Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

jackofshadows

Magister
anato-finnstark-web-petit.jpg

anato-finnstark-wep-petit.jpg

anato-finnstark-karlesh1.jpg

dat jaw lmao

anato-finnstark-web-peti.jpg

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
serious dress-wearing

I already explained many times to you. Dress is what you wear. Robes is what your mage master wears.

You can now use the Magic Mirror on hirelings.

They should allow us to change the appearance of companions too.

---------------------------------------

But here is another question. Just by curiosity. If there was no hard level cap, by using all sources of xp possible, which level would PC's be able to obtain? My guess? 14.

Not sure why just about everyone turned into “adult kids”. That’s literally a 10-year old humor and I bet that wasn’t the target audience. The last mentally adult person I met in my life was my grandfather born in 1931. Everyone else, including my parents, refused to grow up. I am like that too.

Peter Pan syndrome, later morphed into kidultism by the time Shrek and My Little Pony rolled out. The core target audience for internet entertainment is between 15 to 25. By the time you hit the latter, you're already too old.

Hagashager

Educated
Really guys? *really*? This is what you're arguing about?

Back on topic, got to Act III, had a decent time so far, most of the bitching here is unfounded, but some of it is true.

In Rivington I am starting to run out of steam.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
One thing which I noticed is that in P&P, martials get a 3rd attack at lv 11. In this game, at lv 10.

But here is a lore question. Is Storm Sorcerer White Dragonborn the canon Dark Urge character and Dark Urge the canon main character?

And other question about Dark Urge, if he gives in into his dark urge, he gets the Slayer form. Does he get anything from suppressing it?

Other question. How do I get the +1 int in act 1? I din't finished the game but decided to start again and din't remember how to do it. And where exactly I go to start teh quest to get dense macabre spell in act 3? Other question. There is any spell better than GREASE in early game? The chance of putting enemies prone and giving advantage to martials is huge.

Rhobar121

Scholar
One thing which I noticed is that in P&P, martials get a 3rd attack at lv 11. In this game, at lv 10.

But here is a lore question. Is Storm Sorcerer White Dragonborn the canon Dark Urge character and Dark Urge the canon main character?

And other question about Dark Urge, if he gives in into his dark urge, he gets the Slayer form. Does he get anything from suppressing it?

Other question. How do I get the +1 int in act 1? I din't finished the game but decided to start again and din't remember how to do it. And where exactly I go to start teh quest to get dense macabre spell in act 3? Other question. There is any spell better than GREASE in early game? The chance of putting enemies prone and giving advantage to martials is huge.
The best spell in early game is hold person, this practically allows you to kill every humanoid boss within 1-2 rounds (auto crit).
Another good spell at the beginning of the game is sleep.

Anything that isn't a paladin (except Outbreaker) and a cleric makes sense as a Dark Urge, although it's best suited as a rogue.
If you do everything dark urge wants, it doesn't end well.
You get the worst possible scenario in act 2 (death of most characters and traders) and you can potentially lose all your companions. Slayer's form is ok, although not that good. You also have a new extremely shitty ending (worse than the basic one)
If you resist (make sure you don't have negative wisdom) you only lose your Slayer form.
You also get a decent redemption story

If you want +1 one to any stat, you have to let auntie Ethel live when she surrenders.

Danse Macabre is unlocked through Necromancy of Thay.

jf8350143

Liturgist

In BG 3 only fighter gets 3rd attack at lv 11, other classes don't get 3rd attack.

The only way to get 3rd attack for other martial class is to muliti-class 5 level of Warlock.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
got to Act III, had a decent time so far, most of the bitching here is unfounded, but some of it is true.

I really loved Act 2. Act 3 is not as bad as people said but in many times I just don't know what to do. The siege in the tower was very cool.

But I started again cuz Slayer form.

hold person, this practically allows you to kill every humanoid boss within 1-2 rounds (auto crit).
Another good spell at the beginning of the game is sleep.

Yep. But require concentration and can't be used to make animals prone.

I din't knew that humans get proeficiency in light armor and shields in 5e. Now I'm using a shield and light armor. 17 AC at lv 4.

Vyvian

Educated
I can't believe the Frog is actually becoming my favorite companion.
There's a lot more to her than it first seems that's for sure.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
GHwJ8Di.gif

XlEvD7I.jpg

Honestly, one of my critiques which I sperged a lot against Larian is that I din't knew how they could continue the Bhaalspawn saga.

Now, I must public admit that I was wrong. The Dark Urge storyline is a good continuation.

For those who unlocked Slayer form. Is Slayer form in BG3 as powerful as in BG2? Seeing the statistics in wiki, seems a lot weaker but without the huge drawbacks from 2.

Rhobar121

Scholar
GHwJ8Di.gif

XlEvD7I.jpg

Honestly, one of my critiques which I sperged a lot against Larian is that I din't knew how they could continue the Bhaalspawn saga.

Now, I must public admit that I was wrong. The Dark Urge storyline is a good continuation.

For those who unlocked Slayer form. Is Slayer form in BG3 as powerful as in BG2? Seeing the statistics in wiki, seems a lot weaker but without the huge drawbacks from 2.
Think what would happen if they followed the original idea and did not separate custom character and dark urge.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Behind the scenes with BG3's sound designer: https://www.youtube.com/@gullskjeggsoundwizardry/videos

In Baldur's Gate 3, when you wear shoes with metal on them, we wanted them to have a unique sound layer of metal clanks. I made some sabatons in the forge (I learned blacksmithing) and recorded an hour session of walking on various surfaces with them loosely on.

"(I learned blacksmithing)" :obviously:

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
For those who unlocked Slayer form. Is Slayer form in BG3 as powerful as in BG2?
Its not. Slayer is weaker than a minmaxed character at that point.
One of the mods I ran on my Dark Urge play was a mod to improve the Slayer form. I only used it where narratively sensible, so no biggie.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom