Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
That mod would go a long way in making this game bearable for me. The next step would be to fix up the writing and get rid of all that degenerate fuckery like Xan sticking his sword up his asshole and all that stupid bullshit.
I'd say this is possible. Just depends on someone with enough time on their hands and a halfway decent understanding of AI tools to rewrite dialog and redub the audio.

Ryzer

Arcane
This game has the same problem than Bethesda games. The blood of lathangar, a legendary artifact shining in a glaring magnificent light that Lae Zel affirm "must cost a fortune" only cost 640 pieces which is lower than a +2 enchanted item.

Last edited:

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Jesus, the irony of a fanbase is just too much. Just let the mod be you uptight asshole. Shame Elon didn't buy reddit and burned it down.
I think reddit is going public soon at a 15 billion dollar valuation... Literally chump change for Elon, hope meme magic turns it into reality. Would break the intrawebs

Jesus, the irony of a fanbase is just too much. Just let the mod be you uptight asshole. Shame Elon didn't buy reddit and burned it down.
I think reddit is going public soon at a 15 billion dollar valuation... Literally chump change for Elon, hope meme magic turns it into reality. Would break the intrawebs
Not really. Reddit users generate the lowest amount of money out of all the big sites out there. I think even tumblr did better in that regard. The only plus it has going for it is that it practically centralized all communities on the internet, but that's on its way out tbh. It's been said that the only way to "fix" these things is going back to the forum model.

Rhobar121

Scholar
This game has the same problem than Bethesda games. The blood of lathangar, a legendary artifact shining in a glaring magnificent light that Lae Zel affirm "must cost a fortune" only cost 640 pieces which is lower than a +2 enchanted item.
You wanted to say like every rpg game in mid and late game.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Nice. Needs an armor change I think though - the boob armor, hehe. Man, that scene would be so much better if he was male from the start. It was a bit eye-rolling the first time through.

jackofshadows

Magister
Aside from the booby armor the problem with him is that he's having the very default human male face, that really doesn't work.

Ryzer

Arcane
In case people forgot what exactly we are dealing with in this game:

L A R I A N
A
R
I
A
N

Daily reminder:

And yes, his profile is exactly what you expected:
️‍
Game designer and writer: Baldur's Gate 3, Divinity: Original Sin 2, EarthNight | Violinist and composer in the olden days | He/Him | #blacklivesmatter

Elttharion

Learned
Hope you bigots aren't supporting the Ser Aylin mod!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/18a4ryt/please_dont_support_the_ser_aylin_mod/

"just so everyone is aware... 'ser Aylin' is not just some random harmless mod that changes Aylin's gender for the fun of it. it's part of a mod pack (housed on another website since most of the mods obviously got taken down from Nexus) called the 'no alphabets' mod which aims to remove every single queer character and every single reference to any queer identity from the entire game, and if that wasn't bad enough the mod creator is also working on removing people of color from the game...

on the website they state that the mod "ensures that the gender and sexuality of world NPCs match medieval status quo" and I was not even slightly surprised to see that instead of just removing the references to Nocturne being trans they instead decided that the easier thing to do (it's not easier) was to turn her into a man who tried to be a woman and then hated it... gee I wonder why they'd do that?and imagine my surprise when I saw that they had no mods that removed any of the magical aspects and creatures in the game in order to make it match "medieval status quo."it's almost as if they don't care about realism and it's actually just about their hatred of queer people, because if they did care about realism they'd be well aware that we have existed since the dawn of time.

the same person who made these mods also created the infamous mod that "fixes" Wyll and his father by making them both white, and the comments are filled with people (including the creator of the mod) who are so excited that they can finally romance Wyll now that they've made him white which is baffling... there were even talks of replacing Wyll's voice with a "white voice" because how are they ever going to be able to enjoy the game when there's still a Black man voicing one of the characters?

oh and this feels fucking random but you know Vitiligo? the disorder that was first described over 1500 years BC? yeah, that's something they're removing too for "realism."

if you're still somehow doubting that there's malicious intent then maybe the fact that someone who was helping the creator called two gay men in the game the f-slur in a list of things they wanted removed from the game and the mod author just replied by thanking them for the help. and I'm sure there's a shit ton more of that if you keep scrolling through it but I couldn't stomach reading any more of it.
they're actually trying to create their own white supremacist paradise... I left a comment informing everyone of all of this and I was blocked within about 20 seconds of posting it.
please don't support this garbage. there is enough hate in the world already.

EDIT: hate to state the obvious, but no... ignoring nazis is actually not the right way to deal with them. disturbing their peace and forcing their actions into the light is. if your focus is on a stranger online not exposing nazis in the exact way you think they should have done it and not on the actual nazis then take a little time to reflect on why that's your priority. I honestly think the biggest mistake I made here was making the title specifically about the mod, and not the group of white supremacists. that is the literal only regret I have."
Some posts from the same redditor:

they/them. 22.
that's not what I'm doing. this is the first time I've ever made a post like this, because I within the span of 2 minutes accidentally stumbled upon a group of white supremacists and it deeply disturbed me, and then when I tried to write a comment about it on the mod page and immediately got blocked I panicked and ran over here to make this post.

this isn't something I do. I don't think people get that.
I didn't do this to feel good about myself. In fact I was terrified to make this post and my heart was beating out of my fucking chest and I spent two hours rewriting and rewriting it and going back and forth about posting it or not posting it, because I know what people in this world are like. people like you. who think it's better to ignore the bad people and let them keep comfortably doing this shit until it escalates because nobody is doing anything about it because nobody wants to feel uncomfortable and inconvenience themselves, but saying that out loud would look bad so it's always 'you saying the nazis did something bad is actually worse than the nazis doing the bad thing'
every. single. fucking. time. I don't speak up with my own words often because of this shit.

and that weird ass trump comment tells me all I need to know about you. you think america is the only place in the world. and let me guess... it's 'vote blue no matter who' in your brain even if your current president is actively allowing a genocide to happen and is spreading misinformation about it.
I don't give a shit about free press. I hate attention more than anything. I honestly didn't even think this post was going to blow up, I was expecting maybe 20 upvotes at most. I don't like interacting with people online or in real life because I don't know how to talk to people. THIS is my actual nightmare.

and you are proving my point with the US bit. the US don't even account for 50% of the traffic on reddit.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I would agree if we were talking about almost any other game. But we're not.

It's a real shame, too, because BG3's combat is among the best I've seen since ToEE. I like it even better than Solasta's, and I'm a huge whoreslut for Solasta.

It's hard to believe how almost everything from my childhood has been commandeered and corrupted: D&D, comics, movies, etc.

I want out, please.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom