Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Hagashager

Educated
Stop doing this. Don't justify any of this. The fact you'd say, "The bear sex is worse" is part of the problem.

Far be from me to sound like a reactionary, but damn, neither of these are 'k. Don't justify any of it as good writing. It is actually degenerate.

Hagashager

Educated
I'm like those dog men fron Christian myth. Furries think the Christian dog men would be furries too, but they're actually the most devout followers and would kill furries on sight.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
I think the Emperor scene is meant to be awkward because as you find out if you choose the rude options to turn him down the Emperor isn't actually into it and is just doing it to manipulate you, which makes way more sense than mindflayers getting off if you tug on their tentacles.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I think the Emperor scene is meant to be awkward because as you find out if you choose the rude options to turn him down the Emperor isn't actually into it and is just doing it to manipulate you, which makes way more sense than mindflayers getting off if you tug on their tentacles.
:philosoraptor:

That would imply that Larian considers fucking a squid an alluring idea, appropriate as a method of sexual manipulation.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Full turbo build-autism à la Pathfinder is not required (thankfully).
I mean, even if you wanted, it's not like you could. At most, you're going to do what, pick level in three different class for a somewhat subpar difference ? 5e is tailored for normie, not nerd.
And that's a good thing
For making bank, yes, this is pretty obvious and the steam chart are certainly not going to contradict that.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Full turbo build-autism à la Pathfinder is not required (thankfully).
I mean, even if you wanted, it's not like you could. At most, you're going to do what, pick level in three different class for a somewhat subpar difference ? 5e is tailored for normie, not nerd.
And that's a good thing
For making bank, yes, this is pretty obvious and the steam chart are certainly not going to contradict that.
5e introducing concentration to counter retarded buff stacking makes it superior to the old systems alone.

Keep the spreadsheet autism to garbage like Owlcat games.

Yosharian

Arcane
Honestly there is quite a lot of build autism in the game, it's just that it's shifted to the insane itemization rather than the classes themselves - although even they can be a bit arcane due to weird implementations and abilities not working as described

So actually no, it's not much less autistic than PF

Although Concentration is a good mechanic for sure, even if people whine about it

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Pathfinder is bloated garbage
5e is dumbed down garbage
But they're both garbage
Ok Einstein, what is the perfect system then?
Shit system for melee characters and casters were too op, 5e has better balance and less autism

But they're both garbage
HYBRID
Jebus christ,site is too much autism for me post summary

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
post summary
Keep the following in mind : @ 1,000 C0 PL @ C1, MAGNITUDE = SIZE OR MASS OF KNOWN UNIVERSE, which is about PL or power level that of MU Galactus. In other words, 100 C1 DP = 2 dimensional plane on a universal scale. Next, for LOBO’s C1 DP is (1/2) that of Nova, meaning if you put Nova @ 66 C1 DP, then LOBO be @ 33 C1 DP. But, if you put LOBO @ 33 C1 DP, then you need to put MU Wolverine @ minimum of @ 18 C1 DP, normally @ 19 C1 DP, but his highest rating ever was @ 20 C1 DP, but his power rating decreased over the years, since he first joined the X-Men, when he was @ 20 C1 DP in MU comics, but a rating of 33 C2 DP is thatfor Sabertooth & 66 C2 DP minimum rating forJuggernaut @ MINIMUM. And, RULE # 107 explains it in XDY system, where X = # of dice & Y = # sides for each similar dice, though I suppose you can use different combination of dice to play a or any rpg including HYBRID, for D6, D10, & D20 system, where the 1st # rolled = his C1 DP or default psyche as most common way to create characters, where rolling a 20 on a 1d20 = 20 C1 DP or magnitude for his/her/its soul.

Delterius

Arcane
But they're both garbage
freeform anarcho d20ism
as an illustration

image.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom