Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
1702047524556042.png

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
At least Pete Hines retired, so maybe TES6 will be good. Though they'd first need 1-2 years to pay the colossal tech debt they have with the egine.

Falksi

Arcane
We all know BG3 is woke trash, but seeing a TB CRPG smash the fuck out of all the usual normie shite like Zelda, Mario, Spiderman etc. has been utterly joyous. It's caused a right shitstorm on some social media groups, with one FB group having a admin who's going round banning people left, right and center over them reposting this claim him made...

ttzswF1.png

:lol:

But what's most satisfying is watching these completely dumb cunts trying their bollocks off to get into the game and failing, because it's now the trend. "It's complicated!" is something I'm reading everywhere lol. Stuff like this is brill...

gEvLdKo.png

It's a real watershed moment spotlighting the dumbest gamers out there, and it's been long overdue.

MerchantKing

Learned
I was playing on balanced, and now I will start again on tactical.
I beat it on balanced, too, and realized, apart from a few of boss battles, the game is piss-easy, and I should've started with tactician from the jump.
Tactician was also extremely easy. I still regret even downloading the game for free especially when you aren't really allowed to make custom companions without an exploit and it's pretty much a cutscene simulator with some boring gameplay in between cutscenes.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
We all know BG3 is woke trash, but seeing a TB CRPG smash the fuck out of all the usual normie shite like Zelda, Mario, Spiderman etc. has been utterly joyous. It's caused a right shitstorm on some social media groups, with one FB group having a admin who's going round banning people left, right and center over them reposting this claim him made...

ttzswF1.png

But what's most satisfying is watching these completely dumb cunts trying their bollocks off to get into the game and failing, because it's now the trend. "It's complicated!" is something I'm reading everywhere lol. Stuff like this is brill...

gEvLdKo.png

It's a real watershed moment spotlighting the dumbest gamers out there, and it's been long overdue.

I think it's amazing how 90% of people out there live in a parallel world where PC games appear to have never existed.

I see this constantly, from comments people make down to youtube videos i occationally end up catching. You'll have people play stuff like Witcher 3 and say things like it's their favored RPG since Chrono Trigger (and it's always fucking Chronoe Trigger), as if the RPG genre begun and ended with that fucking game UNTIL modern times.

I already cannot stand consoletards on a normal day but when i see shit like that i simply feel this burning hatred for them.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

FromSoft even being in that list has to be some kind of wierd glitch in the matrix. How the fuck do you go from lame ass shit like God of War to Sekiro.

Rhobar121

Scholar
Simple, it was a shitty year in the gaming industry and something had to be chosen. There were a lot of shitty games released this year, but luckily since then the standards have increased a bit and a Single Player MMO would end up worse than Starshit today.

Rhobar121

Scholar

FromSoft even being in that list has to be some kind of wierd glitch in the matrix. How the fuck do you go from lame ass shit like God of War to Sekiro.
You know what's the funniest? Virtually every one of their games was nominated in previous years, but it was only with Sekiro that they managed to win for the first time.

Falksi

Arcane

ttzswF1.png

gEvLdKo.png

I think it's amazing how 90% of people out there live in a parallel world where PC games appear to have never existed.

I see this constantly, from comments people make down to youtube videos i occationally end up catching. You'll have people play stuff like Witcher 3 and say things like it's their favored RPG since Chrono Trigger (and it's always fucking Chronoe Trigger), as if the RPG genre begun and ended with that fucking game UNTIL modern times.

I already cannot stand consoletards on a normal day but when i see shit like that i simply feel this burning hatred for them.
As one of the more consoletardy posters on the forum, I completely agree. Their ignorance of gaming is incredible. If anyone brings Chrono Trigger into the "Greatest RPG ever" conversation it's an instant red-flag that said player has played fuck all games, or is carrying some level of retardational dysfunction. Their blinkered desire to dismiss games which they haven't heard of is hilarious too.

This might give you a laugh as well...

WJReeKb.png

I find it amazing people can live without a PC in general tbh. Like, I was a working class rubbing rag from a pit village who's family didn't have a pot to piss in during the minor's strike in the 80's, yet we still grabbed ourselves a BBC Micro when we could because anyone with half a brain could see how essential computers were going to be to society over the coming years.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Even if you never owned a PC surely one should know something about PC games if anything due to cultural influence?

I mean i never owned a console as a kid and never played either Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy but i sure have heard of both. How the hell does one play games his whole life and NOT have any clue about the existence of an entire platform as big and as influential as the PC is?

Modron

Arcane
Limiting their gaming news exposure to resetera, kotaku, and specific reddit subforums probably.

Faarbaute

Arbiter
Falksi It's funny how a lot of those comments read like they are having a life crisis over this. "I'm going to play it some more but if I don't like it I feel like I made a mistake" haha

Modron

Arcane
Most codexers felt the same way about Pillars of Eternity's OC so can't really fault them there.

Faarbaute

Arbiter
Do they feel invalidated by the fact that the game has won a popularity contest, therefore having been bestowed with merit, in their view, and their own inability to appreciate the game somehow reflects badly upon themselves?

They don't even like the genre lmao.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath

Kind of right about the story though.
BG3 opens with a messy casserole of D&D slop thrown on the screen.
I would be imagine it must be very fuckin' confusing for people unfamiliar with Forgotten Realms.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom