Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Hagashager

Educated
The mind flayer sex scene is the worst video game thing I've ever seen.

I think the bear scene is far worse.

The scary thing is, a fantasy tentacle monster sex scene is more acceptable than bestiality. At least it is a humanoid.
I think Larian studios must be a very fun place to work at. Imagine a group of fellow nerds playing D&D together in a Belgian RPG group, the like i visited in my youth. The rooms behind the shop where they sell miniatures and stuff, everyone having a few beers. It takes one hour for everyone to stop their bullshit, then focus and start playing. Some dude has a funny idea while role-playing, and the DM is as drunk as everyone else, saying, 'Sure, I'll take that into account.' That's how the druid polymorph sex scene gets into the game, and you can romance the illithid. They aren't taking themselves seriously; someone on the team dared them to do it, and they did.
You're giving Larian too much freedom here. 5e DnD is a horny game, by the admission of WOTC themselves. "Can I fuck it?" is a tagline of the game.

I guarantee you Larian put in both Druid bear sex and Illithid sex because a marketer at WOTC demanded it.

Absolutely nothing in BG3 was taken for granted. That all the lead writers are Americans or Britbongs says as much. Whatever freedom Larian was given was freedom that had nothing to do with the DnD brand.

Mortmal

Arcane

The scary thing is, a fantasy tentacle monster sex scene is more acceptable than bestiality. At least it is a humanoid.
I think Larian studios must be a very fun place to work at. Imagine a group of fellow nerds playing D&D together in a Belgian RPG group, the like i visited in my youth. The rooms behind the shop where they sell miniatures and stuff, everyone having a few beers. It takes one hour for everyone to stop their bullshit, then focus and start playing. Some dude has a funny idea while role-playing, and the DM is as drunk as everyone else, saying, 'Sure, I'll take that into account.' That's how the druid polymorph sex scene gets into the game, and you can romance the illithid. They aren't taking themselves seriously; someone on the team dared them to do it, and they did.
You're giving Larian too much freedom here. 5e DnD is a horny game, by the admission of WOTC themselves. "Can I fuck it?" is a tagline of the game.

I guarantee you Larian put in both Druid bear sex and Illithid sex because a marketer at WOTC demanded it.

Absolutely nothing in BG3 was taken for granted. That all the lead writers are Americans or Britbongs says as much. Whatever freedom Larian was given was freedom that had nothing to do with the DnD brand.
You don't get any of this in any of the WotC books. It's the usual Puritan woke, and the later the books are published, the more emphasis there is on it. I think Larian had a lot of freedom there, and being European does not cater to all that woke Puritanism with a heavy dose of censorship like absolutely everything produced in the USA recently.

Hagashager

Educated

You don't get any of this in any of the WotC books. It's the usual Puritan woke, and the later the books are published, the more emphasis there is on it. I think Larian had a lot of freedom there, and being European does not cater to all that woke Puritanism with a heavy dose of censorship like absolutely everything produced in the USA recently.
Last I checked splatbooks go into heavy detail about Trans and LGBTQ characters, someone in this thread mentioned some Non-Binary festival in Waterdeep.

Warch *any* Critical Role video and you will see it, all of which is endorsed or even funded by WOTC.

Zurbo

Novice
Are the tieflings being that common and casual lizardmen in the city some feats of 5e or it's another larian shit?

Maybe it's because of the tiefling refugee group from act 1, but I feel like I'm seeing more tieflings than dwarves in this world.

Mortmal

Arcane

Last I checked splatbooks go into heavy detail about Trans and LGBTQ characters, someone in this thread mentioned some Non-Binary festival in Waterdeep.

Warch *any* Critical Role video and you will see it, all of which is endorsed or even funded by WOTC.
Indeed, but would you expect any frontal nudity in those WOTC materials, or anything explicit at all? Some nude artworks? Even in the most hardcore dark fantasy RPG books from the USA, it's not allowed, and the very best you can find is some nipples or a blurry nude body. So, a Non-Binary festival in Waterdeep, but everything will be chaste. It's a woke puritan approach, which is drastically different from Larian, who simply seems woke and progressive.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Larian: fuck the lore, write whatever shit they want, even if it conflicts with the setting of DnD or the previous two games' story.

players: WoW it's must be the WOTC force them to write these. It's definately not Larian's fault the game has shit writing.

Rhobar121

Scholar

WoW, so many cut content in Baizuo's Gate 3. Any chance that Larian will restore it?

Just because something is in the game files doesn't mean it ever existed. This is the most serious mistake people make.
We don't really have any idea what stage of development these elements were at, they might as well have never progressed beyond concept.
As long as there are no models or sound files in the files, it's hard to prove otherwise.
Some of it is also just a changed concept (like creshe) , some of it was probably cut out for some reason at some stage of production (which is normal for any project).

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Still enjoyed the game, but probably won't replay until they released goty edition or some shit

Typical Larian game I say. You enjoy it while playing but won't give you any reasons to replay unless enhanced version or co-op with buddies. This is kinda their best one yet because older titles had really shallow end game sections. They get better with Div OS 2 but it was still bad when you reach the last city.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Still enjoyed the game, but probably won't replay until they released goty edition or some shit

Typical Larian game I say. You enjoy it while playing but won't give you any reasons to replay unless enhanced version or co-op with buddies. This is kinda their best one yet because older titles had really shallow end game sections. They get better with Div OS 2 but it was still bad when you reach the last city.
I can't stand the diablo loot of previous lariam game. I played them once, thats it. I enjoyed the first playtrough, after that have no desire to play it again. There is no incentive for exploration because a purple item you get in previous chapter will quickly get outclassed by generic vendor weapons because you are 5 level above the weapon level. All those "unique" effects are useless when the the raw damage is twice over the old one.

At least bg3, in the future, i can imagine making lightning monk, using various electricity synergy equipment, or maybe a bard knight that buff himself using various unique instrument and bardic inspiration synergy gears.

rubinstein

Educated
i downloaded bg3, created a character, and... and i cannot bring myself to play it, after hearing all the shit about the awful writing and game becoming worse and worse the more you play :negative: . i start the game, stare at the main menu screen like a senile person stares at terminal's screen when asked to remove the card, and then i exit the game.
i would be interested in creating my own adventure. i am at an age when i would rather make games than play them. are there any fresh news about "campaign editor" or anything like it? i can find some vague promises here and there online, but nothing substantial.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
i downloaded bg3, created a character, and... and i cannot bring myself to play it, after hearing all the shit about the awful writing and game becoming worse and worse the more you play :negative: . i start the game, stare at the main menu screen like a senile person stares at terminal's screen when asked to remove the card, and then i exit the game.
i would be interested in creating my own adventure. i am at an age when i would rather make games than play them. are there any fresh news about "campaign editor" or anything like it? i can find some vague promises here and there online, but nothing substantial.
Stop listening to the retards here, they hate everything. Look at steam reviews, most objective metric to know if something's good:

afbeelding.png

Black

Arcane
Stop listening to the retards here, they hate everything. Look at steam reviews, most objective metric to know if something's good:

afbeelding.png
lol sucker numbers
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2420510/HoloCure__Save_the_Fans/

rubinstein

Educated
a lot of fans consider second half of the game to be underwhelming. when folks (coworkers, other always-online losers) tell me "bro bg3 is fucking goty, act I is fucking amazing, but, yeah... acts II and (especially) III suck" then, it does not motivate me to play. i also played the game for around 3h like half a year ago, and i was impressed with the potential of the engine (in context of creating custom campaigns), but bg3 didnt impress me that much. maybe i played too little to get hooked.
what is more, i simply dont like larians degeneracy and writing. i know, i control the buttons, but i simply dont want to take my chances and end up interacting with some trademark larian filth. this demoralizes me heavily too.

tl:dr i would like to experience bg3, and even acquire taste for it, but i just cant force myself to start, because all the shit around the game and my earlier experiences. i would gladly try out custom campaigns in the future, or maybe even try to create one.

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Larian: fuck the lore, write whatever shit they want, even if it conflicts with the setting of DnD or the previous two games' story.

players: WoW it's must be the WOTC force them to write these. It's definately not Larian's fault the game has shit writing.

Woketards of the c*** is working hard to destroy D&D. And butched the lore way more than Larian could ever dream.

Puritans bred like rabbits, woke hardly fuck at all.

When he mention woke puritan, he mentions the morality : Everything which the average cis male likes is heresy and everything "against standards" "muh progress". And everything liked by cis males are things for incels, for them even Dan Bilzerian is an incel.

they hate everything.

No one in codex seems to hate UnderRail for example.

bro bg3 is fucking goty, act I is fucking amazing, but, yeah... acts II and (especially) III suck" then, it does not motivate me to play.

Honestly, for me is the opposite.

I really enjoyed Act 2 but don't wanna to replay Balzuo's Gate 3 exactly because act 1. I already finished the game going full dark urge and full resist(with a save before the slayer power). I only disliked the ending parts of act 2 where you destroy a deity avatar at lv 8/9. Everything else is amazing. Act 3 I fell a bit lost and had to lower the graphics but that is it. Act 1 in other hands, I only liked the underdark part which is optional. There are so many interesting quests there and good encounters there.

If you don't wanna to play act 1, here is my save in middle of act 2, you can respec into another class if you don't like a Human Necromancer but the hag bonus is to int, so your char will be a bit suboptimal if you decide to respec into a non int class : https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/baldurs-gate-3-release-thread.147890/page-569#post-8708494

----------------------------

Class choices in BG3:

ACfYX7v.png

https://gamerant.com/baldurs-gate-3-most-popular-classes-races/#:~:text=Paladin is the most popular,large majority of character creations.

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's a great game. Literally the only one who fuss about the bear sex are people who never played the game.

It's not a masterpiece or anything but well made rpg with obvious tons of passion put into it. The hornh aspect is a flaw that you can easily, very easily avoid in this game.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated

Calling things Puritan is unbelievably cringe. Make it more obvious you're a weirdo degenerate and probably an incel

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
A friend gave me his steam and geforce now accounts to play with. I've played BG3 for about an hour.

Futa charname is very tempting.

I can't say much yet, but the UI seems very clunky and cluttered. I suppose I'll get used to it, but for now it seems like another 3d crpg that I'd much prefer was 2d isometric.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

afbeelding.png
lol sucker numbers
When there are more overwhelming positive reviews recently than HoloCure did in its entire runtime then your argument isn't as convincing as you think it is

Shig

Novice

To be fair WotC's writing hasn't been much better for the majority of this ed. Got the pair shittin in the same pot.

Black

Arcane

afbeelding.png
lol sucker numbers
When there are more overwhelming positive reviews recently than HoloCure did in its entire runtime then your argument isn't as convincing as you think it is
But did you escape the nautiloid yet?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom