Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Alright.
Gortash and Orin are dead. I'm going for the brain. Is the finale long after you pass the point of no return?

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Glad they decided to let Durge be anything.
It's just a Ballspawn nostalgia grab background. You could be anything as the Ballspawn in BG1 too.

This character origin however has a lot of bagage and story reveals. I don't see the point of making the character a bard, cleric or whatever for instance. That some people roleplay him as a paladin bogles the mind. Even a spellcaster or fighter doesn't make much sense.

Dude was literally a street prowling serial killer ambushing and murdering people. Rogue makes the most sense, specially Assassin subclass. Or Gloom Stalker.
Paladins can do that in this version. Also, a wizard has always been a better assassin than any of the assassin type of classes.

That is a very openhanded and nonconventional interpretation of what being a paladin or wizard entails.

It is like saying Gandalf or Holger Carlsen would make good assassins.

Specially in this case when we are speaking comically exagerated bloodthirsty psycho with evil deity heritage

When I think of durge I literally think of this guy. That is regardless of wether or not you want to make him a redemption arc character who becomes good.

Night-Slasher-Cobra-Bad-Guy.jpg
Brian Thompson.

copebot

Learned
If you go to the monastery you can get the Blood of Lathander, which is a pretty cool mace that inflicts Blindness to undead who approach close to the wielder, and it has a radiant damage kamehameha laser.

edit: which is, apparently, an actual item in d&d lore https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Blood_of_Lathander
This mace and how early you can get it distinctly feels like the kind of item that a DM would regret letting the party obtain because of how effortlessly it trivializes any encounter with undead.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
If you go to the monastery you can get the Blood of Lathander, which is a pretty cool mace that inflicts Blindness to undead who approach close to the wielder, and it has a radiant damage kamehameha laser.

edit: which is, apparently, an actual item in d&d lore https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Blood_of_Lathander
This mace and how early you can get it distinctly feels like the kind of item that a DM would regret letting the party obtain because of how effortlessly it trivializes any encounter with undead.
Act II also has a ring that reduces enemy armor each time you hit them while they are illuminated. And this mace illuminates enemies around you passively.

Herumor

Scholar
The big thing is the Upper City missing, and how Karlach had her "good ending" require going there.
I genuinely thought fixing her infernal engine was going to require exploring the Steel Watch foundry, as one of the Steel Watch commented on her infernal engine being an older prototype of what they have going on. But no, you get fuck all.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
The big thing is the Upper City missing, and how Karlach had her "good ending" require going there.
I genuinely thought fixing her infernal engine was going to require exploring the Steel Watch foundry, as one of the Steel Watch commented on her infernal engine being an older prototype of what they have going on. But no, you get fuck all.
I had the same reasoning, and the same disappointment.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Buahahahaha just finished the second act lol,the reveal about the advisor that you created at the start....buahahahaha. LoL it is amazing how lame the writing is. I mean everyone knows that it is some kind of a mind flayer shit.....but damn that is gloriously bad buahahahhahaha. At least should have kept the sex of the thing you create at the start lol. I enjoyed the nice voice of the cunt,now it is the voice of uninterested drugie lol.

Herumor

Scholar
Best god, best champion. :love:
rLk00fZ.png
Bane doesn't even intervene to help Gortash, like Myrkul did with Ketheric and Gortash dies like a little bitch when up against the Elder Brain.

I was really disappointed with his part in the game, I expected way, way more content. Like so many other people said, game definitely needs to split Lower City into a Bhaal-focused chapter and Upper City into a Bane-focused chapter.

Vatnik Wumao
I was really disappointed with his part in the game, I expected way, way more content. Like so many other people said, game definitely needs to split Lower City into a Bhaal-focused chapter and Upper City into a Bane-focused chapter.
Fully agree.

That being said,
I think the lame death he gets if you side with him is still preferable over him turning on you and forcing you to kill him if they didn't have the time and resources to implement a special ending for your alliance choice (hence the need to invalidate it by him subsequently dying). At least this way it serves to reinforce the idea that their plan was retarded and that they've been played by the Netherbrain all along.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Running around Moonrise with a skellie pal
AAHHHHH SKELETON AHHHHHH PANIC
You know, from the people who serve the Champion of Myrkul

Vatnik Wumao
ENDGAME SPOILERS: If you speak with dead to Gortash's body after he gets killed by the elder brain Bane expresses his approval of you :bounce:
Too bad that you can't become Bane's champion. Like just give an extra dialogue option when you choose to subdue the Absolute, but have it be done in the name of Bane (akin to how Durge can do it in Bhaal's name besides the generic Tav option of doing it in one's own name).

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm trying to reach the finale, but the game just keeps throwing last minute quest givers at me. And hostile guards.

Also, at this point 50% of important conversations mention events that did not happen or happened differently.
Apparently I was in a location I never visited and have seen dead Duke Jim Ravenguard. And other NPC is angry because apparently I killed him myself.
Luckily, I was able to pass deception check and say that the event that never took place actually happened differently.

:gumpyhead:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Can someone tells me why the DM seems like to narrate an erotic movie?
That's the direction they gave her probably. At least I know it's not only to me she sounds like that.

Her erotic voice is one thing, I think the fundamental reason she is bad is the hypermelodramatic intonation that makes even the slightest mundanity seem like a cosmic revelation.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Her erotic voice is one thing, I think the fundamental reason she is bad is the hypermelodramatic intonation that makes even the slightest mundanity seem like a cosmic revelation.
I doubt she knew anything about the game or about the events she was talking about. The person who reviewed the audio probably also wanted to mark off the work as done sooner, and didn't bother to give her specific direction, or didn't himself know what the direction should be.

Such is the state of AAA gaming.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom