Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

volklore

Arcane
Halsin made me wish I just let the goblins murder everyone in his stupid grove. I knew I should have gone for Minthara instead.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
  • Lae'zel's underwear will now more accurately reflect the colour of dyes used on it.

Cinematic Scenes

• Made fixes to kissing scenes with the Origin characters across the game, for example to make sure physical contact is made properly, to account for shorter races, and to account for uneven ground.
Ah yes, Important fucking changes

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
058BA5BD91FD6F7CF3F7E83D30BF3C75900E8241

Do shitlennials have to stink up even this game with their anime faggotry? Jesus fuck.
Go complain about it to Infinitroon, will ya

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Nigga you could do both paths at the same time,i did it lol. Also news at 8,larian are shit at writing lol.
That you can do both isn't the point. It's how both area's to chapter 2 are sold to the player as a choice, while one actually conflicts with the other.

When you arrive in chapter 2 by emerging from The Underdark, you're still stuck with quests in that other 'optional' area and one of your companions outright says that she'll leave your party if you don't do them. You're being asked to stop the story's momentum and make a u-turn to go back to the area you didn't choose. An area's that's also from a gameplay point-of-view already past you (since it's 2-3 level below you).

What I'm saying is that either:
  1. These 2 paths shouldn't be presented outright to the player.
  2. The warning that you'll ditch the Frog by not going to the mountains should happen clearly in Chapter 1.
  3. The creche quest, and the frog shitting herself that you're not doing it, should be isolated to the mountains.
Shadowheart's quests works like that, you only discover the trail of the Justicars if you go down the Underdark path. The area is narratively isolated from the other path.

Last edited:

sosmoflux

Educated
"You won’t be waiting long for Patch 2, which is right around the corner."

So EA never actually ended. When the fuck am I allowed to play this game? I don't want to beta test EA 2.0.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Everyone said Act 1 would be the most polished and it'd get worse with each act afterwards. Just like Wrath. This is how games are made now.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I'm actually bored with this thing btw lmao.

The shit writing just killed it for me and it seems i can't muster the motivation to keep going.

I might try again once the definitive super duper edition is out but for now i'll have to call it quits.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Everyone said Act 1 would be the most polished and it'd get worse with each act afterwards. Just like Wrath. This is how games are made now.

They were wrong. Act 1 and 2 are both pretty much perfect in terms of functionality.

Act 3 has some bugs but overall it's remarkably polished for a modern game.

Reminder that the first game ever to launch with a day 1 patch was Diablo II and it's been basically standard practice since.

Black

Arcane
I doubt the Definitive Director's Cut GOTY Legendary Edition will feature a complete re-write that the game badly needs.

vota DC

Augur
Halsin made me wish I just let the goblins murder everyone in his stupid grove. I knew I should have gone for Minthara instead.

She gave me the quest to destroy the grove. The goblin shaman was dumb and poisoned me despite I accepted even the mark but she was sliced by a random babe that appeared from nothing. The other two leaders (the drow and the hobgoblin) are civilized.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I doubt the Definitive Director's Cut GOTY Legendary Edition will feature a complete re-write that the game badly needs.

I actually have a mind of starting D:OS 1 (i have a legit copy of it) at some point in the future to get another go at the Larian writing to fully comprehend how far the rabbit hole goes.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
BTW, am i the only one who finds this ability to just pick up every random junk pointless?

I understand muh Ultima or whatever but it just made looting stuff obnoxious since you have to sift through a ton of garbage to pick up the stuff that's actually valuable don't see the attraction of it to be honest.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
BTW, am i the only one who finds this ability to just pick up every random junk pointless?

I understand muh Ultima or whatever but it just made looting stuff obnixious since you have to sift through a ton of garbage to pick up the stuff that's actually valuable don't see the attraction of it to be honest.
You could make an argument for grabbing all the silverware to sell later but there is rarely anything really worthwhile to buy to begin with and money becomes a non-factor.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom