Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Barbarian

Arcane
I visited actual latam circuses as a kid some 25+ years ago, I remember midgets, people wearing collant and african wild animals, but trannies? No.

Is that a 'kwanzan or euro thing I am unaware about? "Bearded lady" freakshow act doesn't really qualify as troon or drag btw.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
I visited actual latam circuses as a kid some 25+ years ago, I remember midgets, people wearing collant and african wild animals, but trannies? No.

Is that a 'kwanzan or euro thing I am unaware about? "Bearded lady" freakshow act doesn't really qualify as troon or drag btw.
Drag queens were very popular in the 90's in Belgium, but they were considered freaks and never taken serious. Just for a funny night out. Hell the drag queens themselves didn't take it serious either but now I'm not sure anymore.

volklore

Arcane
Well Troons are just tech advanced transvestites if you think about it. Yeah you can take hormones and make a grotesque flesh prosthetic penis but in the end this is still only a high tech costume.
Even ''pregnant men'' are just women who trooned and stop taking their male hormones to give birth (when they didn't take them long enough before to destroy basic reproductive functions).
The glorification of such things are just cult of the individual pushed to the edges, everything that makes one unique is good and the freaks are the most unique of them all.

That disgusting black circus tranny.

I wonder how many players just went murder hobo after having contact with that abomination.
Is the flamboyant crossdressing drag queen circus act really that offensive?
Its over 2000 years old. Literally more of a european tradition than wearing pants.
The carnival is a key element of catholic tradition, but I guess protestant brainlets can't grasp their pea sized brains around that. They're protestants after all.

So, what's the deal with Shadowpussy?
Do you have to wine and dine her first?
Yes, it's one of the most cringe-inducing date scenes I've ever seen in a video-game romance.

BG 2 has some pretty awful romances, but man that wine on the river bit made me genuinely cringe. I honestly think that was written by someone who has never gone on a date before, let alone get laid.

If the player is BardMAXXXing and fucking everything they can, you can end up in a romantic relationship with Shadowheart, holding hands, a kiss per day, no sex... while at the same time fucking at least two devils, and a pair of Drow twins. Shadowheart even comments something like "well okay, as long as you save some for me", even though you haven't been together yet. Very bizarre.
And because I know Larian are experts at writing characters and plot, I am sure this is all planned and intentional, and therefore Shadowheart is a cuckold who enjoys watching you fuck other women while not getting any herself. Its canon.
She is a proper girl and saving herself for marriage (with you).

Finally, Karlach kisses small players correctly :lol:
392.jpg

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
  • During Gale's spell-teaching scene, you now have the option to picture a future with Gale that falls somewhere in between kissing him and kicking him in the head.
I wonder if people will be more relieved about this than they will be mad that Larian still don't seem to have added the epilogues

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

volklore

Arcane
  • During Gale's spell-teaching scene, you now have the option to picture a future with Gale that falls somewhere in between kissing him and kicking him in the head.
I wonder if people will be more relieved about this than they will be mad that Larian still don't seem to have added the epilogues
epilogues will probably only be in the game like 1-2 years from now if ever. Since it seems the game was designed with upper city in mind. A lot of the WiP stuff that has been cut is probably reliant on triggers from upper city and other cut content. Makes you think how much of a mess it must have been for larian to decide to cut all of that and release early instead. Probably much more than a six-month job, especially on top of bugfixing the current version of the game.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Patch 2 is already well underway

And look at the huge list of improvements: https://baldursgate3.game/news/patch-1-now-live_87
They said it will mainly be about optimization

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The monastery/creche includes the Blood of Lathander mace, a githyanki device that can transform the mindflayer abilities that cost an action to just a bonus action, and an encounter with the immortal Lich-Queen of the githyanki (and an in-person encounter with the "Guardian"). It's also much faster to complete than the Underdark/Grymforge areas. :M
Since the creche is brought up I kind of want to mention a pet peeve of mine about it.

We're offered 2 branching paths, the mountains or the Underdark, but at the same time you also receive follower quests that directly lead you into the mountains. If you go through The Underdark you'll still end up with 1) a quest for that area in your quest-log and 2) Lae'zel will warn you that if you don't go there that she'll leave the party. Going there after you've just gotten to Act2 feels wrong. It completely breaks the narrative flow and the enemies in the mountains are also 2-3 levels lower than your party by the time you exit The Underdark. The narrative goal is supposed to be the Moonrise Towers, not the Creche AND the Moonrise towers.

They should've done one of the following:
  • Choose between keeping Lae'zel (creche) or Shadowheart (first Shar Temple leads) at the moment you're told to go to the Moonrise Towers.
  • Have Lae'zel's quest in the first area lose the trail to the creche after your encounter with the Gith patrol. When entering the mountains, then and only then make the players find signs to go to the creche. Expand the encounter with the Gith betrayers at your camp to patch up any missing narrative problems from not going into the mountains.
Nigga you could do both paths at the same time,i did it lol. Also news at 8,larian are shit at writing lol.

Well, even Bioware themselves took years to remove ninjamancing from their games. And by the looks of it, that might be part of the business rules, since the suits see people raving about romances all the time.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
The carnival is a key element of catholic tradition,

has been. Nobody in the West gives a shit about this anymore nor do most people know about this historical background. It's mostly detached from all things religous.
Carnival is mostly dress up, get drunk, fuck a stranger.
Add trannies in Brazil.

And Jesus wept.

Any cut content added with patch 1? I just finished game yesterday.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
lol just had the druid fag tell me how i lifted the fog and now he loves me and want suck me off buahahahah

honestly can't wait to finish this "game" so i could experience the best part of it,writing a review and bitching about it. The only good thing so far is the graphics.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
They're not shitting it up. They're just exhibiting the true nature of the game.

The game is full of degeneracy and librulism, sure. But it doesn't have those goddamn HUEG eyes.
lol just had the druid fag tell me how i lifted the fog and now he loves me and want suck me off buahahahah

honestly can't wait to finish this "game" so i could experience the best part of it,writing a review and bitching about it. The only good thing so far is the graphics.

As I said.

Every. Single. Male. Wants. Dat. Dick.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom