Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Shadowheart is a cuckold who enjoys watching you fuck other women while not getting any herself.
Physiology broke that symmetry.

Black

Arcane
BTW, am i the only one who finds this ability to just pick up every random junk pointless?
If it's anything like DOS 2 then I imagine it just serves to clutter the screen with worthless garbage and clickbait of another kind, where people will fight you to the death because you unintentionally picked a small bottle of nothing (1gp) when you just wanted to move.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
"You won’t be waiting long for Patch 2, which is right around the corner."

So EA never actually ended. When the fuck am I allowed to play this game? I don't want to beta test EA 2.0.
This is your world on legal weed.

Halsin made me wish I just let the goblins murder everyone in his stupid grove. I knew I should have gone for Minthara instead.

She gave me the quest to destroy the grove. The goblin shaman was dumb and poisoned me despite I accepted even the mark but she was sliced by a random babe that appeared from nothing. The other two leaders (the drow and the hobgoblin) are civilized.
Hobgob got lit up from the rafters so didn't have much to say. Man that fight has a helluva set up.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
BTW, am i the only one who finds this ability to just pick up every random junk pointless?

I understand muh Ultima or whatever but it just made looting stuff obnoxious since you have to sift through a ton of garbage to pick up the stuff that's actually valuable don't see the attraction of it to be honest.
you-wouldnt-get-it-joker.gif

Avarize

Magister
Increased players' HP bonus in Explorer Mode from +50% to +100%.
I just don't understand how it's possible that this was necessary. Tactician is already so easy 90% of the time for me and I'm a mediocre player at best.

Sunri

Liturgist

Lyric Suite cycle​

1. Complains about the game.
  2. Plays it anyway
  3. Picks the gayest dialogue options
  4. comes here to cope guys you won't believe what just happened!
  5. Plays some more to see how deep it goes
See you tomorrow bro

Modron

Arcane
The actual cope is not even playing the game then coming here to bitch about it. lul ur game sux anyway.
Fedora has been playing this for like 3 weeks straight now. When are you going to learn that the people who yell the loudest about slop consume the most?

Desiderius

Patron
Finaly bought it on steam and started playing. Until now it's not that gay. Hopefully it stays that way.
With my completionism and restartitis I have yet to see any other than finding a lesbo note and Asstarion acting like a flamer, which fits his character. It's there on some dialogue options where it shouldn't be, but no raype yet.

Of course they put it front and center on the patch notes.

When are you fixing Dungeon Delver? Nature's something staff ability Fly Trap also randomly triggers from range breaking Concentration.

Desiderius

Patron

Lyric Suite cycle​

1. Complains about the game.
  2. Plays it anyway
  3. Picks the gayest dialogue options
  4. comes here to cope guys you won't believe what just happened!
  5. Plays some more to see how deep it goes
See you tomorrow bro
Making every male character smoke pole is just stupid. I think there's a subconscious urge to make the ghey so annoying that the taboo gets restored.

Kiste

Augur
Define "gayest dialogue options".
The one where the wizard who has been ogling you asks you to come with him to a private place where he can show you some "magic".

I guess as a kid you would have gotten into the van with the strange man who offered you gummi bears.

Herumor

Scholar
So has anyone here played as Gale or Lae'zel origin characters? Just curious about the reactivity/experience from their POV.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
The one where the wizard who has been ogling you asks you to come with him to a private place where he can show you some "magic".

I guess as a kid you would have gotten into the van with the strange man who offered you gummi bears.

Never even got there lmao. All the sex shit is gated behind the party sequence so even though i got a ton of approval with Gale for playing lawful good his advances are still locked away.

BTW, companions being gay (both in a literal and figurative sense) is part of the reason i lost interest. They are just all so terrible. Karlach was the last straw not only is her dialog turbo cringe with all the fuck this and fuck that but she also has an infernal engine inside her? Another one? So now we got two variations of the same shit between her and Gale?

It's like this game is written by people who don't actually find the setting interesting at all and so they have to bump the DnDness to the max or else the setting would feel boring for them. All those companons are written like shit from an high level campaign and yet they are all level 1.

Just today i saw some people commenting that the skelly respec guy is Jergal. Ho really now, you get to have a god just idling by in your camp? Is that what we are doing now?

And here i was thinking the Bhaal shit in BG was cringe.

Last edited:

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
So has anyone here played as Gale or Lae'zel origin characters? Just curious about the reactivity/experience from their POV.
I played a few levels as Gale. You have a narrated inner monologue (not actually voiced), like Dark Urge has, on some rests, and an early visit by your familiar bringing you a ring to consume.

Modron

Arcane
YUo plAyEd iT tHaT meAns U liEk it
YOu diDnT play it uCaNt criTiCizE it
Would just expect someone who constantly tells people to stop touching poop would not be touching that poop the whole time and planning on continuing to touch the poop for another 50 hours, that's all.

Last edited:

Sunri

Liturgist

Never even got there lmao. All the sex shit is gated behind the party sequence so even though i got a ton of approval with Gale for playing lawful good his advances are still locked away.

BTW, companions being gay (both in a literal and figurative sense) is part of the reason i lost interest. They are just all so terrible. Karlach was the last straw not only is her dialog turbo cringe with all the fuck this and fuck that but she also has an infernal engine inside her? Another one? So now we got two variations of the same shit between her and Gale?

It's like this game is written by people who don't actually find the setting interesting at all and so they have to bump the DnDness to the max or else the setting would feel boring for them. All those companons are written like shit from an high level campaign and yet they are all level 1.
Game being over the top from the start is one of the reasons it achieved tremendous success

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Game being over the top from the start is one of the reasons it achieved tremendous success

Who gives a fuck Bethesda also achieved "tremedous success" and their games after Morrowing have ZERO reedeming qualities. I remember trying Oblivion and Fallout 3 and EVERYTHING was shit in them, and i mean everything. Gameplay was shit, writing was utter retardation defined, quest design was beyond fucking moronic. Yet, this company full of amateurs and hacks also had "tremendous success" and God only knows why.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I just don't understand how it's possible that this was necessary. Tactician is already so easy 90% of the time for me and I'm a mediocre player at best.
Oh sweet summer child, you vastly underestimate how bad some people are at virtually anything.

I read a reddit thread the other day of someone asking a simple question that could be answered by simply reading a tooltip. When people explained, he just kept asking 'why?' the deeper the conversation went, when every question he asked was literally explained in the next tooltip.

How some people manage to live without a voice whispering in their ears to breath in and out, is beyond me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom