Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Vatnik Wumao
Also, dunno if bug or working as intended, but if you start as a Drow Dark Urge, you retain the Underdark tag and don't get the Baldurian one.
aSZ37c2.png

Sunri

Liturgist
Source: https://www.gry-online.pl/newsroom/...cje-o-przyszlosci-baldurs-gate-3-chce/z7264fe

• Baldur’s Gate 3 is one of the biggest and most warmly received game premieres of recent years.
    • Praised for its vast content, engaging story, satisfying gameplay, and well-written characters.
  • Fans of the game are eager for more content, and it appears they may get new content or even a sequel in the future.
  • Good news for Baldur’s Gate 3 fans:
    • Tom Butler, Senior Product Manager at Larian Studios, mentions the possibility of DLCs (downloadable content) for Baldur’s Gate 3 and potentially a full-fledged sequel.
    • However, fans shouldn't expect this too soon.
    • For the immediate future, the developer team is focused on patching the game before taking a well-deserved break. Only after their return will the future of the Baldur's Gate series start taking shape.
    • Butler confirms Larian Studios "wants to do more" which is encouraging news for players.
  • Given the game's magnitude and how much players appreciate Larian Studios, it is believed most fans will happily await further developments.
  • Swen Vincke, the head of Larian Studios, previously did not rule out the possibility of game expansions but mentioned the complexity due to the various consequences of player actions which can be challenging during the expansion development.
  • Lastly, it's noted that Baldur’s Gate 3 will also be coming to Xbox consoles. After discussions between Swen Vincke and Phil Spencer, Vincke confirmed on his Twitter profile that they found a solution to deliver Baldur's Gate 3 to Xbox players this year.

Sherry

Arcane
Hi!

boo. Boo! BOO!

okay hi we bought the game and are trying it out but it took awhile to download but it downloaded and we have it now and one of the first things we noticed out of the plethora issues we encountered is when you make your cahracter and come bnack to the game right? It has the continue button selected but did you know num-lock enter or regular enter does not work when you hit the key despite the button being selected? you have to move the mose and click what a waste of time. Do not even get me started on using F10 to hide the user interface and then you go and click the map or character inventory to see what you have it does not appear untiol yhou decide to show the user interface again it is like Drageon Age all over again you can hide everything on your screen but if that is toggled no other menus will appear for you what a pain what is it good for right?? and since we are talking about pain how about the camera okay? because you have to use the WASDQE to move the camera around with one ahnd and use the mouse for anothr right? or middle button to rotate OMG! And you cannot even drag and drop inventory items to a character in your party you have to right-click and open up your Pool of Radiance menu system to transfer and item to your party most of the time!!!!:hahano:

Do like it reacts to a Drow and yes instead of a Dwarf Barbarian/Druid the cahracter is a Drow Druid/Barbarian which has a lot of nice reactions in conversat oh!!! talking about that is the dice roll. ZYou cannot speed it up or just have it roll quickly hitting spacebar that would be nice mayhbe just haven't figured it out yet and inm the camp the Githlacky put a sword to my neck and I drew my sword and it exited the animation and we just stood next to one another I had to actulaly click on the icon for attack and kill her :| And spiders and ettercaps igore that I am Drow and just attack anyway there is no way to stop them so idk to start over with a characte rthat actually has some substance instead of just conversation triggers based on race her name is and trying to save some Druid bear in a cage but threw rocks at it and then it went hostile and I couldn't even summon the three Ogres with the horn they gave me to kill the bear so idk wtf that dumb horn is good for.

Miz'ri Duskryn is the name no more Orange this time around still very new to everything I will report baclater.

Thanks,
Sherry

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Does the patch restore companion functionality? Namely Minthara who's apparently contentless after act 1.
  • Fixed the dialogue flow when dating Minthara.
Uh, maybe?

All her cut content is still on the editing room floor though. She had a way larger plotline in Act 2 / 3 that was entirely cut, you won't be seeing that in any patch. She may not be a braindead zombie now past the last 15 min of Act 1. Whoopee. The companion with potentially the most interesting story / romance option is still half-baked.

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Looks like my plan of slowly playing the game while waiting for the first real patch has worked out. Still in Act 2, and I should now have a bug free Act 3 experience.

Vatnik Wumao
All her cut content is still on the editing room floor though. She had a way larger plotline in Act 2 / 3 that was entirely cut, you won't be seeing that in any patch. She may not be a braindead zombie now past the last 15 min of Act 1. Whoopee. The companion with potentially the most interesting story / romance option is still half-baked.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Lawrence Schick is the lead writer for ESO FYI
Which is why I'd never heard of him.
Speaking of him though, what exactly would the difference between a narrative designer and writer be? The former are the ideas guys of writing while the latter do implementation?
Lawrence Schick was hired by TSR in 1979, along with his friend Tom Moldvay. An adventure he submitted to TSR as part of the application process was turned into adventure module S2 White Plume Mountain, and he is also credited for A4 In the Dungeons of the Slave Lords, the conclusion of a quartet of modules converted from tournament use. Schick became the lead on a project to create a science-fiction RPG, which was ultimately published in 1982 under the name Star Frontiers with design attributed to "TSR Staff", but he had already quit the previous year in anger over TSR cancelling its "creative bonuses" program that mimicked royalties. Also, the Known World / Mystara campaign setting is technically based on Lawrence Schick's personal campaign setting, although it seems there's little in common between them.

s2.jpg
a4.jpg

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Like a lot of others I wish the cult storyline continued after Act 2. It is much more interesting than Act 3 and real final boss.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Like a lot of others I wish the cult storyline continued after Act 2. It is much more interesting than Act 3 and real final boss.
Ahhh the story was sooo badly written that anyone with a two braincells to rub together knew it from the first 10 minutes of gameplay. Also lol at how retarded the elderbrain looks. Flying brain lol,it was cool when it was in a pool and shit. Very powerful shit that doesn't move.Now it is the end of the world garbo thing. It is funny how it got overhyped.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Looks like my plan of slowly playing the game while waiting for the first real patch has worked out. Still in Act 2, and I should now have a bug free Act 3 experience.
More likely it will bug out your save and you will have to start a new.
By the end of the game your progression and the story beats you actually did will have gone through a blender, twice, and half of everything won't make any sense.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Hahahaha, picking the Attack option when your companions confront you about all that murder and... the game kicks you back to the main map as if nothing had happened at all.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Hahahaha, picking the Attack option when your companions confront you about all that murder and... the game kicks you back to the main map as if nothing had happened at all.
The same thing happened to me when I attempted to attack Elminster during his dialogue at the beginning of Act II. :argh:

Vatnik Wumao

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Source: https://www.gry-online.pl/newsroom/...cje-o-przyszlosci-baldurs-gate-3-chce/z7264fe

• Baldur’s Gate 3 is one of the biggest and most warmly received game premieres of recent years.
    • Praised for its vast content, engaging story, satisfying gameplay, and well-written characters.
  • Fans of the game are eager for more content, and it appears they may get new content or even a sequel in the future.
  • Good news for Baldur’s Gate 3 fans:
    • Tom Butler, Senior Product Manager at Larian Studios, mentions the possibility of DLCs (downloadable content) for Baldur’s Gate 3 and potentially a full-fledged sequel.
    • However, fans shouldn't expect this too soon.
    • For the immediate future, the developer team is focused on patching the game before taking a well-deserved break. Only after their return will the future of the Baldur's Gate series start taking shape.
    • Butler confirms Larian Studios "wants to do more" which is encouraging news for players.
  • Given the game's magnitude and how much players appreciate Larian Studios, it is believed most fans will happily await further developments.
  • Swen Vincke, the head of Larian Studios, previously did not rule out the possibility of game expansions but mentioned the complexity due to the various consequences of player actions which can be challenging during the expansion development.
  • Lastly, it's noted that Baldur’s Gate 3 will also be coming to Xbox consoles. After discussions between Swen Vincke and Phil Spencer, Vincke confirmed on his Twitter profile that they found a solution to deliver Baldur's Gate 3 to Xbox players this year.

It's all on wizards tbh. How fat the cheque/royalties are they're willing to cut.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
you really wanna kill goblins for 100 hours lol

There's absolutely a way to make low level DnD great. All you need to do is be as grounded as possible.

Not everything has to be demons this and dragons that to be special. Imagine you were making a game set in the historical middle ages. Now add some monsters and shit and you get your low level fantasy. If you can't manage to come up with interesting stories in a real world setting you should have no business writing for a fantasy game either.

Baldur's Gate 1 is actually a fucking case in point because the entire plot of Saverok and his political machinations was actual great low level fantasy stuff. While the writing was mostly silly that part was actually genuinely great.

Why are you overthinking this shit?

This is an obvious case of an independent company excited to work on an IP they have respect for. They threw everything DnD into the pot because they had zero expectation of it ever being so successful and probably never expected to work with the setting again.

There's also the corporate reality of Hasbro wanting to flog their paperback Avernus module as a prequel.

No one is going to spend god only knows how many millions of euros on a gnoll killing adventure, as much as I'd love that as the gnolls and goblins look fucking awesome in this game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom