Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

MerchantKing

Learned
Am I alone in developing a distaste for Tieflings? It's not so much BG3 itself as it is the player base's psychotic obsession with fucking Tieflings.

I'm not being hyperbolic when I say 75% of all BG3 videos, pictures, and references from fans all showcase some God-Damned Tiefling, usually female.
And there's the problem:
On the subreddit there's a "Show your Tav" thread.
Youtube has been quite pozzed and neutered for a while so it makes sense that you see so many of these degenerates. The game was literally made for them.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
5E is targeted at those sorts of people, hence why everything is relativistic. Culture doesn't matter, race doesn't matter, alignment doesn't matter and Im sure by 6e they're gonna get rid of the mental stats because "having low Int is discriminating".

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
What is it with Larians obsession with useless clutter. Why are there locked chests with a DC 15 lock that contain 30 GP and a rotten tomato?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
dCtfiCE.png

Pixie.

And I don't want to show what THEY used as model of pixie in BG3. It's not the most ugly pixie I seen, but it could be second most ugly pixie I seen.

Reinhardt

Arcane

Sunri

Liturgist
dCtfiCE.png

Pixie.

And I don't want to show what THEY used as model of pixie in BG3. It's not the most ugly pixie I seen, but it could be second most ugly pixie I seen.
It was a junkie pixie she was sniffing some hardcore stuff

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
What is it with Larians obsession with useless clutter. Why are there locked chests with a DC 15 lock that contain 30 GP and a rotten tomato?
Swen likes to boast about how his games are heavily inspired by and take lots of ideas from Ultima 7 - however the only thing he took was, bags within bags within bags and hundreds of useless junk items.

No npc shedules, no simulation level interactivity, no day/night cycle etc - basically none of the cool shit Ultima came up with.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://magazine.artstation.com/2023/09/larian-studios-baldurs-gate-3-art-blast/

Larian Studios Baldur’s Gate 3 Art Blast​

Hi ArtStation!

We would like to dedicate our Artblast to all the beginner artists out there. Yes, you! You, who are just starting out, aspiring to get noticed on this huge platform filled with infinite amazingness and thousands of hours of sweat and tears from the best talent in the world. Not that long ago we were where you are, and, to tell you the truth, not that much has changed since then.

It is in the artists’ nature to doubt ourselves, to constantly ask if we are good enough, struggle and get upset that our art is still not quite there. Well, we have good advice for you – don’t go it alone. Most of the art that you will see in Baldur’s Gate 3 Art Blast is a collaboration. It’s the teamwork and constant help from others that got us here. There were a lot of successes and failures along the way and the art you are about to see is the result of 6 years of hard work. We listened to feedback, gave artists creative freedom to express themselves, we kept improving and kept iterating. You need to hit the wall just the right amount of times to make a crack, and looking back, we are forever grateful we didn’t give up and pushed through to make the game look as amazing as we could.

Baldur’s Gate 3 will always have a special place in our hearts. Continuing the legacy of previous Baldur’s Gate games we embarked on an incredible adventure of bringing the beloved tabletop Dungeon and Dragons experience as a next generation RPG game. We tried to capture the feeling of playing D&D with your friends and mesmerize you with fantastical creatures, heroic adventurers and breathtaking locations. With our art we bring you the ultimate fantasy of being anyone you want and creating your own story.

Alena Dubrovina
Lead Character Artist @ Larian

Concept Artists | Character Artists | Environment Artists | Animators | VFX Artists

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Any chance that we will gonna see a psionicist in Baizuo's Gate 3? With all of this tadpole and mindflayer stuff, that would make perfectly sense.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=896534#Post896534

Can't believe how lame and utterly gay the official Larian forums are. Resetera tier.

Guy outlines his issues with CURRENT_YEAR things and gets banned. The forums are not even worth reading while on the shitter.

You're surprised? The official forums are for marketing purposes only. If ideological threads are woven into the product, the only "live" users will be those who approve of the official political line.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=896534#Post896534

Can't believe how lame and utterly gay the official Larian forums are. Resetera tier.

Guy outlines his issues with CURRENT_YEAR things and gets banned. The forums are not even worth reading while on the shitter.

You're surprised? The official forums are for marketing purposes only. If ideological threads are woven into the product, the only "live" users will be those who approve of the official political line.
A little maybe. I didn't know they embraced the resetera type of moderation.

volklore

Arcane
Bioware forums are pretty much the same. Only shills go there anyway. Also manosphere linguo is cringe no matter how justified the points may be.

janior

Arcane
Patron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom