Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Bioware Refugees are really the worst.
They are so starved for degenerate sex scenes in RPGs they're gonna fuck monsters and argue why it is ok. :P
It's a pity that computer games are now digital, so that we were denied cover art representing the true nature of Baldur's Gate 3:

00058-23886176360ffhu.png
00118-1980790536l6fk0.png

00072-2147178570w2ehw.png
00079-214717857740fr0.png

00100-837017135uicds.png
00099-837017134bndzb.png

They are so starved for degenerate sex scenes in RPGs they're gonna fuck monsters and argue why it is ok. :P
It's a pity that computer games are now digital, so that we were denied cover art representing the true nature of Baldur's Gate 3...
Er, wasn't the bear gay? What's it doing with all those women? Surely cover art representing the true nature of Baldur's Gate 3 would be pairing it with men.

VerSacrum

Educated
It's a pity that computer games are now digital, so that we were denied cover art representing the true nature of Baldur's Gate 3...
Er, wasn't the bear gay? What's it doing with all those women? Surely cover art representing the true nature of Baldur's Gate 3 would be pairing it with men.
He's a pansexual degenerate and suspected kiddy diddler that would be tossed into a bog by any proper druid

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
As with all characters in BG3, the bear druid has no identity except to indulge the fetishistic fantasies of Larian's desired audience. I thought these covers in the style of a women's romance novel were funny, though. :M

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Am I going to have to side with Minthara when I get back to this just to avoid the Halsin cringe?

Would rather get the old Thiefling chief guy than either one.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Is the guardian is balduran, I'm also confused by why the default setup for him is a drow women.
What was even the plan ? "Yes, I'm going to take the form of the most distrusted race of the realm, surely simpery will allow me to carry out my plan"

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
>I think it was supposed to be a tribute for older fans.

- Let's make Balduran a gay pocket squid.
- Let's turn Sarevok and Viconia into generic villains. You didn't like BG2 killing companions? Well, now you get to kill them yourself!

2b2d7dff3230598393b4a221471a0c45.gif

At this point I'm reasonably sure Belgians are not mammals.
Sarevok has always been a cartoon villain though. And Viconia was an evil cunt, so checks out.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well raphael fight was underwhelming. Even without cheesing he is easy.

Awesome soundtrack though lol.

Hands down the hardest fight in the game is keeping the gnomes alive in the factory because these idiots keep misty-stepping into exploding robots.

volklore

Arcane
Is the guardian is balduran, I'm also confused by why the default setup for him is a drow women.
What was even the plan ? "Yes, I'm going to take the form of the most distrusted race of the realm, surely simpery will allow me to carry out my plan"
Because the whole point of the emperor appearance in this is catfishing straight males playing this game because the cucksquad probably thought it was very subversive.
Your explanation assume most people know or care about FR ''lore''.

Blutwurstritter

Learned
It's a pity that computer games are now digital, so that we were denied cover art representing the true nature of Baldur's Gate 3:

00058-23886176360ffhu.png
00118-1980790536l6fk0.png

00072-2147178570w2ehw.png
00079-214717857740fr0.png

00100-837017135uicds.png
00099-837017134bndzb.png
I think you would be a real asset for Larian with your talents.

Crichton

Prophet
Did anyone here played as Gale origin character? I"m curious if changes many things.

I did, but since I haven't played through as anyone else it's hard to compare.

I did get the option to size the crown, but it's kind of a dud ending (strongly implied that Mystra just fries you instantly). Didn't try the simp ending (asking to become her herald). Giving her the crown wraps things up but isn't very interesting. Also didn't try going full Ghail al Wattadep and conducting a martyrdom operation in act II.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Emperor is not well written, unless you are only comparing him to other characers in this game.

He is only "well written" if you go with the ideal route Larian sets for him, aka playing as an absolute retard who trusts a mind flayer who has done nothing but spewing lies and manilpulate you.

If you don't trust him his whole story arc completely falls part because he can't control you, so he will threat you all the time, he knows you will take him down the moment you get the chance.

The thing is, most of your companions are true soul, all of them relay on the emperor to protect them, there is nothing special about the MC, he can just withdraw his power and let the MC die. The rest can still work with him and achieve the goal just fine and they probabbly will do that because they don't really have a choice if they want to survive. But he can't do anything to you solely because you are the protagnist.

And you can't do anything to him either because Larian loves him so much they have to shove him in your face.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Maybe, but what sucks is that guy removed his post on Reddit which listed all the missing things.

jf8350143

Liturgist

Shig

Novice
WoW, so many cut content in Baizuo's Gate 3. Any chance that Larian will restore it?
The inevitable "Definitive Edition" will likely have some of it, the rest will probably be lost forever. I'd bet good money on them never doing the Minthara stuff they cut, as an example.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh wow the last 2 hours of the game sucks. No ending slides, like dude, i am not expecting new vegas ending slides, but wotr had ending slides that feels sufficient. Each character just get 2-3 lines of dialogue, astarion's last scene is
literally him running from sunlight

Emperor/orpheus is rhe worst offender here.
Emperor: you need to become squid
Me:nope, you are squid kid!
Emperor: but thou must
Me: fuck you!
Emperor: fuck you guys i am going home (came back to mama netherbrain's basement) like wtf dude? At least you just could've fight me there, he has no reason to side with the absolute, but i guess he was always spiteful. So petty that he's actually stupid.

Then i break fuckboy prince out of his cage

Frog prince: you need to become squid!
Me: noooooo! Fuck you. No u!
Froggy: umm ok
Frog prinnce became squid prince. Nice stat tho

Still enjoyed the game, but probably won't replay until they released goty edition or some shit. Journey before destination i guess.

Act 1 is great, most polished, but too low level to bw enjoyed.
Act 2 is my favorite. Great setpieces and mood, on tactician you need 80 camp supplies and until you get to the final area food are relatively scarce (unless you go back and you can, loot the previous areas of food) but overall very strong chapter.
Act 3 was ok. A lot less reactive, a bit rushed i guess but still had cool moment like dragon fight and raphael and lorroakan. I just enjoy killing smug assholes i guess.
The main problem is the fibal part of the game.

Final boss is easy, but tedious since enemies keep respawning, and summoning allies just make the turn queue longer. I could finish my turn, made some tea and have it still the NPC turn.

Solid 8/10 but i'd rather play wotr again.

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Agreed. The act 2 is by far my favorite act.

I just din't liked the ending. But the reactivity and atmosphere is amazing.

If Larian releases a side story DLC, I hope that they make a shadowfell based story.

Mortmal

Arcane
The mind flayer sex scene is the worst video game thing I've ever seen.

I think the bear scene is far worse.

The scary thing is, a fantasy tentacle monster sex scene is more acceptable than bestiality. At least it is a humanoid.
I think Larian studios must be a very fun place to work at. Imagine a group of fellow nerds playing D&D together in a Belgian RPG group, the like i visited in my youth. The rooms behind the shop where they sell miniatures and stuff, everyone having a few beers. It takes one hour for everyone to stop their bullshit, then focus and start playing. Some dude has a funny idea while role-playing, and the DM is as drunk as everyone else, saying, 'Sure, I'll take that into account.' That's how the druid polymorph sex scene gets into the game, and you can romance the illithid. They aren't taking themselves seriously; someone on the team dared them to do it, and they did.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom