Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
So just heard this - there's seriously no ending slides?

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Minthara is fixed now or it's all cosmetics?

Apparently they covered her tits more or some shit.

What you mean?

- Made Minthara's camp top ever-so-slightly less revealing.

Nipples horror, I suppose. Americans are afraid of them.

What you mean?

Can't have scantily clad women. But they are going to add a squirrel sex for the durge right?

Do we have? Or just a suggestion?

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I am perfectly okay with people saying bad things about this game, I've said bad things about it. All I did was ask why you keep playing it when you clearly hate it and have been calling it poop for months now. I guess it's my bad for asking someone as autistic as you a direct question. Okay then enjoy your slop I won't interrupt your consumption anymore.
Fedora was laughing and boasting about the fact that he pirated the game, that Swen didn't get a cent of him. Meanwhile, however, Swen's been laughing all the way to the bank while also living rent free in Fedora's head.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Finished the game!

> Amazing combat. Great encounter design, especially in Act I. Great gameplay in general, but...
> In Act III some late game fights are buggy and sometimes just boring.
> Second half of the Act III feels rushed. Not only bugs, just "let's wrap this up" feeling all over the place. At least the final boss is solid.
> You will reach maximum level quite early in act III. Very annoying.
> UI is bad.
> Larian can make quality smaller "set pieces". Auntie Ethel and her swamp is top quality cRPG experience, everything comes together to create an amazing side adventure.
> On the other hand, I strongly believe this might be the worst written main plot in (non-indie) cRPG history. We had classicly bad things like ME3 before. But this is a whole new level of unexplored alien bad writing. This is bad writing equivalent of quantum physics replacing the old newtonian order of things.
> Companion writing is not good and made worse by weird design decisions, cut content and bugs. Surprisingly, Minsc and Jaheira are decent. Returning evil characters have been desecrated instead.
> You can feel some serious rewrites here and there.
> The person who wrote the optional final reveal about Emperor (and probably thought it was some quality twist) needs to be captured and neutralized. The brain of that person needs to by studied by an international team of scientists, somewhere in Switzerland. Maximum level security.

Rating: One of the weirdest gaming experiences I had. Great and awful at the same time.

Last edited:

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
What you mean?
Can't have scantily clad women. But they are going to add a squirrel sex for the durge right?
They just added 3 pink laces and nothing else. You are all inventing things to get triggered by. Again.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I would also like to make an official apology to the nation of Belgium.
Turns out the problem was, as always, the eternal anglo.

1692973821181773.jpg

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
I actually didn't mind the ending, I got a quick wrap up of major character points and Withers dunking on the dead three for about a minute, although anything short of Swen turning up to my house to punch me in the face is better than the DOS2 ending so I may have just had low expectations.

None

Scholar

1692973821181773.jpg
Absolutely amazed there is someone out there with the name "Chrystal Ding". But I'm not amazed that I've never heard of a single one of these people.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I critisized Kingdom Come Deliverance for siding too much on the side of criminality but in restrospective that game was fucking Shakespeare compared to this. And imagine attempting to put a bromance like that of Harry and Hans Capon in a game like this without instantly devolving into gay sex, completely missing the point in the process.
There's something to be said when we, people with very different overall outlooks, come to the exact same conclusions regarding the game.

Wow, you both landed on half-assed edgelord.

Truly unprecedented.

None

Scholar
Lawrence Schick is the lead writer for ESO FYI
Which is why I'd never heard of him.
Speaking of him though, what exactly would the difference between a narrative designer and writer be? The former are the ideas guys of writing while the latter do implementation?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

1692973821181773.jpg
Absolutely amazed there is someone out there with the name "Chrystal Ding". But I'm not amazed that I've never heard of a single one of these people.

All those wombyn. Figures as a lot of the shit in this game clearly feels like it's written by a woman.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Forget about trolling powergheymers, this game is about trolling completionists. There’s just too much damned shit everywhere and fuck those Crevices and Burrow Holes.

Joke is on me. Looks like Yosharian was right about Armor of Agathis too. It’s done good damage and increased survivability but there’s just too much random damage floating around to count on keeping it up. Temp hp should top it off instead of doing nothing.

duskvile

Fabulous Optimist
Do you think all native belgium Larian writers would make better job and quality writing ?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
narrative designer and writer be
"Writer" implies that he can write. Narrative designer doesn't.
I already figured that writers may in fact write. I was more asking about the specifics of the work entailed.
Seriously, it's the same thing. Maybe the writer only does writing. In the context of game development, the narrative designer works with software composing dialogue trees and comes up with the quest's branches.

TheDarkUrge

Educated
> Second half of the Act III feels rushed. Not only bugs, just "let's wrap this up" feeling all over the place. At least the final boss is solid.
> Larian can make quality smaller "set pieces". Auntie Ethel and her swamp is top quality cRPG experience, everything comes together to create an amazing side adventure.
> On the other hand, I strongly believe this might be the worst written main plot in (non-indie) cRPG history. We had classicly bad things like ME3 before. But this is a whole new level of unexplored alien bad writing. This is bad writing equivalent of quantum physics replacing the old newtonian order of things.
This is why I want larian to start doing modules or at least games that are much smaller so they can't fuck it up. Their tiny adventures are so good but then when they go do the main plot they fall on their face. DOS2 had the same problem and the ending there was equally stupid and really soured the rest of the campaign. It's like they don't plan on how the plot will end they just keep adding and adding small shit to do and then realize there's a main plot they've ignored and have to rush to fix it

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
  • Lae'zel's underwear will now more accurately reflect the colour of dyes used on it.

Cinematic Scenes

• Made fixes to kissing scenes with the Origin characters across the game, for example to make sure physical contact is made properly, to account for shorter races, and to account for uneven ground.
Ah yes, Important fucking changes

Obviously MUCH more important than fixing the r-click container context menu option "send to wares" so that it works all the time and not just when the fucking game feels like it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom