Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Lyric Suite cycle​

1. comes here to cope guys you won't believe what just happened!

Sounds like my grandma watching TV (when she was still alive)

Last edited:

Avarize

Magister
I just don't understand how it's possible that this was necessary. Tactician is already so easy 90% of the time for me and I'm a mediocre player at best.
Oh sweet summer child, you vastly underestimate how bad some people are at virtually anything.

I read a reddit thread the other day of someone asking a simple question that could be answered by simply reading a tooltip. When people explained, he just kept asking 'why?' the deeper the conversation went, when every question he asked was literally explained in the next tooltip.

How some people manage to live without a voice whispering in their ears to breath in and out, is beyond me.
Could you link that thread?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
quality writing. it hurts.
07FCB9324BF1345E74A26A5EADCBC94A65A0BF0A

38D1736E04C0A8A54FFB2E24DCC4348374F5D9FB

41F328888B2D31A349D71254695A942A5F6BCDAB

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I critisized Kingdom Come Deliverance for siding too much on the side of criminality but in restrospective that game was fucking Shakespeare compared to this. And imagine attempting to put a bromance like that of Harry and Hans Capon in a game like this without instantly devolving into gay sex, completely missing the point in the process.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm actually bored with this thing btw lmao.

The shit writing just killed it for me and it seems i can't muster the motivation to keep going.

I might try again once the definitive super duper edition is out but for now i'll have to call it quits.
The game is Pillows of Eternity level of blandness. I've reached Act 3 but I cannot take it anymore.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
I'm actually bored with this thing btw lmao.

The shit writing just killed it for me and it seems i can't muster the motivation to keep going.

I might try again once the definitive super duper edition is out but for now i'll have to call it quits.
The game is Pillows of Eternity level of blandness. I've reached Act 3 but I cannot take it anymore.
what the fuck did you say you little postenago

janior

Arcane
Patron
Act 3 has some bugs but overall it's remarkably polished for a modern game.
Sadly a 7/10 game is now considered a 10/10 revolutionary piece of work due to how awful the industry is right now.
edit: great patch, they fixed the performance issues seems like

Last edited:

Barbarian

Arcane
"Over a thousand bugfixes" my ass. Reminder that these phoneys are fake hyping even early patches.

And nothing of note added. If patch 2 is really just performance instead of what they announced some days ago(actual community requests) then Swen deserves the rope.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
  • Minthara no longer references irrelevant topics or passes judgement on companions more than once.
  • Fixed the dialogue flow when dating Minthara.
  • Fixed Minthara's body disappearing at camp after you decide to bring a sweet moment to a terrible end.
  • You can no longer recruit both Halsin and Minthara to camp in the same playthrough.
  • If Wyll isn't recruited, he will now recognise Avatar Karlach and initiate dialogue.

YUo plAyEd iT tHaT meAns U liEk it
Yes, if you play it more than 10 hours.
YOu diDnT play it uCaNt criTiCizE it
With enough games behind your back, you can criticize a game you haven't played.

Barbarian

Arcane
This is the 1.0 release. Any features will be months down the line.

Even the bugfinder games were released with actual ending implemented.

This is made even more egregious by the shitheads actually hyping "17000 ending variations" and a "15 minute epilogue" in the press just weeks before release.

Modron

Arcane
you gotta really hate yourself if you spent this much time playing a game you dislike
If you've thrown tens upon tens of hours at something you might as well finish it off, some people are just completionists.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
It really chafes your butthole doesn't it
No?
Let me reiterate it again for Redditbrained scumsuckers like you:
"Don't touch the poop" refers to continually doing so after a game has proven to be shit. This is the case for, say, Skyrim or Fallout 4 or CP77. BG3 is fairly new, although it IS reaching that state of poop-ness by now.

Im playing it because theres nothing else to play right now anyway and it at least manages to hold my attention, up until Act 3 at least. People - YOUR PEOPLE - claimed that playing Durge is "way better" so I tried that too but they were wrong obviously.

Everything I said would happen with the game has happened. Shit writing, falls apart by the third act, shit ruleset made shitter by Larian, journo and tranny pandering... It's all there.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
I critisized Kingdom Come Deliverance for siding too much on the side of criminality but in restrospective that game was fucking Shakespeare compared to this. And imagine attempting to put a bromance like that of Harry and Hans Capon in a game like this without instantly devolving into gay sex, completely missing the point in the process.
There's something to be said when we, people with very different overall outlooks, come to the exact same conclusions regarding the game.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
  • Made it less ambiguous that you're starting a romance with Gale when choosing certain dialogue options.

They fixed the assrape.

Says the guy with an knobby spiky alien dick as an avatar pic... only on the Codex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom