Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

MerchantKing

Learned
What the hell? You barely even get to know the monsters. You fight like two fights against Gnolls and that's it. If anything this game feels like a waste of content. Who models and textures a beautiful monster and then gives it barely a single appearance?
Belgians.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
What the hell? You barely even get to know the monsters. You fight like two fights against Gnolls and that's it. If anything this game feels like a waste of content. Who models and textures a beautiful monster and then gives it barely a single appearance?

I was disappointed by that too. The Gnolls were pretty cool and well done, I could have done with facing them a few more times.

Rhobar121

Scholar
I can't believe people are complaining that the game doesn't have enemy recycling.
Until recently, a large variety of enemies was an advantage of every game, but as I see, some of them have already had their brains eaten away because of too much shit

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I can definitively complain that game does not have enough combat as far as my tastes go. I have a lot of cool toys at my disposal in terms of classes/abilities/spells combos, but barely anything on the map to test them against. Balance of time spent on actual combat vs time wasted talking + looting + exploring (pixel hunting) is way off for my liking and the whole thing feels tedious quite often.

volklore

Arcane
I also think the game could use more combat. Assuming it was made harder or there was actual attrition mechanics in place. As it stand, past lvl 5, more combat would just mean more easy fights to clap.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
There should be more no-rest areas in dungeons that you can only exit when you finish them.

I wouldn't say that there is not enough combat though and enemy variety is a plus, not a minus

Rhobar121

Scholar
There should be more no-rest areas in dungeons that you can only exit when you finish them.

I wouldn't say that there is not enough combat though and enemy variety is a plus, not a minus
Swen said that originally there were supposed to be a lot of them, but people complained so they limited them to a minimum.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I will admit I'm struggling against this adamantine golem. The lava flood seems janky as hell, sometimes it lasts multiple turns, sometimes it doesnt even last until the current character ends their turn. Stomping the golem with the forge seems to remove it's superheated status, so you lose at least two turns of hitting it. Leave the golem alive for more than a few turns and it starts doing huge aoe stomps that deal 20 damage per turn to the entire party. Its melee attacks do 30-50 damage with really good chance to hit.

pseudo-edit: In the end I beat it only by the most boring strategy of ai manipulation possible by turning of all reaction attacks and just kiting the golem back and forth into the lava and the forge. The fucking tooltip won't even accurately report its movement speed.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Leave the golem alive for more than a few turns and it starts doing huge aoe stomps that deal 20 damage per turn to the entire party. Its melee attacks do 30-50 damage with really good chance to hit.
I had only the Barbarian down there who gets half damage when enraged. And when the turn ends on a sniper hitting the golem last, the golem sometimes ignores the Barbarian, but cannot do anything about the characters that are high up

volklore

Arcane
Leave the golem alive for more than a few turns and it starts doing huge aoe stomps that deal 20 damage per turn to the entire party. Its melee attacks do 30-50 damage with really good chance to hit.
I had only the Barbarian down there who gets half damage when enraged. And when the turn ends on a sniper hitting the golem last, the golem sometimes ignores the Barbarian, but cannot do anything about the characters that are high up
You could litterally just bounce him between two ranged and leave your melee out of it and you'll eventually grind him down. If you don't have a good initiative order you'd have to pass a round on of of the ranged each turn since the golem always targets the last person that hit it.
Of course Alert feat makes controlling who the golem targets a lot better since when your character land next to each other in the initiative order, you can freely switch between them even even in the middle of their rounds.

Sacibengala

Prophet
I put all four down there, one on the lever for the hammer, one on the lever for the lava, and 2 in opposite sides aggroing him back and forth through the hammer. It worked after some time experimenting with it, though.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/3656415107310390368

Hotfix #7 Now Live!
Version Number: 4.1.1.3735951

Hello everyone,

We’ve got a small hotfix for you today, taking care of several crashes and savegame issues. We continue to look at your feedback, and are preparing additional hotfixes for issues you’ve reported. This includes an issue with shared items when dismissing companions, which we are aware of and looking into.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about these issues, and thank you for playing Baldur’s Gate 3.

CHANGES
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when listening in on some dialogues during a multiplayer session.
  • Fixed crashes caused by corrupted item stacks that could occur when unloading a level or moving to a new region.
  • Fixed a savegame issue when loading into a new region while Withers' Wardrobe was still loaded in an old region.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when loading savegames with potentially invalid items in the inventory.
  • Fixed a savegame issue relating to traps.
  • Removed duplicated characters and items caused by items being taken across two different cached levels.
  • Fixed the preview for the text background option not changing height after you reduce the Dialogue Text Size.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Is the trick that it's vulnerable to lava? Because so is everyone in my party
only one char down, others up on a ledge, the character down hides once he moved the platform to the lower level. You can shoot the lever to activate the lava, as the lava gives the golem a condition wherein he stops being invincible. Then kill him with arrows and spells from above
Or you can punch him with monk and beat him up.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Go back to Deep Roads.
This beautiful wastefulness and encounter designs are the best part of BG3. They carry the whole thing.
The only other game that did that is ToEE.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
ToEE had also decent RPG system, and character design. Most of people you encountered didn't have horns.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Not reusing monster also makes it feel more like an actual tabletop game. There are 300 monsters in the monster manual. Most GMs won't bother reusing the same creatures too many times in a single campaign. I think if there's one lesson to learn from BG is that it's absolutely OK to let the player walk around and explore locations instead of forcing another battle with shitmobs every 5 minutes. I suspect that everyone will ignore that aspect of the game and will try to replicate bear sex meme and then wonder why their game didn't sell.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
The writing for the main story is such a mess. Just convoluted and not interesting. And shadowheart has the exact same bubbley personality whether she's a Shar or Selune follower. Larian sucks at writing

MerchantKing

Learned
only one char down, others up on a ledge, the character down hides once he moved the platform to the lower level. You can shoot the lever to activate the lava, as the lava gives the golem a condition wherein he stops being invincible. Then kill him with arrows and spells from above
Be a man. Use blunt weapons.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
I really can't get over how little effort Larian puts into C&C when it was touted as amazing. The flagship party companion literally acts the exact same way no matter which of the polar opposite paths you chose. I can't get over how bad they implemented her as a dark justicar.

Perfect microcosm of the game as a whole, the choices are superfluous very little variation no matter you do. And everything makes more sense with the good path.

Mortmal

Arcane
I can't believe people are complaining that the game doesn't have enemy recycling.
Until recently, a large variety of enemies was an advantage of every game, but as I see, some of them have already had their brains eaten away because of too much shit
There's absolutely no recycling, and the encounters are all strategically handcrafted, yet they would complain about literally everything. Unfortunately, the Codex has declined significantly, and the ratio of retarded posters to good ones in 2023 is slightly over 50% now.

Yosharian

Arcane
I will admit I'm struggling against this adamantine golem. The lava flood seems janky as hell, sometimes it lasts multiple turns, sometimes it doesnt even last until the current character ends their turn. Stomping the golem with the forge seems to remove it's superheated status, so you lose at least two turns of hitting it. Leave the golem alive for more than a few turns and it starts doing huge aoe stomps that deal 20 damage per turn to the entire party. Its melee attacks do 30-50 damage with really good chance to hit.

pseudo-edit: In the end I beat it only by the most boring strategy of ai manipulation possible by turning of all reaction attacks and just kiting the golem back and forth into the lava and the forge. The fucking tooltip won't even accurately report its movement speed.
I used a healing strategy with my Cleric to keep my team alive, as you say he puts out quite a lot of damage in an AOE so it's tricky.

I didn't struggle too much evading his physical attacks, you need a high AC character to be the last person to attack him basically

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Be a man. Use blunt weapons.
Real hardcore are using monk fists and stun.
Or you can use shatter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom