Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Hagashager

Educated
Larian released a ton of official artwork for Baldur's Gate 3 via Artstation:

https://magazine.artstation.com/2023/09/larian-studios-baldurs-gate-3-art-blast/
bert-vanhengel-bert-vanhengel-bg3-owlbear-04.jpg
are these things supposed to be cute? I killed the mother and the little shit started eating her corpse. fucking disgusting
Owlbears do that.

Zariusz

Arbiter

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Anyone knows, are Caves of Lore really that good? Might give it a shot during the weekend. Also there is a sweet discount on GOG atm.

It is quite good, especially if you like to exploring and lore (in game spell books are exceptional in this regard) Inventory and huge amounts of loot you get can be a bit problematic and game doesn't tells you much about skills and spells but other than that it is a good game.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

FA7

Educated
are these things supposed to be cute?
Owlbears are one of the two best D&D/AD&D monsters, and their cutest presentation ever can be found in Dragon's Crown (2013):

Sadly, there are no gelatinous cubes to be found in Baldur's Gate 3.
wetbox.png
According to 5e cubes can be grappled, so they can't move and therefore are unable to swallow you lol. Maybe it's for the best.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
With regard to endings, I think one of my favourite ending variations is when as Durge you accept Bhaal's power in the temple but then destroy the elder brain anyway and can choose to stab yourself to death at the very end rather than live as Bhaal's puppet. It's tragic but in some ways it feels more realistic from a non-metagaming perspective; you obviously don't know that Withers is going to come save the day and resurrect you if you choose to die and given that you were the one who was part of masterminding the plot there's good reason on a Durge run to assume you're one of the best people to try and regain control of the brain, so choosing the option that definitely keeps you alive makes sense practically even for a good Durge. It probably varies a lot depending on how you play your character, so it might be ridiculous in someone else's run, but I felt like it made the most sense in mine and I'm glad they gave you that option.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom