Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
anato-finnstark-web-petit.jpg

anato-finnstark-wep-petit.jpg

anato-finnstark-karlesh1.jpg

dat jaw lmao

anato-finnstark-web-peti.jpg
lmao. of course Astarion would be the only decently drawn one.

The others look like AI art.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Slayer is weaker than a minmaxed character at that point

I see. Slayer in BG2 was nuts, able to destroy effortless a mindflayer colony alone. But the reputation cost and the fact that you could't spend much time in the form otherwise the damage kills you was fitting drawbacks.

Any good guide on how to install mods in Linux? I broke my installation when tried.

like AI art.

Nope. Way worse than AI art.

-----------------------------

Doing everything in chapter 1, is possible to reach lv 8? I only reached 7.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Somebody explain this:
Fr'og is from a non-monogamous culture - she wants monogamy in the end.
Karlach says she doesn't mind you having a thing with X person, just "leave some for me too" - but the moment you fuck her she wants monogamy.
Shadowheart has a seemingly slow burn romance - out of nowhere she turns out to be a libertine open to non-monogamous relationship and an orgy in a brothel.

:philosoraptor:

Whad did Swen mean by this?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Slayer form is borderline useless in this game don't even bother

Got it. Is not useless. Can be useful if you are a late game wizard and ran out of spells and can't long rest and don't wanna spend your valuable scrolls.

But yes, is overall too weak compared to BG2 slayer but that is not a big problem for me as EVERYTHING supernatural related is weaker in 5e. Mindflayers for eg could kill a high level party in a single round.

--------------------------------------------------

If someone only wanna test the slayer form and don't wanna re play the entire game, here is my save : https://www.mediafire.com/file/xjlkcaockn1lztj/bg3savebackup.tar.gz/file

Is a lv 8 wizard exactly before the quest to kill the cleric chick and get the mindflayer form. Be awared. Astarion and the Barbarian chick are dead in my save and I din't sided with goblins in act 1. There are hirelings cuz IDK how people would react to doing something as evil as killing a cleric and comdemning a entire city into fall to the shadow curse

I will do a run going full dark urge and after it, reload this save in this part and re do the game resisting the dark urge only to see how things are different. This is why I backuped this save. Lastly, I wanna ask apology to Larianshill I annoyed him a lot repeating the same sperg-hate over and over in BG3 previous thread and he was right. BG3 is much better than what I expected in particularlly, reactivity. There are reactions even for my wiz specialization. One last advice if someone downloads this save. You can respec from necromancer specialized wizard into other class BUT the witch bonus is for his INT. If you decide to play a non wizard, you will gonna have a suboptimal character. He has 19 AC. The location.txt is the location to find the save in Linux. I have no idea about where the saves are located in M$ bloatware/spyware.

I would say that I'm enjoying BG3 more than PF:WoTR but less than Kingmaker. And if someone mods 3E or 2E spells and abilities for monsters into this game and removes the Baizuo nonsense, I would say that would be as great as Kingmaker which is the most played RPG of my life.

Two screenshots :

zY2xWaQ.png

6nEEp5S.png

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Somebody explain this:
Fr'og is from a non-monogamous culture - she wants monogamy in the end.
Karlach says she doesn't mind you having a thing with X person, just "leave some for me too" - but the moment you fuck her she wants monogamy.
Shadowheart has a seemingly slow burn romance - out of nowhere she turns out to be a libertine open to non-monogamous relationship and an orgy in a brothel.

:philosoraptor:

Whad did Swen mean by this?

They shoulda just made it so the women fight over your dick and you can put them all in a harem. It'd be in their character to be harem wenches, 100%. Everyone in the game is a ho.

Devs should've had more balls and added the option.

MerchantKing

Learned
Slayer form is borderline useless in this game don't even bother

Got it. Is not useless. Can be useful if you are a late game wizard and ran out of spells and can't long rest and don't wanna spend your valuable scrolls.

But yes, is overall too weak compared to BG2 slayer but that is not a big problem for me as EVERYTHING supernatural related is weaker in 5e. Mindflayers for eg could kill a high level party in a single round.

--------------------------------------------------

If someone only wanna test the slayer form and don't wanna re play the entire game, here is my save : https://www.mediafire.com/file/xjlkcaockn1lztj/bg3savebackup.tar.gz/file

Is a lv 8 wizard exactly before the quest to kill the cleric chick and get the mindflayer form. Be awared. Astarion and the Barbarian chick are dead in my save and I din't sided with goblins in act 1. There are hirelings cuz IDK how people would react to doing something as evil as killing a cleric and comdemning a entire city into fall to the shadow curse

I will do a run going full dark urge and after it, reload this save in this part and re do the game resisting the dark urge only to see how things are different. This is why I backuped this save. Lastly, I wanna ask apology to Larianshill I annoyed him a lot repeating the same sperg-hate over and over in BG3 previous thread and he was right. BG3 is much better than what I expected in particularlly, reactivity. There are reactions even for my wiz specialization. One last advice if someone downloads this save. You can respec from necromancer specialized wizard into other class BUT the witch bonus is for his INT. If you decide to play a non wizard, you will gonna have a suboptimal character. He has 19 AC. The location.txt is the location to find the save in Linux. I have no idea about where the saves are located in M$ bloatware/spyware.

I would say that I'm enjoying BG3 more than PF:WoTR but less than Kingmaker. And if someone mods 3E or 2E spells and abilities for monsters into this game and removes the Baizuo nonsense, I would say that would be as great as Kingmaker which is the most played RPG of my life.

Two screenshots :

zY2xWaQ.png

6nEEp5S.png
Your character's face reminds me of that church of satan guy from the 80's.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Valuable scrolls? Is it not customary to end every RPG with an inventory absolutely crammed with potions and scrolls saved for a hard fight that never actually happens?

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Valuable scrolls? Is it not customary to end every RPG with an inventory absolutely crammed with potions and scrolls saved for a hard fight that never actually happens?
I actually did spend my good scrolls and potions, and sometimes open my inventory to look a Misty Step scroll, for example, to find out I ran out.
But, I finished the game full of useless scrolls and potions that I never needed, and that you maybe don't even want to waste an action point on in Act I.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
IF I play only the last act in Tactician does I get the achievement?

That depends on the RPG. For eg, in Gothic 2 - Returning, some items more you hoard, less valuable they are for eg, scroll of hailstorm or fire rain at chapter 1 is incredible valuable, when you get access to circle 5 spells, it becomes less valuable but valuable non the less, on circle 6 as you can cast it unlimited, is worthless.

I did used cloudkill in some battles before I got lv 9.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
buck, you will personally answer for the decline if you admit to playing on a difficulty level so low that you may forgo using consumables

MerchantKing

Learned
buck, you will personally answer for the decline if you admit to playing on a difficulty level so low that you may forgo using consumables
But that's how Tactician difficulty works in this game.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
But that's how Tactician difficulty works in this game.

That depends. For pure RP builds playing in tactician?

When I soloed BG2:EE in Legacy of Bhaal difficulty, I had to use consumables a lot : https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/bg2-ee-legacy-of-bhaal-run-as-a-solo-necromancer.139827/

No, cryo is just playing it at the lowest quality possible.

Yes!!! Because as I've said, playing a game for the graphics is like hiring a hooker for the conversation.

Jokes aside, is because my PC GPU is low end. Other aspects of my PC is good but when I"m playing a turn based game, I don't care about graphics.

9ted6

Educated
Zoomer Humor really took a nose dive once AI and scene imposing became a thing. I actually started getting on board with some Zoomer memes, but this derivative dribble where scenes from other media are super-imposed on each other is just trash, actual, thoughtless, low-intelligence trash. Stupid people make these memes for the consumption of stupid people.
In a miserable world where comedy's all corporate, there's something refreshing, genuine and nostalgic about retarded memes. Sometimes it's fun to laugh at something stupid.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
My suggestions for the game :

• Costs and risks for using the tadpole powers - Tadpole powers are just free power ups, without any noticeable negative side.
  • Less XP in late game - You kill a random lv 1 vampire spawn who poses no threat? 400 xp, kill a bat with 1 hp? 210 xp. As an result, you quickly reach the lv cap.
  • More options to get rid of the parasite. For eg, trying to bargain with Cazador to become a vampire. Or to the mage on the Sorcerous Sundries leader to create a artificial construct body and transport your soul there. Or a deal with the Devil. You can make a deal to Raphael for a item but not to get free from the tadpole.
  • Spells like summon elemental should have 10 turn duration and require concentration and if concentration break, become hostile towards the caster as P&P or like in BG2(2e D&D) have a risk of turning against the caster
  • Slayer form must be buffed and have stronger drawback. In BG2, it was ridiculous stronger but had a reputation cost and you could't spend much time in the form or die.
  • An easier way to install mods mainly in Linux(proton) and MAC OSX. I can't mod the game in my Debian and really tried.
  • Early Access character creation screen.
  • More ways to kill Astarion
  • Option to create a char with 18 int/cha/wis/str/con at the cost of having 6 in a secondary attribute
  • A option to play with higher lethality, like maximizing the damage output from players and enemies, for me who played too much bg2, the monsters have too much hp.
  • Allow all necromancer minion to be controlled and took all actions as one. They take too much time to act individually and with Dense Macabre + Animate dead, you can have easily 5 ghouls + 3 flying ghouls.
  • Allow the recast after rest without needing to search another corpse of animate dead

This are my suggestions.

----------------

I also finally got dense macabre

X5dzey2.png

And for those who played 5E. Is 21 DC for a lv 12 character good?

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
  • Allow all necromancer minion to be controlled and took all actions as one. They take too much time to act individually and with Dense Macabre + Animate dead, you can have easily 5 ghouls + 3 flying ghouls.
I think the Act II necromancer fight drops some ring? that gives you the ability to make all your minions attack something.
The way I would've done the necro swarm would be like that. Instead of controlling each minion, the main character has an ability (that doesn't take an action) to target something and the entire swarm tries to go attack it. If you don't use that ability, they should just attack what's closest.

• A option to play with higher lethality, like maximizing the damage output from players and enemies, for me who played too much bg2, the monsters have too much hp.
I have no idea why you think the game needs more damage. Attack already scales more than defense, and already martial classes can clean encounters in 1-2 turns as it is. If anything, I wish we'd get fewer attacks, and less attack power, so we can play attrition and control more, and see all the boss phases and mechanics.

But the rest of your list is good.

jackofshadows

Magister
Yeah the last thing game's balance need is to allow player to do even more damage. What tactician difficulty needs instead is more mobs per encounter, it's not enough. Possibly some nerfs to action buffs like haste, bloodlust elixir. Bosses should have legendary actions. Not to mention overall xp gain decrease and some gear tweaks. It's all pretty obvious but I imagine Larian won't implement any of that and I can't trust modders either so.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom