Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Reyvik

Novice
https://www.themarysue.com/baldurs-gate-3-mod-makes-all-companions-black/

"BG3 has a diversity problem. This is unfortunately a trend with many of Larian Studios’ games, but their main cast tends to be overwhelmingly white. Wyll is BG3′s only person of color, which is beyond disappointing in so many ways. We’ve talked about the various ways the game fails with race before, which, hopefully, will get resolved in Larian’s next game."

Fck yeah THE mary sue promoting a mod that fixes the inlcusivity problem of BG3! Take that Larian bigots
Can I still make my main protagonist white? I have a fun idea for dark urge run

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy

"BG3 has a diversity problem. This is unfortunately a trend with many of Larian Studios’ games, but their main cast tends to be overwhelmingly white. Wyll is BG3′s only person of color, which is beyond disappointing in so many ways. We’ve talked about the various ways the game fails with race before, which, hopefully, will get resolved in Larian’s next game."

Fck yeah THE mary sue promoting a mod that fixes the inlcusivity problem of BG3! Take that Larian bigots
Can I still make my main protagonist white? I have a fun idea for dark urge run
Make everyone white except the MC.
Call it... Darkie Urge :smug:

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In

They put blacks everywhere, even when it made no sense, but it's never enough for these people.
>several paragraphs whining about black hairstyles in the game even though there were a ton of them.
Even the white hair doesn't look right in BG3. It's not an issue of knowing black hair or not, but of competency in general.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
How is Wyll the only "person of color" when Lae'zel is green and Karlach is red? 3 out of the 6 "main" companions are not white.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Wasn't the whole point of LotR and its bastard children that race is skin deep? Good job not understanding fantasy, journos. However, Larian do "fail at race" in this game, that's true.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
How is Wyll the only "person of color" when Lae'zel is green and Karlach is red? 3 out of the 6 "main" companions are not white.
Astarion isn't even white either. He's albino.

It's basically Gale and Shadowheart in terms of normal white people. In the vanilla game, they're the only white humans you meet until the goblin camp. And the two there are a sadomasochist and a torture victim.

The human adventurer who punches Zelvor is so tan he could pass for being half black.

Aarwolf

Learned

Michael Dawson (he/they) writes about media criticism, race studies, intersectional feminism, and left-wing politics.

Reyvik

Novice
Why these fags are so obsessed with race to the point of being expert in distinguishing someone only by this characteristic? Isn't the point of being antiracist - ignoring skin color and looking only in someones personality? I personally dont mind that poc are in these game but the fact that they all act like modern people from LA

jackofshadows

Magister
It's basically Gale and Shadowheart in terms of normal white people. In the vanilla game, they're the only white humans you meet until the goblin camp.
Moreover, SH is only a half-human. But like I said, to this race studies guy all that matter is amount of niggers. These people are insane. Niggers don't sell. If Larian wouldn't be so cucked and gay this game would sell even more I'm sure.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Larian were smart about this and included all the non-missable gay shit and cuckoldry in act 3, they know most people wouldn't play that far. Because Larian don't have balls.

Rhobar121

Scholar
You assume most people care, but the truth is, as long as the game is good, most people won't give a damn, plus we have the Bioware crowd who only care about romance. These 2 groups are probably majority of players who cares about this game.
If it were otherwise, this game would be dead as Starshit on Steam now

Lacrymas

Arcane
I simply don't know how many people actually care, but it's safer to assume they care.

Shaja

Educated
99t1eect6q4c1.png

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Isn't the point of being antiracist - ignoring skin color and looking only in someones personality?

It isn't. It's performatively pwning the suckers who ignore skin color in a way that's approved by mods instead of the way edgelords like to.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom