Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Bigfass

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

1694841696961.png

Bigfass

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Really dislike this fad of creating celebrities out of voice actors. Very Hollywood -esque so it can't be good.
I watched a few of those vids (OK, skimmed through most parts) and they're super boring people. They have the Hollywood vacuousness with none of the charisma. Idk how they'd get to be celebrities, but it's not my call so who knows.

fuckin stupid game. reaching level cap with so many quests active and only half of Baldur's Gate "lower city" explored.
Install UnlockLevelCurve (or one of the other similar mods) and never stop dinging. (Yes, it will make the game easier, but it's not like act 3 combat is a challenge so who cares.)

The game already does, partly because 5e still hasn't fixed dead/lame levels.
Multiclassing helps with this. You'll still get some unavoidable empty levels but you can make most of them fun.

So, can you kill the drag queen that gay black guy voiced?
Yes, you can pew from the church roof with impunity and he drops a very good pair of caster gloves. You can also do a super annoying fetch quest for the gloves instead that you won't be able to finish for quite some time; so really, it's not a hate crime. (Sneak kill the skeletons first so it's just him spazzing out for a couple of turns.)

sea niggers lmao i bet they can't swim
They're literally a drowning fetish cult, so...

kangaxx

Arbiter

Bigfass

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
That doesn't even seem to make sense. Doesn't siding with Redhammer force you into killing the sea fetishists? If this weirdo wants to show off Gale's thighs then siding with Redhammer is the thing to do.. just head to the temple and finish the job afterwards. There's also a bank vault key in there.
No, they give you a quest to kill Redhammer, and the robe is the reward for it. I don't think there's any other way to get one, even though they're all wearing it. It's a terrible magic item so it's not like anyone cares.

kangaxx

Arbiter
I'm sure I got some kind of robe from defending Redhammer and killing the sea elves, plus a load of other loot when I killed everyone back at the temple. Anyway maybe its a different robe. Either way Gale ended up looking gay.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is it the corpse from the vampire mansion?

Edit:
Kinda reminds me of getting a sickness on my character in WoW (a long time ago) that also damaged party members. So I got the sickness on my character in a dungeon, and then immediately warped back to town. When there I invited my friends low level bank character so I could kill him with the sickness :cool:

Last edited:

Bigfass

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I'm pretty sure it's the dead girl from the room with the cursed door where you have to pick up a key or something.

You can probably do something similar with Gale's dead body much earlier though, it also has a damage aura.

MerchantKing

Learned

Ah yes. The typical Barrelmancy by Larian. It's a shame that it made it into this game. They haven't made anything close to an rpg for the last decade until now. They've only made gimmick puzzle games with puzzle combat based on finding some gimmick or exploit to win rather than relying on building an effective character and using it correctly. At best they've only made "parodies" of crpgs. They fall short of being parodies since their "jokes" aren't funny.

Rhobar121

Scholar

Ah yes. The typical Barrelmancy by Larian. It's a shame that it made it into this game. They haven't made anything close to an rpg for the last decade until now. They've only made gimmick puzzle games with puzzle combat based on finding some gimmick or exploit to win rather than relying on building an effective character and using it correctly. At best they've only made "parodies" of crpgs. They fall short of being parodies since their "jokes" aren't funny.

At least they accurately portrayed the gnomes as a bunch of gays. Plus you can murder them all 10/10

MerchantKing

Learned

At least they accurately portrayed the gnomes as a bunch of gays. Plus you can murder them all 10/10

Cool it with the antinanatic remarks. There are no Gnomes in this game, only halflings.

jf8350143

Liturgist
If you lie to the guy in front of the magic shop in act 3, didn't tell him anything about nightsong, he will still refers nightsong as she/her indicate that he knows what nightsong is instead of thinking it's an artifact.

This game has so many small errors all over the place and people are praising Larian for "paying attention to the deails". Really shows how much the critics' score has a influence on people's attitude.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Also Larian has fixed Minthara's content trigger for 10 times already and she still has barely any. Stop pretending it's a bug, just admit she has no content and be done with it.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
Also Larian has fixed Minthara's content trigger for 10 times already and she still has barely any. Stop pretending it's a bug, just admit she has no content and be done with it.
I'm pretty sure it's a bug, I had her with me in Act 3 recently and she talks a bunch and has something to say on almost everything, eventually she says she's going to spend the night with you and then nothing triggers on rest though so they still haven't fully fixed it. I'm not defending them repeatedly saying it's fixed when it's not but it seems clear there's a bunch of stuff in the lategame now for her that wasn't there before.

Last edited:

Larianshill

Arbiter
If you lie to the guy in front of the magic shop in act 3, didn't tell him anything about nightsong, he will still refers nightsong as she/her indicate that he knows what nightsong is instead of thinking it's an artifact.
I am pretty sure he knows she's a person all along. The only way you can get to the top of the tower in the first place is through solving a quiz, to which "the Nightsong is a person" is the correct answer.

jf8350143

Liturgist
No random encounters and no world map to travel + no night/day cycle put me on hold for now until I finish Trudograd first.

I think one of the good points of the game is that it doesn't waste your time with pointless shitmobs unlike Pathfinder games.
One could argue 90% of the encouters in act 3 are pointless trashmob, because you don't get anything from them and they are piss easy.

There is no worthy loot, no experience becuase you have already hit the level cap.

jf8350143

Liturgist
I am pretty sure he knows she's a person all along. The only way you can get to the top of the tower in the first place is through solving a quiz, to which "the Nightsong is a person" is the correct answer.
I'm not talking about the wizard, it's the merc you met in front of the groove in chapter 1. He doesn't know what nightsong is, you can tell him and he will react accordingly.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
There's a White Wyll mod but no White Ravengard mod so dear old da is still a dindu.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom