse. Many people picked only one because they, like me, presumed you had to choose based on the game's wording. But I wanted to check before I moved acts, and it turned out the game is designed to expect you doing both. Which is communicated very poorly, and there is also little ingame reason for you to explore both paths.
The game never really implies they are exclusive path.
Halsin just tells you it's easier through the underdark. Which is stupid you can get the lantern right at the beginning of the shadowlands if you go through the pass. Lae'zel just says you we should go to the creche first. Is the Lae'zel quest even failed if you transition to act2 without doing it ?
The only weird thing is that transitionning to mountain pass gives you the ''tie up loose ends prompt'' while the underdark doesn't for some reason.

Last edited:

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

I did too, and I learned from this thread that I can go back and do the other one, to get to level 8 in time for the hard boss fight in the Shar temple.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I went to the mountains just because Fr'og was bitching about it before entering the shadow prison.
I rushed it, because I felt I might end up overleveled. I was right, because I spent most of Act III on level 12.

Is there anything interesting there, outside the Lathander monastery?

Last edited:

volklore

Arcane
I went to the mountains just because Fr'og was bitching about it before entering the shadow prison.
I rushed it, because I felt I might end up overleveled. I was right, because I spent most of Act III on level 12.

No there's the monastery (not even mandatory) and 1 undead combat encounter and then you're in the shadowlands. Which is why it's dumb as shit Halsin pushes you to go through the underdark by saying it's easier. I think it's the dev's way of telling you to do the underdark because otherwise there is no reason to go there at all, the way through the mountain pass is way faster.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
not really, there is notable vendor with cool items giving extra monastery quest. Gith vendor got nice stuff too

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom