Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Why would he, "Black" isn't a thing in the setting.
Has this ever stopped a woke developer?

Shadow of War devs introduced a black to Middle Earth, made the black essentially royalty (and yet somehow still oppressed iirc) and gave him a blond princess to romance. All in a game series about a white guy.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
What? Wyll is just one of these NPCs who die when you attack the druids' grotto, isn't he?
He was for me my first time through. But you can save him and Karlach both and still do an evil playthrough.

All you need to do is recruit them and then kill them. Then, instead of doing the large battle with Minthara, you use mage hand to push the idol off the statue from a distance, causing the druids to kill the tieflings (or maybe slaughter the camp by yourself in some other way idk). Doing this will skip the battle and have Minthara just conquer the camp the day after you make the deal with her. If you don't do this, Wyll will resurrect himself and turn on you.

This route probably locks you into a bad end for Karlach (as if being the personification of reddit weren't bad enough already), since she'll die if you don't get the mechanic to work on her heart, and the mechanic will get killed during the grove raid. There might be a way to avoid this if you knock him out (I didn't test), but even if you do this, and he still shows up in Act 2 (which I don't know if he will) at Last Light, that's another place you need to depopulate in an evil playthrough.

Oddly enough, even though Karlach and Wyll will turn on you for massacring the tieflings, they'll just reprove you for killing the harpers.

Last edited:

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I do have to give Larian a bit of credit for not having Wyll reference the fact that he's black even once.
Why would he, "Black" isn't a thing in the setting. Instead he should explain how his family even got from wherever blacks live in Fearun to Baldurs Gate.
Not a Forgotten Realms lore buff, but they don't have a separate continent?
If not, then I am guessing it's Calimshan.
Also, Sarevok is not black, though retarded mouthbreathers like to say otherwise. As a Bhaalspawn with a Human mother, I am thinking she was actually from Calimshan. So, he's north african/moorish.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
So, is the honeymoon over? Can we acknowledge the fact BG3 is a necrophilic desecration of the BG series with amateurish, fan fiction-tier writing?

Sacibengala

Prophet
So, is the honeymoon over? Can we acknowledge the fact BG3 is a necrophilic desecration of the BG series with amateurish, fan fiction-tier writing?
Not yet. I'm waiting for it, though. The dialog system is completely stupid. As the skill system from 5E is.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In

It's good for what it is. I see this as an upgrade to everything Larian did after Divinity II, but it can't be considered a worthy sequel to Baldur's Gate.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
WHEELCHAIR BARBARIANS IS NEEDED
abelion-mad-hamish-discworld-1-f26a8152-gy9z.jpg

Padzi

Arbiter
I do not like Wyll at all. Also because of that fucker I messed up Karlach's ending. Fuuuck.
Huh. How?
I messed up seriously. I didn't know they are so connected since act 1 to 3. So:
After pact with Mozora ended, Wyll does not have any powers so I told him he should go into politics.
Because of that, he doesn't became Blade of Avernus and nobody wanted to go back with Karlach to hells.
So she exploded.
Facepalm.

Yosharian

Arcane
I do not like Wyll at all. Also because of that fucker I messed up Karlach's ending. Fuuuck.
Huh. How?
I messed up seriously. I didn't know they are so connected since act 1 to 3. So:
After pact with Mozora ended, Wyll does not have any powers so I told him he should go into politics.
Because of that, he doesn't became Blade of Avernus and nobody wanted to go back with Karlach to hells.
So she exploded.
Facepalm.
Wait what. So you *need* Wyll to get a good ending for Karlach?

Padzi

Arbiter
Huh. How?
So she exploded.
Facepalm.
Wait what. So you *need* Wyll to get a good ending for Karlach?
Yes. But...
Tav can go as well (Wyll is not needed), but if you are not romancing Karlach but someone else, it ends the relationship with that person. I checked myself.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
lol lmao even. Wyll and Karlach were made for each other. Two nonsense characters with nonsense backgrounds rooted in 5E idiocy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom